Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

prove that the last two nfl games counted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

hifi posted:

Cohen kinda sucked tonight, they weren't getting any of the sweep motions or other backfield shenanigans working and then it was just some wideouts that kinda suck and allen robinson

Almost as if practicing those in game situations with the #1 personnel would be useful before a meaningful game.

hifi posted:

cris was saying how mack was neutralized but they'd just run away from him and some fat dude would squish the rb. obviously it worked well enough for green bay but mack was impactful

Yea GB was sliding their protection that way, overall the pressure was good on Rodgers.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/1169816344654565377?s=19

Grittybeard posted:

Oh god I just realized the last two NFL games I watched (that counted) were that Super Bowl and this game.

Maybe football is dead.

let it die

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
That went about how I expected it to go.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Lions gonna win the division at 5-11, hell yeah

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Lions gonna win the division at 5-11, hell yeah

Some part of me would love having a super bowl champion with a losing record.

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

I was a work during the game and turned it off in disgust after the first couple drives. Packers were awful from what I saw but got the win somehow. Perhaps the highlights will show me differently, but I can't see our offense winning games. The only reason the defense seemed good was because the bears are even worse

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Matt Lafleur:
UNDEFEATED

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Packers defense looked a bit less lost, offense looked the same to me, a casual observer, bears offense looks cooked. Week 1 so maybe the rust will shake off but Trubs didn't look good last year either lol

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Pretend I'm making a joke about that game lasting 100 years.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shinjobi posted:

The Bears will shock and surprise the Green Bay Packers

And then they will beat themselves

The Packers were shocked and surprised by how bad the Bears were

I give myself 3 out of a possible 20 points on this guess

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im not saying he should start right away but theres a quarterback with basically no wear and tear on them who has already made all the money he needs to and would just play to win (tm) and has been resting for a few years now and absolutely cant be worse than trubinsky

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Master Stur posted:

Packers defense looked a bit less lost, offense looked the same to me

it looked to me like the packors were deploying a lot of lafleur's concepts in the first half, then by the second half (or like partway through the second quarter, really) had reverted to more or less the same type of thing mccarthy used to do. Maybe trying to capitalize on rogers' familiarity with that playstyle, maybe just because lafleur didn't feel confident leaning on the new stuff yet

the stretch of time where they were using new stuff included both the 2 awful opening drives and the one good touchdown drive, so its sort of a wash i guess

will reserve judgment until after the starters have had more opportunity to shake the rust off, and until ive seen em against a couple of more typical defenses

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Sep 6, 2019

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Barudak posted:

Im not saying he should start right away but theres a quarterback with basically no wear and tear on them who has already made all the money he needs to and would just play to win (tm) and has been resting for a few years now and absolutely cant be worse than trubinsky

And he's already on the Bears roster.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chase the Dragon, baby

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The Bear's defense seems good. Lots of QBs running around was fun to watch

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Trubes is bad

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LethalGeek posted:

The Bear's defense seems good. Lots of QBs running around was fun to watch

And given the powerhouse offense on the other side of the ball all they have to do is hold the opposing team to a safety or less everygame and they win everytime.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/LilySZhao/status/1169820945344679938

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1169786206999195649

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Barudak posted:

At least I got some trolling in tonight.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Barudak posted:

The Bears will have to stick with Trubisky and pretend he's their franchise QB for a couple more years before cutting ties. I don't get why it's so hard to admit you hosed up and move on.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
trubisky is even worse than I thought he was

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Niwrad posted:

The Bears will have to stick with Trubisky and pretend he's their franchise QB for a couple more years before cutting ties. I don't get why it's so hard to admit you hosed up and move on.

It would be silly to immediately cut ties with a guy who's still young, cheap and not conclusively worse than whatever QB will be available in free agency

They should absolutely be aggressive about targeting a QB to replace him by the time his contract is up, though. Sucks they don't have a first rounder next year

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

You don't necessarily cut ties, but if this season doesn't show development they'd be dumb to not think about a future replacement. He looked like he regressed today. That said they were like 48-12 dropbacks-runs which is spectacularly bad balance considering their personnel.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

xbilkis posted:

It would be silly to immediately cut ties with a guy who's still young, cheap and not conclusively worse than whatever QB will be available in free agency

They should absolutely be aggressive about targeting a QB to replace him by the time his contract is up, though. Sucks they don't have a first rounder next year

This is his 3rd year. The team is quite good except for him. If he isn't clearly starting caliber by the end of the year you get some one else. The best available options this past off season were Flacco, Foles, and maybe Keenum. Any one of them would have won tonight. You have to try to do something with the talented team they have. Those guys won't stick around for long.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vinny Testaverde might be an upgrade, why not find out?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

xbilkis posted:

Im not even a krapperdick fan and this is so so wrong

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

schmitty9800 posted:

At least I got some trolling in tonight.

A forest of dicks?!

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Hey guys, let's put a positive spin on the opening game: it was as entertaining as the last Super Bowl

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lol, one game and it's lost season sign Kaepernick time.

fans are dumb.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

xbilkis posted:

He is Blake Bortles and the quicker the Bears can accept that the better chance they'll have of not wasting a great defense and a decent offense.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I predicted Trubs would throw two scores, lmfao.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Also this is his 3rd year and he still stares down his receiver on every loving play like a high school QB.

Should have gone after Foles.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

MoaM posted:

I predicted Trubs would throw two scores, lmfao.

Packer's D cant catch

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

1st & 40

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

BlindSite posted:

Lol, one game and it's lost season sign Kaepernick time.

fans are dumb.

Trubisky looked really bad and the Bears are really not in a position to wait out a struggling inconsistent QB, so I get the griping. They certainly shouldn't give him too much rope, considering where the roster's at, and it would be really disheartening if this team didn't succeed because their franchise QB turned out to be a bust

But yeah, it's one game. Mitch looked really bad sometimes last year too and he looked good enough at others. He's probably not The Guy if he's capable of playing that poorly, but the defense is great and it's unreasonable to assume Nagy was actually a gigantic fraud who can't coach an offense at all.

Blake Bortles almost made the Super Bowl once! Ya gotta make do with what you got

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

:stonklol:

I dozed off and slept through the game. What the hell happened?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

What happened? Bears defense is really really good.

The packers defense dropped 7 picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shinji2015 posted:

:stonklol:

I dozed off and slept through the game. What the hell happened?

For the first and 40 specifically I think it went holding penalty, OPI, holding penalty?

They were all penalties at least I remember.

e: which after thinking for a half second I suppose they'd have to be for it to still be first down