Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
They have been laying, cleaning out and streamlining the pipelines for years.

So, currently they have lots of pipelines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Enchanted Hat posted:

I heard that Star Citizen is bad

Oh, have some heart.
It's pre-alpha for Chris shake

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
You know how you can tell this game is the real deal?

The referral contests.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
A favorite highlight of this trash fire from GamesCom 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCtdyNFwQWo&t=6176s

Also a metaphor for Store Citizens development

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

MrOzzy posted:

Actually Duke Nukem Forever was released in 2011 ...

wait for it

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I don't think Chris has the capacity to make it a scam. He's trying to make an impossible game, isn't smart enough to realise it won't happen, and his personal Hollywood lawyer is taking care of all the money and tax shelters. Everyone else around him knows, but they're all Yes Men cashing their paycheques.

Chris is well aware that he has been showing deceptive gameplay on their CitCons, and that not only has he been promising the world and the skies to anyone to get more money but he also greenlighted shady stuff like selling land on the moons/planets.

This is way beyond being a naive game creator who thinks they can make the best space sim ever.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Dark Off posted:

https://youtu.be/wENuiIcPK10?t=2598 the design documents gets asked again
https://youtu.be/wENuiIcPK10?t=2865 lando says that design documents were wildly inaccurate
:lol:
Ah, the "design documents" -- actually it's Lando's air quotation marks, not mine, that he gestures when the question is first asked.

Were those the insane(ly long) ramblings that detailed mining and such, and promised ~dreams~ and clearly unfeasible stuff both in terms of complexity and in tediousness that they would result when translated to gameplay?

Those are apparently gone now, never to return. And also, apparently they now have way shorter documents about tier-0 implementation of their mechanics. Which of course they won't even discuss about releasing in public, because reasons I guess, in the most open development project ever.

Don't let the rubes know how much you dialed back the insanity and hurt their dream, as these particular crowd does not react well to that. No, leave it vague (which is why "tier-4" is casually mentioned, when their "tier-0"(!) is not even a thing for most of their mechanics and features).

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Sep 7, 2019

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

MedicineHut posted:

Hold on, all those design documents were intextricably linked to a specific ship or high profile sale item. Mining ships, e-war ships, farming ships, etc Are the moneys CIG got also never to return to the backers who pledge them due to these design documents hype? Is CIG offering refunds for those? No? I am shocked, shocked I tell you.

No, everything will be as promised in Tier 4 or 5.

Be patient, development has only just begun. They are certainly not purging all traces of their big promises.

Also, what are you talking about, show me proof they ever promised complex workflows for mining ships, news reporters, etc? You can't, can you, you goon fudster

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Drunk Theory posted:

Look they promised 100 systems....but not at the same time. Checkmate. FUD Goons.

Yes, but then there was a forum poll, see, and the scope expanded exponentially, so the systems got contracted and their number got reduced, because this makes sense somehow.

And a true Store Citizen does not worry for any of this, because all of Skyrim can fit in a moon's crater.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Content creators were a mistake

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Oh, Blobs. Any year of CI~G development needs lots of explaining.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Come on Crobbler, you can do better than that.
I want waterfalls and active volcanoes next.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Bootcha posted:

Where is my mind?

:five: :five: :five:
Superb

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

I mean he must realize that all of these can be true, if he just focuses to the "I've ever played" part.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Hey, mr Tarantino, I have an idea for a Kill Bill comedy spin off.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Are we weeks away from CitCan yet?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Zushio posted:

I like this little section at the top of the description.

REVIEWS

“a working prototype that looks, in a word, spectacular!”
Chris Roberts

“When you have talented developers working on a passion project, it creates magic, and that is Infinity: Battlescape”
Eric 'Wingman' Peterson

“I just backed Infinity: Battlescape”
Angry Joe Show

Are these kickstarter shout outs to boost a project's popularity while the campaign was still active? They read like such anyway.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
So apparently the answer to the question how many Lumberyard games are released is one consoles-only racing game developed and published in-house by Amazon Game Studios.

All whole eight of the rest of the titles are either still TBA or cancelled.

Things are looking good.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Sarsapariller posted:

It feels like they Chris actively detests the fans at this point. Like he's working really hard to show them as little of the actual development going on in his studios as possible. I know the thread's going to come in and knee-jerk "That's because there is no development" but there clearly is, there's obviously stuff that they work on year-round for the big ships and major demos or whatever. But they aren't allowed to talk about it. It's so loving weird.
It could be that they want *something* to be a surprise or at least worthwhile content to show at CitCan.

Or Crobbler realized that at some point he will need to cut the ties with the weirdos and also probably all the backers who might hold him accountable if he wants his masterpiece to actually sell when released. (It won't and it will crash and burn anyway)

Or it's both.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Oh come on. Is this the best screenshots they could take?
Those dead eyes are killing me.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Can I customize my commando to be wearing a creepy big bunny mask.

