Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The Vikings scored 28 points, and called just 10 passing plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

colachute posted:

ESPN is slurping the Patriots this morning and making GBS threads pretty hard on AB. How did the Patriots get this reputation as a cold blooded organization that will cut players without remorse? What big names have they gotten rid of?

They cut a bunch of players that where over the hill af (Ochocinco as one example) and then branded themselves as the patriot way

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

The collective tears of the Red Sox not making the playoffs and the Pat's not making the SB would move rising sea levels 20 years into the future

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

no one gives a single poo poo about the Red Sox lol everyone stopped watching a month and a half ago when it was declared by townies that they were out of the wild card, that's the level of ambivalence towards a non-winning team

If the patriots dynasty ever ends Boston will 1000% go right back to a baseball town in a heart beat.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

zapplez posted:

Or third option ,he was always really talented, does his best to take care of his body, has gotten lucky to avoid serious long term injuries,and has the best supporting cast of talent and management around him for his career that an professional sports player has ever had.

Also the obvious answer is that NFL rules have moved super far to protect QBs so they can play into their early 40s easily because they dont take the hits that usually linger and reduce their production.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

yeah the keywords there are "go right back" which implies that they aren't currently, which was the exact same point I just made so I'm glad we're all on the same page here lol

I guess you missed the part where for 80 years Boston was a baseball city, but I too like to ignore history.

Nuke new england nevertheless

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

When the gently caress were we ever talking about the last 80 years? I am talking about right now, today, but okay dude, let me tell you exactly what you want to hear: everyone is tuning in to the Red Sox every day and crying big fat sloppy wet tears over the Red Sox getting shithoused in the wild card. are you happy now? :laffo:

The Pats just opened the season and 90% of the sports fans promptly ignored the Sox. It's football time in New England binch

Glad to see your actually laughing

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

a neat cape posted:

They started winning these type of games last year, to be fair.

I have some major concerns (specifically left tackle and the run defense), but we are a good team

How long is Derwin James out for again? Also any news about Mike Williams?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

a neat cape posted:

James should be back in mid November if the rehab is on schedule, and Okung by mid October.

Nothing on Mike yet, but it doesnt seem like it was a big deal.

Hopefully they make it back for Bears / Packers. Otherwise it looks like LACs schedule is pretty easy except Denver in a few weeks.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Speaking of which did the NFL rescind the "You cant tackle a QB and land on them with your body weight" rule from last year?

The play Foles broke his collarbone on was almost a mirror of how Rodgers broke his.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Huh I thought defenses finally adjusted to tackling them on the side but :shrug:

RIP Foles

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

Sorry, I have it on good authority that Vikings fans are worse

Please, the worst thing Minnesota fans have done is throw batteries at Chuck Knoblauch and that was 100% deserved

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

I want Lamar to succeed to spit in the face of every analyst and coach who told him to switch from being a QB.

Also he seems like a cool dude so go him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Keep the salary cap, but increase it to 55% of league revenues + individual team revenues.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 10, 2019