Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Is there actually a VP debate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Do you not remember Biden absolutely owning Paul Ryan? It was the last thing he did before sliding into the oblivion of dementia

No, I’m Canadian and was making a point back then to avoid learning more about US politics than my own.

Now I have realized we’re always 4-8 years behind you and our “hope and change” attractive do nothing PM has won his second term and I want to learn how to beat the right-wing populists who will take over in 4 years time.

It has been really difficult not being legally allowed to donate to the Bernie campaign.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

This isn’t the end, Bernie has shrugged off worse mud slinging in the past and Sanders needs some of Lizzo’s gang to get over the top so now is the time to prove that Bernie supporters are above all that.

Take a deep breath, we good.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

What we need is one last debate where all the candidates are asked “In one word, do you support circumcision?”

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

For what it’s worth my entire lunch room of pretty centrist Elizabeth/Biden/Butterbar supporters who all felt it was a hit job and no longer think Warren is worth supporting and felt sympathetic towards Bernie. They all get their info from TV/Radio.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

2nd Rate Poster posted:

My father in law died from complications due to Alzheimer's/dementia last year, and that Biden video gave me flashbacks to some of his outbursts.

The lack of emotional control, the way he walks, speaks, and moves all scream dementia.

Yeah, I was coming to also post that everything in his facial patterns, his loss of focus when confronting the guy and the excessive repetition of one word, with the attempt to play it off as being normal right after, remind me exactly of my grandma who has both Alzheimer’s and dementia.

Dude should not be trotting around the country in front of cameras trying to become president. He should be sitting on a park bench somewhere feeding pigeons bread.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Rogan can’t think further ahead than his next bong chop. Please stop putting too much thought into this.

Also, real working class organizing involves working with people who don’t talk the way you do, or believe all the things you do. But you use your common interests to get things done that will improve both of your lives.

People who have done organizing get that. People who are online poli-jockeys don’t.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

This whole Warren sexism thing and the solid week of Sanders bashing in the mainstream press only helps him in my opinion.

The real leftists already laugh at Sanders, the Obama-Trump voters probably like the under dog.

Clinton Twitter fools don’t realize that real politics don’t happen online and that they are not the electorate.

Bernie’s gonna win.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Did Bloomberg eliminate the possibility of running 3rd party? Anyone else look interested in doing it?

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Is there a real reason why Americans can’t do normal length election cycles? I think national sanity would improve tenfold if this poo poo only took a couple of months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Because a lot of very influential people make a lot of money doing it this way, and they spend some of that money to make sure we keep doing it this way.

This is what I figured. But did the media and consultants start this process by advising campaigns start earlier, or so party rules make it necessary to being earlier? Chicken or egg?

In a max 50 day campaign, I felt like I was drowning in political adds. I can’t imagine how annoying it must be to be an Iowan.