Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Mmmhhhh new car smell for the thread that brought me to SA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Yes thats why so many people play star citizen at the moment.

Oh wait.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Mmmhhhh do I smell some hints at a new SCG Episode...

Oh no Bootcha, I see you flew too close to the sun and embrace the roberts development and hype strategy now.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Reminder that Baior of red has been recruited out of the diminishing amount of people who cared enough to actually play star citizen for a while and still follow the project.

He was recruited what 12 months ago or so? Now he's lead player experience analyst lmao.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Bootcha posted:

Wait, poo poo, wrong series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2dbNx3c7uk

Edit: Cat taxxe paid on last page.

Yeeeeees

:bisonyes:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Tippis posted:

What part of MAGIC germans don't you understand?!
It's MAGIC, ok? :colbert:

Haaaaaans,

Get the Shaderwerfer

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

How is Joe blobers still commenting on every star citizen article on the internet. I mean at some point everyone has to run out of steam for a futile task like that but no he keeps going.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Reactions to the LARPing about the political factions going as expected

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Ben Lesnick, Loremaster

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Q: Will we actually get to vote?

A: Nah not really we wont give away creative control, but please give us your inputs.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Star Colonoscopy: Take the Chipotle Sauce express to Pyro

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Koil posted:

I believe it is. The image is from CIG twitter account: https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1198365795643985921

:gary:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Inacio posted:

i do not love this gif at all
i really dislike it, actually

:argh:

still about 500 pages to go until i catched up. Sadly the recap thread seems to be no more? hoping to find some comedy gold nonetheless

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

tuo posted:

catch up before i buy a renault twizy for shits and giggles, please. because I kinda remember you modding one....

Thoatse posted:

Hey commando, glad to see you're well in these troubling times, welcome back to the tire fire it's dumb as ever

I just skipped through the pages and laughed at the pictures. good stuff

yeah i managed to almost get killed in a twizy during dynamic driving experiments with our university one (that is no joke. we did not consider a flip risk but it turns out 2 fat fingered engineers and equipment change the COM so high it can roll over in evasive maneuvers and we didnt wear helments or neck support).

I am writing my masters thesis right now but i changed from automotive to defence (Thesis is about vehicle protection and warhead/armor interaction - very interresting)

heres some of the stuff i do at the moment

cant believe that i got into star citizen at the beginning of my bachelor studies. I have been one hell of a lazy student and yet, 2 degrees before this poo poo show hits beta.

I moved to my own place, have my own 90 m^2 Workshop too with water, 240V, 400V and soon compressed air and a lift.

will buy my first new car this winter too (very likely Nissan 370z Nismo - unless i cave for a long rear end loan and get a Porsche GT4)

i missed this place but the last year has been crazy with work. had a lot of reading up to do as i transitioned from automotive to defence, hell of a ride. Lifes been good to me though. I have a wonderful partner (she just started her studies) and live in a beautiful place in the Heide with Gigabit internet... and i get paid to blow stuff up occasionally...

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Wow this brings back memories.

Has anyones refund attemp in the last... 20 months?... been successfull? I think i got out just in time in 2016...2017... whenever it was

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

The two black suns on top are just the icing on the cake. Where's evil mermaid to tell us about this symbol of peace.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

IcarusUpHigh posted:

Oh boy it's their worst video yet I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX5lB7OHHdM

reminder that this is how the game played like in december loving 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4exdtKmfZLA&t=69s

there was a time when this was easily the most enjoyable spaceflight and fight experience on the market... half a decade and 200.000.000 Dollars ago. Makes you wonder what the hell happened in the meantime.

Oh right there were actual competent people working on it back then.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 6, 2020

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

TheAgent posted:

pretty much sums up everything about star citizen in a single loving picture

And thus, Prince Parp was conceived

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Thoatse posted:

Deaf ferret is a good boy and gets a surprise

https://i.imgur.com/hZvsvfB.mp4

My GF had three of these rascals and i can smell that gif.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

#ISANDWITHMANDY

The most memorable thing from star citizen tales was when a hundred goons came together on discord and literally watched the wheels come off the rover. Holy poo poo the laughter. Best SC day ever.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I am sorry. But this popped into my head at work.

:five:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

ComfyPants posted:

I find this incredibly sad as every one of these good boys and girls will have crossed over the rainbow bridge before Star Citizen comes out. Tweet after tweet over the years of, "Sadly, we've lost our precious [pet name] after [x] years of faithful service o7 See you in the verse."

Pretty sure the fursuit of the tools programmer in the third tweet will survive.

E: f, b

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Thoatse posted:

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6MnYX6OJvM

Birds start ~4:15 but check out the elephants and giraffes and poo poo too

Birds in flight simulations fill me with anxiety about bird strikes.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Gamer-Dev Bathwater but it's actually just the stuff that comes out of the cursed coffee machine.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Ahhh yes, the pinnacle of space simulations.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

:colbert:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

I have a weird question.

I moved into my own place a couple months ago and for a few days now I have noticed a cat chilling around our garden (shared with a few other houses and accessible from the road but there's also empty stables and buildings around)

At first I thought it's propably the neighbour's cat but whenever I go outside in the evening or night that cat is around and not in any house.

She's very friendly and open to humans, or at least me it seems, and wants to cuddle all the time but she has no collar (dunno if that's a regular thing with house cats). Looks very clean and not super skinny either.

Maybe I'm just misinterpreting the behavior but if she has a home I wonder why she keeps coming to me and sitting outside my door at the middle of the night and almost falls asleep in my arm (or on my head when I squat down to pet her and she jumps on my back like a parrot)

I never really cared for pets but I am wondering if the little rascal has a home or is living outside (winter is coming) and how I best go about the whole thing. Do cats just randomly approach people outside like that when they have their own place somewhere?

I have read that this is how people occasionally become cat owners but it seems a bit surreal to me. I didn't try to let her into the house but I'm pretty sure she would have come in if I didn't close the door behind me.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Ahhh yes I have heard of the ID chips. I'll see about it in the coming days. She's got some hecking claws though (my arms and shoulders are thoroughly marked now - think I'll have some explaining to do to miss CT next time I see her) so I think I'll have to prepare some towels to save my chairs and the like should I take her in.

She didn't do any angry scratches though she just jumped on me got comfortable and started rubbing on my shirt and arms but with, I guess, some claw action? It was cute and I don't really mind it.

I'm generally careful about picking up cats I know many cats don't like that but this one was super chill at that. Could pick her up and hold her in my arms and chest that was when she almost fell asleep (and managed to grab my biceps - ouch)

If it all ends up with me keeping the cat ill propably do the horrible thing of letting the thread decide on a name. I don't mind a couple bux in medical bills for a feline roommate.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 17, 2020

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Alright asking the neighbors first, then the vet stuff if no one knows the cat. It's not like there are many households here, maybe 3 nearby and 5 before the main road.

This is one of the once a farm not a farm anymore kind of complexes that grew into several unconnected households so there are many places and installations where a cat could live without humans and just feed of whatever rodents come across (I have to keep a shovel around to fend off the rats when I go to the garbage storage in the dark) that's why I was worried in the first place she might actually not have a household.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 17, 2020

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Pictures of the Garden Intruder

Next door neigbors are Cat Owners but they havent seen her before either. They will lend me a transport box though if we decide shes been around long enough to see a vet.

I cant keep her inside sadly as miss CT has a hardcore cat allergy but ill make her a nice place in one of the sheds or stables of this former farm for the winter should she stay.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 17, 2020

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Twitter was a mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

I'm just glad we will get more citizen cosplays.

2020 is saved.