Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Intruder posted:

Yeah but that's one position and they were weak at every position

They had a good chance to really strengthen the line this year. They blew it.
By my reckoning there were at least 5 good linemen they could have taken over Howard.

Instead they trade away 2 firsts to get Tunsil and a few others. BoB GM for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Intruder posted:

It was funny when they showed Brees's face in slow motion, the utter disbelief at what the Texans were doing and the rush to take advantage of it

I need a clip of that.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Thank God BoB is a moron

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Metapod posted:

Thank God BoB is a moron

When he called a time out, then challenged the previous play, then lost two time outs. That was pretty good even if it didn't really end up hurting them.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Flacco looked ok, not particularly good. Made some throws, missed some throws. He seems overly casual, almost lazy sometimes. The early injury to the RT was a problem. But he made a few plays and didn't screw up.

But the main issues were the defense being mediocre, and Fangio being conservative. They looked a step slow, almost hesitant, as if they don't quite know the defense yet. And then Fangio kicked a field goal down 21-6 in the fourth quarter, and continued trying to Establish The Run even when the game was out of hand. They still feel like a 7 win team.

The Raiders seemed extra motivated and were remarkably mistake-free. Maybe they'll win 7 games too.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I can't wait for bears broncos to end in a scoreless tie

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Still too much in the afterglow of the championship to be too bummed about the broncos but zero sacks against Oakland is some bullshit.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Fangio looks like he's in over his head

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Still too much in the afterglow of the championship to be too bummed about the broncos but zero sacks against Oakland is some bullshit.
Carr also hit zero times

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Deshaun Watson totally wasted in BoB's system.

The Texans don't have a GM to fix their problems.

Watson should demand a trade.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

solarjetman posted:

Flacco looked ok, not particularly good. Made some throws, missed some throws. He seems overly casual, almost lazy sometimes. The early injury to the RT was a problem. But he made a few plays and didn't screw up.

This is Joe Flacco in a nutshell. Sprinkle in a few heroic playoff performances.

Seen a lot of comments about him looking lethargic or lazy but really that’s just him, he’s always looked that way and it’s always been kind of maddening to watch when you want some urgency.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Android Apocalypse posted:

Deshaun Watson totally wasted in BoB's system.

The Texans don't have a GM to fix their problems.

Watson should demand a trade.

The offense was pretty productive. Watson is being wasted because O'Brien is a coward and makes terrible tactical decisions and traded away all of the good players for peanuts, but the actual play calling was decent.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Blitz7x posted:

GOd bless

I panic changed my pickem to Broncos when it'd been Raiders all week. I have no idea why I panicked so bad and I have been suitably chastened

Also I went 11-5 against the spread. That's pretty drat good right. I could've made money on that

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The offense was pretty productive. Watson is being wasted because O'Brien is a coward and makes terrible tactical decisions and traded away all of the good players for peanuts, but the actual play calling was decent.

I was shocked at how well they ran the ball against the Saints defense. I also do like O'Brien's style with Watson with the multiple play fakes at the start of the play which keeps defenses on their toes.

Let's be honest, the Saints are the better team, if the Texans had come out with a win it would've been a lot of luck. Still, for a moment I thought they had it

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Play posted:

I was shocked at how well they ran the ball against the Saints defense. I also do like O'Brien's style with Watson with the multiple play fakes at the start of the play which keeps defenses on their toes.

Let's be honest, the Saints are the better team, if the Texans had come out with a win it would've been a lot of luck. Still, for a moment I thought they had it

The Saints are down two starting DTs so they were pretty soft in the middle of the line. But the Texans did a good job of taking advantage and Duke Johnson ran really well. I think they've got a pretty explosive offense and whatever his faults O'Brien has a part in that.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

pnumoman posted:

I don't want to believe this only because I don't want to believe the Raiders offense is any good.

I am resigned to the fact all of tff will continue to think Carr is a bad quarterback, nay I relish in it

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I thought he was gonna be a top 10 guy a few years ago but then it seemed like he regressed and the Raiders lost a lot. Actually looking at his stats now though they were never awful and I’m not surprised to seem him play well this season.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

I am resigned to the fact all of tff will continue to think Carr is a bad quarterback, nay I relish in it

Carr is good when he isn't seeing phantom pressure and can take the time to line up the shot. Just like 2012. Get him off his spot and subject him to pressure and he's complete balls

First game was a great sign because the Broncos didn't even touch him all night. The guys that have been brought in in the offseason will also make a huge difference, he didn't have poo poo to throw to last year but Jared Cook

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Play posted:

Carr is good when he isn't seeing phantom pressure and can take the time to line up the shot. Just like 2012. Get him off his spot and subject him to pressure and he's complete balls

First game was a great sign because the Broncos didn't even touch him all night. The guys that have been brought in in the offseason will also make a huge difference, he didn't have poo poo to throw to last year but Jared Cook
I thought this play was a good sign in that regard:

https://twitter.com/JoRo_NFL/status/1171261283179597824?s=20

Play
Apr 25, 2006

japtor posted:

I thought this play was a good sign in that regard:

https://twitter.com/JoRo_NFL/status/1171261283179597824?s=20

Yeah that's a nice play although you can tell that the throw was not really on target and Renfrow made an awesome play on the ball. Again force Carr off his spot and he loses accuracy, he kind of did there too. On the plays he wasn't pressured he dropped some gorgeous passes right in the bucket

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

iwentdoodie posted:

You mean hes amazingly articulate and well spoken.

