Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Ashrik posted:

Oh, I think I've bought access to this thing many many years ago. Can I install something and/or play it?

Yeah sure. You need this or this add-on and then go here. Make sure your credit card is at hand. Seriously 725 $? for a JPEG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Scruffpuff posted:

I'll meet you in the middle: I'll read Spectrum posts, but only from B'Tak.

My brain really didn't work well this morning. I read this as rectum posts. I'm going to get myself some coffee.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Quavers posted:

This would be hilarious if CIG try to claim it as a vertical slice :v:

Where's the gameplay Crobear? :trustme:

Dude! It's a slice. It has been cut up.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Agony Aunt posted:

No, you don't understand staggered development.

There will be two dev channels, each of six months. So 2 times twice per year, 4 times.

That's the plan, unfortunately the Dev responsible for updating the community will not be able to do that because....

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Bootcha posted:

So, here's what I understand:

Indeed, movie quality off the shelf Vader costume is about $5k on average, yes. But that's from a pre-made mold and the assumption is you're an average sized dude.

So the question becomes how can you inflate a cosplay costume's price to stupidly high levels of expense?

There are three ways I know of for sure.

1) You hire a professional Hollywood costume shop to make it on rush. Not some independent crafts(wo)man ahead of time. Valuable time, and quality unionized labor. You need something good quickly? That's going to cost money. No no, I don't think you- Oh, you'd like to give us that much money. Okay, sure. Hey boys, we got a moneybags order, let's get it done and then get drunk.

2) Custom tailoring. You are not using any pre-made molds for form-fitting parts. You have to cast and measure the "talent". That requires new work that cost-saving measures of prior prefabs cannot help you with.

3) Revisions. I mean, this is the Roberts we're talking about. The first go-at-it is never accepted.

Now, the question of "Is it Sandi's costume alone, or the collective price tag of all the costumed folks" still has to be answered. There's a vagueness in sources that leaves that portion un-clarified. I'm still researching it.

:cripes:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

monkeytek posted:

How the gently caress does

"The Emod Suppressor barrel attachment can cause a client crash when used."

An attachment cause a client crash?

My guess: unhandled Exception.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Sarsapariller posted:

Okay thread, here's a math problem for you.

There are 5 caves per entire loving planet. They are not sign-posted in any way. They are approximately 10 meters wide. Let's assume that the entire server population, like say 1,000 players, was all simultaneously on a single planet searching for caves. Each of them can search an area that is maybe 500 meters wide, at a speed of ~200mph. The planet is roughly the size of the moon.

What is the probability that they would find even one? What is the probability that CIG didn't even release this feature?

On a planet/moon with a radius of 5,000km => they're 100% probable to find all of them within 1,962.5 hours. Or 1,962,500 man/woman/else/* hours if you want them in total.

A 1 in 100 chance to find one cave within 196 hours. 1 in 1.000 within 20 hours. Or 1,000 player being logged in for the whole time, not counting crashes, refueling (is that even a thing?).

The calculation is not done with proper probability math. Because I just can't be bothered.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Dementropy posted:

Supplemental:

Goons! :argh:

Wait? I can't opt out of these forums? Why did no one tell me, before I paid my :10bux:? :cry:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Rotten Red Rod posted:

What is this hardon for punishing lawbreakers before anyone even knows how pirate/criminal gameplay will be profitable? Yes, sure, it should be hard to be a lawbreaker, but isn't it supposed to be an supported career choice?

Only if you spend 5.000$ on Spaceships jpegs

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

trucutru posted:

Nope, it's just a Billy Mays beard.

His obsession with being anally penetrated with a girl's tentacles is also pretty normal, I say.

Imagine four tentacles on a cliff...

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Hav posted:

I'm going to have to bring this up at the next quorum. with my mom.

Sorry.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Star Citizen - Shame! The Server died.

Isn't it poetic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life