Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

so i didn't watch the game but looking at the box score did the Bears move Tarik Cohen to WR because he had 8 receptions but no rushing attempts

He had one rushing attempt but there was a hold on the play if I remember right.

He was mostly lining up in the slot though it looked like. Not sure if that's permanent or was just an idea to get him on the field at the same time as the other backs that I kept noticing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh god I just realized the last two NFL games I watched (that counted) were that Super Bowl and this game.

Maybe football is dead.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Barudak posted:

Im not saying he should start right away but theres a quarterback with basically no wear and tear on them who has already made all the money he needs to and would just play to win (tm) and has been resting for a few years now and absolutely cant be worse than trubinsky

And he's already on the Bears roster.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shinji2015 posted:

:stonklol:

I dozed off and slept through the game. What the hell happened?

For the first and 40 specifically I think it went holding penalty, OPI, holding penalty?

They were all penalties at least I remember.

e: which after thinking for a half second I suppose they'd have to be for it to still be first down

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

Didn't they say something like Trubisky only threw 3 passes in the preseason? That seems like a bad idea for a young guy who hasn't exactly done much.

If nothing else that one drive (actually their second best drive of the night) that started off with a delay of game and had another delay of game later in the possession seems like a reason he should have played some more. That can sometimes be on the coach getting plays in late but the helmet mic cuts off at 15 seconds and he seemingly had no awareness that the play clock was about to run out, they had all 3 time outs.

The second delay turned a 3rd and 5 into a 3rd and 10 on the edge of field goal range--well, obviously inside field goal range for any team but the Bears but that's a different matter--and I think just about every team in the league would take a time out there if they had the choice.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

Hopefully that ankle isn't too serious and Mahomes can lose a bunch of the tape for next week, he was just on fire and the offense looked genuinely unstoppable when he was firing on all cylinders.

https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/1170798276758556672

That's what I assumed it was but just for the record. He definitely wasn't moving right, hopefully it's a low sprain and his foot doesn't blow up to three times its regular size tonight.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/mikefreemanNFL/status/1170838919371509760

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

Florio also makes poo poo up.

I want to believe.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Drake I guess and maybe Parker? :shrug:

Chiefs ought to be calling about Howard.

e: I guess if they can fit him in, I forgot he got paid.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/surrender_idx90/status/1170853885638057984

This is a good account, thanks for whoever linked it earlier today in the GDT.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

They opened as -14.5 favorites @ Miami next week.

Full opening odds:

https://twitter.com/golfodds/status/1170834458502557696

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh, huh. I didn't know you could look at point spreads on pfr. Cool. And over/unders.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Just remembered to look to see what Myles Jack said after the game (mostly boilerplate I'm sorry, won't happen again, etc) but it did make me wonder what was up on that play.

Sammy Watkins blew him up is what pissed him off originally. But it was a passing play, a straight dropback and not an RPO or anything I don't think. What was going on there? Did Watkins have the wrong play call? Was he trying to bait Jack or something dumb like that?

What a weird rear end play, with the Chiefs season almost dying along with everything Jack did.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Athanatos posted:

11 minutes left in the game Lions lead 24-6 and they blew this? My god.

Kyler Murray looks better when the Cards were in chaos catch up mode. He found Fitz a lot during it at least. Also they didn't go away from the run game even when the clock was ticking down which worked fantastic.

Now it's in OT and 1st and Goal from the 8 for the Cards and they dont win this? What is this game.

This is what madness feels like.

I'll just say this before you see it. The Cards absolutely should have won the game after punting in OT. Everything is ridiculous.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, I'd completely forgot the Ravens beat the Bills 47-3 in last year's season opener.

Don't be a bad team playing the Ravens in your first game I guess.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Metapod posted:

Thank God BoB is a moron

When he called a time out, then challenged the previous play, then lost two time outs. That was pretty good even if it didn't really end up hurting them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Do you understand what a salary cap is

I mean, for any individual player that's a poor reason to take less money.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Who are the analysts and coaches who did this besides Gil Brandt, who is literally 100 years old and senile? Honest question.

Polian was a big one, although he's even older and more senile.

e: honestly surprised to find out he's younger. He's still more senile.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think someone's pointed it out already but the Broncos got beat deep on a play where the Raiders sent one man on a route.

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1171959396919853056

e: worth noting on the maxest of protects Von Miller almost got there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Carr got it out fast a lot (there's another clip going around where both tackles get beat immediately and it doesn't matter), but yeah. Really disappointing night for the Denver pass rush.