Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Wrestling question: what's the worst thing that happened to you when you completely disregarded the WWF's warnings and tried this at home or school. I got banned from a friend's house for giving him a fame asser through an expensive coffee table and breaking his nose.

He gave me a receipt years later when he gave me a dominator on a concrete patio and dropped me right on my head. Turns out those mats on the outside are there for a reason and I was out long enough that parents had to be called. thankfully I must have had a springy neck like rvd because im not currently posting this on one of those computers you operate with your eyes. To this day I think the only people in history who have actually taken the dominator are me and crash holly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The rings of saturn was the go to playground submission move for me. Hurt people for real and easy to apply

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Cavauro posted:

did anyone here ever do wrestling moves when you were a child? tell me about it if so.

No

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Caught up on the Evil Uno/Moxley match. Are there any other examples of someone bleeding so profusely while still keeping a mask on?

Rey Mysterio getting his head squeezed in by the great khali. RIP

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Didn't he always say he turned on raw to see Booker T, the 5 time WCW champion, come out to get asked who in the blue hell he was by the rock and was like 'you know what I think I'll leave it'

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
One thing I always wanted to know and could probably google - has WWE or anybody ever tried to open some sort of pro wrestling museum or a physical hall of fame?

I know they do something like it at the wrestlemania access but WWE strikes me as a company that never throws anything away and surely people would pay to look at like the smackdown fist or Kane's mask in a display case. The amount of money they spend on stupid poo poo and the stuff you already have in storage you'd think it would be a no brainer. If there already is one of these please feel free to call me a clown

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
FCW graduate Han Vadesen

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Kosmo Gallion posted:

What is the highest attendance for a UK wrestling show? Is it SummerSlam 1992? How far from the truth was the 80k number?

Without looking it up there will definitely be some sort of Festival Of Wrestling Pursuits from the 19th century held in the crystal palace that drew half a million people

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Bonk posted:

Sean O'Haire's "devil's advocate" gimmick.

This loving ruled

E: for actual content I do often wonder what would have happened if they had waited until they had had the guys they wanted in order to do the invasion properly. Instead of just going 'wcw and ecw are both dead and we own them and their guys are all complete loving geeks, here's ecw legend Stephanie McMahon' taking 5 minutes to set up a proper invasion with flair, hogan, steiner, goldberg etc, hell even just continue running WCW as a separate brand with a little bit of oversight and get two lots of money. Like millions of people just stopped watching wrestling forever when WCW closed and WWE demonstrated they had no interest in doing anything with most of their guys and they never got them back

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Also want to watch the alternate timeline where John Cena got sacked in 2002

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Along the lines of alternate timelines I guess - other than like fantasy time machine stuff what's the best match that could have happened but we never got to see? I know rock never wrestled hbk because they fell out over something and thats the big one I think of especially atm since I'm working my way through 2002. Any other big omissions that just never happened for whatever reason

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
-start of the match the heel leaves the ring, face chases them, heel jumps back in the ring and stomps the face when they try and get back in. The greatest move of all time

-heels tapping the temple to indicate that they are smarter than their opponent

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Michael Cole was on comms when mankind won his first world title and 'mick foley has realised his dream and the dreams of everyone who's ever been told "you can't do it!"' is a genuine all timer piece of commentary that I assume wasn't fed to him since basically everyone else in the company was in the ring, so on the basis of that he cant be the worst ever imo

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Also cole and tazz are the GOAT smackdown commentary team. cole miners rise up

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Alabama to Toronto to Kansas city in 3 days lmao gently caress that

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Venomous posted:

the most important part of wrestling training is learning how to lug your bags through airports without getting gassed

RIP paul bearer, had to carry undertaker's heavy rear end urn with industrial sized light in it through customs for years

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Small wrestling question I was thinking about the other day: why did WWF/E stick with Mark Henry for so long?

I know he signed a super long deal when he came in and eventually figured it out and got good but he stank the place out for such a long time that I find it weird that they never just decided to cut their losses after the 14th repackaging/send down to learn how to wrestle/put with a manager etc. Like better guys got less time to figure it out and he was hanging around for nearly a decade until he discovered what worked for him

Was there someone backstage who was just like 'mark is my guy and he's going nowhere' or was there a clause where he would have gotten a fat payout if they fired him so they tried to get him to quit and he just didn't. Or was he not getting paid much so just got paid to hang around on the off chance they figured out how to push the worlds strongest man

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Michael buffer getting paid 700 billion dollars per appearance to only announce the main event of nitro and not even get the names right ftw

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

Apart from Roman Reigns for those years in the mid 2010s, what is the hardest the audience has ever turned on a match or a wrestler? Just like crazy booing for something that is supposed to be cheered?

Rock v Brock at summerslam 02(?) where everyone in the building seemed to know rock was disappearing to hollywood as soon as the match finished and were very annoyed about it. An arena full of people cheering the vicious monster who had spent like 6 months personally murdering everyone in the company was very funny

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
If your trainer didn't shoot break your legs on the first day to make sure you respected the business did you even go to wrestling school

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Wrestling question that doesn't deserve it's own thread: What's the earliest documented instance of the "four syllables" *clap clap clapclapclap* chant and what was it

e: in wrestling specifically. Think 'lets go team name' is a very old one in American sports in general isn't it

the sex ghost fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jan 31, 2024

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
More like mike mid

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

edogawa rando posted:

No that's Mike Sanders

Michael cole -level 15-> above average mike sanders -level 32-> mike awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I wonder what happened to the 70s bus. Stuck in a storage unit next to the smackdown fist