Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Here's to another few thousand pages of amazing drama!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Ashrik posted:

Oh, I think I've bought access to this thing many many years ago. Can I install something and/or play it?

It's basically unplayable. You can certainly install something though and your trip report will be welcomed.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Reinventing basic industry stuff nobody else bothers to make any fuss about, plus burning through a ton of money to deliver underwhelming and poorly finished goods that are designed to look nice from the outside despite production being rotten?

CIG isn't Chevrolet in this analogy. They're Tesla.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

zcrow posted:

They did that mobile map app tie-in a while back. Can't remember the name but it was pretty tenuous.

I'm pretty sure it was a weather service

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Mining tool looks awfully No Man's Skysy there. :thunkher:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Their hearts will explode when they run. It's realistic. :goonsay:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Sometime around October, yeah.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

god that is the most star citizen thing

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

The gunsmith backstory in that magazine is bad and doesn't make sense.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Yeah the paywall has nothing to do with artificial scarcity this time, and to quote TGRS' tagline: it's not about you [, commando ]. :cripes:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Blink is a very fun and core ability in Dishonored.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Cataclysm has this weird system where the main thing that matters is caloric intake. How much your character has 'actually' eaten is independent of your stomach size, so if you keep cramming stuff in your gob to get to the 'full' state almost every other roguelike has primed you to think of as the target, you'll never know your character has gotten obese until you check your stats and skills screen and look in a weird corner of it.

Also by default there's a nutrition system that will ding you for not eating a balanced diet. The game is full of "fidelity" that makes the game actively more of a pain.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

My computer handles Elite fine, and Star Citizen was a floaty greasy low frame rate nightmare

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Agony Aunt posted:

Have you heard of zero hour contracts?

In 2018 I was working on a contract job that initially guaranteed 20 hours for the eight or so months I was to be involved. I think I only spent a few days on the original scope of the contract before basically blowing expectations out of the water and doing Actual Data Migration stuff instead of manually copying stuff out.

My reward halfway through after a brief stretch of full-time work was being taken into a meeting room with the company lawyer and asked to sign a zero-hour amendment to my contract, plus giving assurances I've not retained any company data. And once the contract was over, being sent a marketing email for their investment product where the minimum buy-in was more than what I earned throughout the entire contract, which was my only job that year. :cripes:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Also they can't be bothered to keep a backup of the user database and just check to see if those things have been preserved after the patch.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

:orb:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

I honestly would not have picked up that it was Star Citizen without prompting :cripes:

The angular faceplates kinda remind me of the box art for EVE Valkyrie (which, while it wasn't a great game, at least had some aesthetic direction), and the exposed side barrel on the space P90 plus the orange furniture make me think of like Destiny and Warframe's space pewpew.

The shoulderpads kinda remind me of the Halo armour having lights on it, but then there's that box on the helmet's side which maybe are meant to be lights?? Just bolting a gopro to it would have looked better.

I have no idea why there's a couple bike seats on the sternum.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

peter gabriel posted:

Dust is on his mind

Nice.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

AbstractNapper posted:

Jesus Christ. Trap is a bad word too?

Also, I'd say pull up thread in this case but seeing as mods are here...

If it's in the context of talking about trans or gender nonconforming people etc, yeah. It's not hard to not punch down like that, thread, and if we can recognise that it's unhealthy to name the reddit posters getting quoted, then we can have a little empathy for other people too.

E: serious taxxe

Anticheese fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Feb 25, 2020

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

The problem I have with your description is that I don't really think I am reducing a person per se. I am reducing a person in some outfit, so to me it's a description of looks.

Just like the TGRS header says, it's not about you.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

C I not G-rated

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Games Rules posted:

Hello friends! We here on the Games moderation team hope that no matter how or what games you play that they bring you genuine joy and that your time spent posting here only increases that joy by connecting you to people who love the same things you do. Games are for everyone.

Everyone, that is, except transphobes, homophobes, racists, and other bigots, who can gently caress off forever, and will be helped to gently caress off forever should they try to post here. Please report these idiots, because they are not wanted here.

Thank you!

not an emptyquote

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

SelenicMartian posted:

What did he do as a producer? Told them where to buy a used car?

I think someone pointed out that the AK model in the background of the Lord of War DVD menu was taken from a Counterstrike mod in one of this thread's earlier incarnations.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Maybe that computer was part of a huge misunderstanding over what onlyfans is.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

trucutru posted:

The best community!

Wow. For once it isn't goons being unimpressed while saying "no ring."

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Holy crap that's not edited. :allears:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

The computer in the first prison video said 2h:55m remaining on your sentence. Near the end of a ten minute video. :cripes:

If CIG had the faintest hint of self awareness or irony then the AI blathering on about how great it is that your sentence has been slightly reduced for your labour would be 1) part of a dystopia comedy thing because of how on the nose it is, and 2) a lie

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Colostomy Bag posted:

So in other words, escaping Shawshank involves dealing with less poo poo than SC.

There's at least 40 more minutes on the space prison sentence in that video than the whole run time of The Shawshank Redemption.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Washer Crobear

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

biglads posted:

I;m thinkin bout thos mo-cap sessions

moo-cap

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

I have (an emulation of) the Flying Toasters screensaver on my work laptop and it has more personality than Star Citizen.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Huh so they're still doing theatres of war?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

I begged a friend to not try and play the new version of Star Citizen after his employment ended today, but he went ahead and did it anyway. After getting through the weird character generator, it hung for about 20 minutes on the loading screen and CTD'd without ever actually entering the PU.

Game of the year. It's an experience so exclusive you can't even play it!

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Wait do the prison sentences only tick down if you're logged in?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Starbase, but it's not available to the public yet.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

I think that's why they said sataball got canned/not integrated with the game proper?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Colostomy Bag posted:

I wonder what the Colosseum would look like in modern times if Emperor Roberts had a hand in its design.

Crobbersseum

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Good tigger discipline there.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Boarding harpoons sound rad as heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

How much does the Buccaneer cost? Because I can understand you having a bad time taking an unupgraded Sidewinder out hunting, but not having something costing a lot being unusable out the box for a basic mission.