Asking for a friend.

ps I can send you the mask to model it. But I'll need it back afterwards.

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 27, 2019

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Hannibal Rex posted:

There's two new spaceships in Rebel Galaxy Outlaw. $0 each.

Crazy!

I like to think that RGO is the product of a reddit fight of a sane backer (when there was such a thing, years ago) with a Citizen dolt whereby, the backer was asking about the delays, feature creep and huge derail off the original vision, and the dolt basically told him that this isn't how game development works, and that they should develop their own Star Citizen game if they think it's that easy.

And then they did. And it's better and closer to Privateer than anything CIG will eventually dump on the commandos laps.

But they can't rub it in the face of said dolt, due to marketing reasons and showing a good face to the community.

But I can. In your face Fartisce ! Ha!

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Sep 27, 2019

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Sarsapariller posted:

Hot off the test servers: 8 minutes of thrilling cave action

My favorite bit is the part at 2:15 where he tries to drop a glowstick and it goes skittering off to the left instead of falling down.

Exciting stuff.
You could fit more than one Skyrims in that final map glitch chasm.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Pixelate posted:

So is the water thing cropping up in new locations because they're placed inside the sea of the system map, or because the location's internal sea hasn't been bug smooshed yet? I guess what I'm asking is: Can you have a sea inside a sea?

Yes.
Just do it.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Thom12255 posted:

jpegs are assets

"And to my dear friend Bobbie I leave my collection of ships in Star Citizen, which I purchased for $3450"

- Ah, ok. Is that worth anything?
- No.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Bootcha posted:

Wait, poo poo, wrong series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2dbNx3c7uk

Edit: Cat taxxe paid on last page.

Superbly done and well worth the wait. Great work, sir!

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I honestly have renewed appreciation for Lesnick after watching the video.

I mean the project is still a scam and the actual game has been primarily the "gamified" transactions, but at least if he got credit for a while and also a good paycheck he probably deserved for the work and hours he put it -- and so did the others who were eventually phased out.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

nawledgelambo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2dbNx3c7uk&t=3091s

the best part about bootcha's video

lmao man i forgot about this
Oh, man. Poor kid. I hope she found work at a better place.

That shifty dude that clearly agrees with the eye roll but then quickly goes into "do I know you?" mode, though.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

his nibs posted:

Jokes on you goonies :smuggo:

Star Citizen is out and is officially good as the:

"true spiritual successor to Origin Systems’ Privateer, and in doing so gives every player a chance to live a life like famed space scoundrel Han Solo."

https://bit.ly/2OiqzkH

Pixel Lemonade, popular and accurate news site claimed all these years ago, when Star Citizen was actually released. Check and mate

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

PC Gaming saved by conditioning idiots to think this is ok. Well done Crobbear.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Lol, it'll be funny to see how long streamers can pretend the load of nothing that is the caves is fun gameplay

If the bug that transforms a commando to a Lovecraftian monstrosity with tentacles for limbs is still there, I can see some emergent fun gameplay happening.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

oh yeah. That's the good stuff.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Enemy sighted at 5 o' clock.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
So do you think there will ever be even a second "planetary system" in SC? I think they have cornered themselves on this one.

So long as they show that they're still working on one system, that is borderline acceptable "alpha" tier-0 work, building the foundations and cleaning up the pipelines. It's a stretch, but easily swallowed by whoever remains a backer for this.

As soon as it transitions into "there's a second planet system now with one moon in it", however, then it is just sad. I don't think even the shill-est of shills could defend that.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Looking forward to all the new door glitches.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
eh, pre-citcon slowdown on actual development is due to them shifting into crunch time for creating the one-off demo build that they'll dispose off as unusable and non-viable a day after.

Sandiworm here we goooooo-- hey that sand grain should be green not blue.

(CInoG devs don't overwork yourselves!)

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Sillybones posted:

My thoughts on reading too. Here you go: it is exactly planetside 2 repairs but it takes 3 hours.

And in the end (or some point near the end) the target overheats and explodes.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Agony Aunt posted:

Causing your character to get burns all over their body and in need of medical evac. Now wait 3 hours for a medical ship to respond, take you on their ship, where they will operate on you taking 6 real world hours, then you will spend a real month in hospital recovering.

There's a silver lining though! You get to work off your huge debt in medical bills by mopping floors for a tycoon Shitizen for minimal day wage. No overtime!

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Tsar Mikey posted:

My dream alien race is [...]
Is Star Citizen the game for me?

You could have followed that sentence with anything and Star Citizen would still be the game for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
This sort of thing is all too familiar to me. Like my personal nightmare.