Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the Peter David comics with smart Hulk were cool but I haven't seen an Avengers movie since Infinity War so I dunno how they're handling it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i assume he was in Endgame though, right? isn't that where they started doing the whole smart Hulk thing in the movies/tv shows? i remember the memes

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i say swears online posted:

what if it was squee-hulk and it's twee as poo poo

what do you mean what if

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

they made a dang poodle hulk.

that unironically ruled

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

galagazombie posted:

The canon term (in the comics at least) is “Professor Hulk”. Sometimes he also hulks out into “Joe Fixit” where he’s Grey colored and becomes a rude Mafia enforcer of middling intelligence.

that poo poo also ruled

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i coulda done without hulk hands kid

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i spent a few hours this summer re/watching reaction videos to the story of adidon just reminiscing on that saga, that was such a fun week when it came out god bless pusha t

it rules that drake has been reduced to beefing with youtubers because the last time he had a real beef he just got annihilated

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

loquacius posted:

The prolonged sex scene in Watchmen did move the narrative forward, actually; it illustrated that getting to be a hero again restored Dreiberg's shattered confidence

it's actually there to illustrate that wearing the superhero costumes is a fetish and the only way he can get hard

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

"story" is like the least interesting thing in any given movie. stories are to tell babies at bedtime. i watch movies to see cool stuff happen.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

if your favorite part of Knives Out was the incredibly hamfisted attempts at social commentary you are going to LOVE Glass Onion

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

oscarthewilde posted:

is it at least a good whodunnit? i don't care for rian johnsons unabashed hilaryism, but knives out was an enjoyable watch.

not really. the whodunnit part doesn't even kick in until like an hour into the movie.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

indigi posted:

oh yeah I guess no animation made the list either. that list stinks

they're releasing the children's list next week

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Femur posted:

Is Grand Budapest that good?

no

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

He literally went to the bottom of the ocean

he should’ve stayed there

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

also KIMI owns, such a fun movie, props to manohla for the placement

i still think NOPE kinda sucked tho

agreed on both

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Nope didn't like suck suck but it's without a doubt Peele's worst movie. Steven Yuen was good in it.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I enjoyed Us well enough at the time but have had zero desire to rewatch it. Get Out kinda feels like the only one of his movies that really holds up to any kind of scrutiny.

anyway if your best of 2022 list doesn't include Mad God i have no respect for your opinion.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Man, I tried but it was hella boring

man one of the first things you see is a bunch of giants strapped to electric chairs that funnel all of their piss and poo poo into the mouth of a bigger giant, what does it take to not bore you exactly

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

a story? like parents read to babies at bedtime? you want the movie to tuck you in too?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Antiviral was just okay but Possessor whipped rear end

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Knight posted:

Here's a list of the best movies of the year that everyone can agree on

Everyone can feel comforted that they recognize these movies without risking alienation and stoking insecurities

I only saw 3 of these, one which I would say was actually good, and have no plans to see the others

of these I have seen: Dr. Strange (sucked), The Batman (sucked), and Sonic 2 (i was benzo'd out on a plane and actually really enjoyed it)

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

McCloud posted:

It also had a big "Not All Cops" thing going on which was extremely dumb

the new Batman movie sucked rear end but i can't even picture a batman movie not having this, Commissioner Gordon is "Not All Cops: the character"

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

McCloud posted:

Nolan and Snyder managed :colbert:

lol Nolan absolutely did not, his last one ended with a triumphant Army of Cops saving the day

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

McCloud posted:

I was thinking of Gordon lol, oops. To be fair though, it was an army of cops after they'd gone through their own proverbial lazarus dunk, reborn into something better, cleansed of their corruption and sins

right, that's called Police ReformTM

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I think you could probably make a case for The Dark Knight as the most anti-Cop Batman movie, but I'd have to watch it again to really thread it all together. But the Cops never actually HELP in that movie, usually they make things worse by either playing directly into The Joker's plans OR by refusing to let Batman help

e: this isn't to say that The Dark Knight isn't ultimately a reactionary movie, which all Batman movies are

Nolan's movies go heaviest on depicting police corruption, but they all lean super heavy on the "it's just a few bad apples!" thing.

but The Dark Knight also features the most cops being murdered of any Batman movie so who's to say if it's good or bad

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

McCloud posted:

I mean, that's about the most radical you'll get with Nolan, he strikes me as a Blairite or center right kind of person, but I'll take that over "just a few bad apples"

it's the same thing

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/bobo_circus/status/1494333326097739779?s=46&t=0tSYcgahmFSL5Oe6n-ydCQ

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

keep Scorsese, nuke the rest

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i have some bad news for you

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Flanagan has done good work with Doctor Sleep and Gerald's Game so I will let myself hope

I haven’t seen either. Oculus was okay. I heard Gerald’s Game was decent. Doctor Sleep looked like the worst poo poo ever.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

can someone please help me set up a movie list for the family holidays

- movie cannot be "woke"
- no more than 10 "f-bombs"
- movie cannot be "too pagan" (sorry Northman)
- movie is allowed to be made by a black person or woman, but not if they are annoying
- nudity is fine, but no sex with parts! pure and honorable marital sex is a plus
- no movie older than ten years unless it still has "good graphics"
- unambiguous morality is a plus (i.e. good vs. evil); the bad guys cannot be the U.S. military

thank you and god bless

Mad God

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i'd rather the goods be graphic

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Laterite posted:

miracle mile (1988) is on tubi and i highly recommend it

Incredible movie

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

is White Lotus actually good or is it just one of those prestige shows people pretend is good because they need a show to watch

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i'll give the first episode of season 1 a shot because i like things set in hawaii, hell i just watched 50 First Dates for that reason.

i swear if this is another lovely tv show tho

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

White Lotus is some of the most effective horror television I've ever seen

have you seen Tales From the Crypt?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

it's such loving bullshit that it's not on HBO. that show made HBO!

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i loving love that a season 2 episode of Tales from the Crypt was Arnold Schwarzenegger's directorial debut

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

for years people have been telling me American Dad is good and every time they show me an episode to try and convince me it’s the worst poo poo ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Nichael posted:

If they are taking Westworld off HBO Max for the write off, there's zero chance they're putting the Tales from the Crypt on.

who gives a poo poo about Westworld? apart from Chris Nolan's failbrother