Jerry Richardson would have let him use the front door!

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Here’s an interesting video I found about breaking down Lamar’s TD passes and some of his decision making: https://youtu.be/KiFVfP4SVug

“BuT It’S MIamI!” You cry, spraying Cheeto dust all over your keyboard as you whine.

To that I say “Stop trying to take this away from him; if it were against the Patriots you’d still be giving him crap.”

“HE’s a RuNNinG BaCK!” You shout, Mountain Dew erupting from your maw as it stains your monitor with its putrid stench.

“He only scrambled ONCE during that game, and it was only for a first down,” I reply, growing weary of your tirade.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

HereticMIND posted:

Here’s an interesting video I found about breaking down Lamar’s TD passes and some of his decision making: https://youtu.be/KiFVfP4SVug

“BuT It’S MIamI!” You cry, spraying Cheeto dust all over your keyboard as you whine.

To that I say “Stop trying to take this away from him; if it were against the Patriots you’d still be giving him crap.”

“HE’s a RuNNinG BaCK!” You shout, Mountain Dew erupting from your maw as it stains your monitor with its putrid stench.

“He only scrambled ONCE during that game, and it was only for a first down,” I reply, growing weary of your tirade.

what the hell??

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

HereticMIND posted:

Should we crown him?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Deshaun Watson is truly incredible, neck and neck with Mahomes in my eyes each having special unique attributes. Wish he could get a better coach and offensive line so he could realize his extremely high potential

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

AndrewP posted:

I thought he was gonna be a top 10 guy a few years ago but then it seemed like he regressed and the Raiders lost a lot. Actually looking at his stats now though they were never awful and I’m not surprised to seem him play well this season.

yeah looking back at last season was not a very good indicator of going forward

also his leg shattered into a million pieces shortly after we finally got to the playoffs so seeing him still playing well (even if it's for a game) is kind of mind boggling

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yes, this forum is notoriously low on Lamar Jackson

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Deshaun Watson is truly incredible, neck and neck with Mahomes in my eyes each having special unique attributes. Wish he could get a better coach and offensive line so he could realize his extremely high potential

Yeah, I wish he was on the Bears-

quote:

better coach and offensive line

Oh... nevermind.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Should we crown him?

I’m just tired of the TOP TEN QBS IN THE NFL lists basically containing nothing but Tom Brady and Baker Mayfield. There are tons of great QBs in the league, like Wentz, Mahomes, and of course Jackson; seeing them get sidelined in the conversation of “BeSt qB EvEr!” just irks me.

I also found that video particularly interesting because the tone was more of a one on one tutorial and quite a through breakdown of Lamar’s play calling than a college lecture.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I want Lamar to succeed to spit in the face of every analyst and coach who told him to switch from being a QB.

Also he seems like a cool dude so go him.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I wonder how the loving clowns who think dak should take less money For The Team To Improve feel about ceo pay.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

HereticMIND posted:

Which one of us is Goofus and which one is Gallant?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
The NFL has a cap, that is not some minor detail. Having a superior talent : dollar spent ratio is the difference between champ and chump

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

Which one of us is Goofus and which one is Gallant?

Well, I know that you’re not Gallant, that’s fer drat sure.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Gay Horney posted:

I wonder how the loving clowns who think dak should take less money For The Team To Improve feel about ceo pay.

Do you understand what a salary cap is

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

OxySnake posted:

I want Lamar to succeed to spit in the face of every analyst and coach who told him to switch from being a QB.
Who are the analysts and coaches who did this besides Gil Brandt, who is literally 100 years old and senile? Honest question.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

Who are the analysts and coaches who did this besides Gil Brandt, who is literally 100 years old and senile? Honest question.

Everyone who says that Tom Brady should get ALL the Super Bowl rings. So pretty much everyone on ESPN, Colin Cowherd, and Skip Bayless (when Skip isn’t sucking Jerry Boy’s cock).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

I mean, for any individual player that's a poor reason to take less money.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Polian was a big one, although he's even older and more senile.

e: honestly surprised to find out he's younger. He's still more senile.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Goff signing a mega deal makes me root for Dak to throw for 4500 yards and 50 TDs (and then get bounced in their first playoff game because Zeke fumbles the game winning possession) because I really wanna see how that contract plays out.

Wasn’t Dak’s pending contract part of why Jerry Jones didn’t want to resign Zeke?

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Grittybeard posted:

When he called a time out, then challenged the previous play, then lost two time outs. That was pretty good even if it didn't really end up hurting them.

My favorite part was that BoB had to call a timeout and use a challenge to get the refs to look at the spot but later in the game the Saint’s get an “Official’s Review” for essentially the same thing without having to challenge.

Not excusing BoB’s waste of a time out, he should have just challenged in the first place. But the officiating all game was awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

a neat cape posted:

yes and I think we need one for CEOs