Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

WHATS THIS!?! TRION is dead? (FINALLY), German-based company GAMINGO has purchased Trion Worlds, with BIG plans for ArcheAge, their current plan is to Re-Re-Re-RE (more Re??)Releasing ArcheAge, this time though not as a "Fresh start-server", but in their words, as something never done or seen before. This iteration of "ArcheAge: Unchained" will be something not seen or done before in the ArcheAge History, the BIGGEST and most exciting news... *drum roll please!!* NO Pay to Win, No WALLET WARRIORS! NO Cash Grab bullsh@#! GIMINGO Has announced its intentions to make ArcheAge: Unchained, a single buy game, buy it once and you're done! No "Premium status" Or subscription services required!

Directly from the ArcheAge forums:

Words Words Words, Thank god for Youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kjyKs3ZvwQ
✔ Timestamps:
00:34 Release date
00:58 Founder's packs
1:48 Early access
2:16 What version of Archeage is it
3:10 ArchePasses
6:42 Stance on p2w
7:20 Trading
8:55 Steam release
9:04 Crime points
10:17 Housing
12:42 Land lock
13:28 Marketplace
15:48 Rng boxes
16:20 Separation from legacy servers
16:55 The amount of Unchained servers per region
17:34 Farming on other region
18:06 Hiram gear
18:40 Auto loot pet
18:57 Are marketplace items bound
19:37 South America server
20:09 64-bit client
20:25 Alts
22:33 Can you have more alts if you play with your family
23:42 More streams about Unchained
24:32 KR labor system

So after ALL of that, you're probably asking yourself, Why am I still playing WoW Classic and WTF is ArcheAge?!?!

LINK To a better written, more enlightening, less lovely post on a slightly dead thread about original ArcheAge that does a far superior job of telling WHAT ArcheAge is, Props to OP "I Said Come In" For a far superior posting ability, and better explanation of what this amazing game is!

Still much more to come, and so much more to talk about relating to this, but seeing I haven't seen an official forums post regards to Unchained, I wanted to start the discussion in hopes of forming a group, Game goes LIVE (again) Sept. 30th 2019, so are we going East or West?! Anyone else as excited as I am about this?!

Thanks for Reading my lovely post, first time so be gentle(ish)

UPDATE 09/19/2019

Alright getting some interest, which I am excited to see! Id like to keep that momentum going so in order to do so I have come up with some simple/small goals I would like to progress towards over the span of the next week, as we close in on the release of Unchained.

What I am looking for:
  1. DISCORD (perhaps contact Lowtax see if we cannot emulate the current Discord layout/format being used on the Wow Classic Discord??)
  2. Guild Name? I am taking suggestions, though why break the mold? GoonSquad
  3. Nation, East Or West? I am slightly West Biased, but would like a group concensis
  4. People interested in being a guild officer/director/manager/Tsar/DICKtator etc..
  5. Guides for PVE Content, including questing guides, gold making guides etc
  6. Recommended build guides /class guides and discussion.

UPDATE 09/23/2019
Little late getting this update out, but they pushed back the launch date originally set for the end of this month, now Unchained is set to launch, 10/15/19 which gives ample time to prep, as well as allow most of you to finish your rehab for WoW Classic before falling off the wagon again with AAU.

UPDATE 09/27/2019

We are still working towards making a decision here, WEST or EAST. I am going to be putting a poll up to decide. Additionally, the guild name, do we want it to scream GOON or do we want something different!? Group decision time..
Special thanks for SA Special Citizen and Raioner For setting up a channel on the SA Discord Found HERE

Deciding on what faction to play on, so please hit up the survey monkey with your preference in faction located Survey Monkey Here

Omarmarious fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

Raioner posted:

I'm in, I missed the boat on the first archeage goon adventure. From what I've heard it's a fun game that got ruined by pedos wanting to have sex with a packed fish, I'm fuzzy on the details.

We should probably make a discord for it or have someone add a channel to the sa discord.

Sounds good to me

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

The Spookmaster posted:

How's the PVP in this? Final Fantasy is scratching my PVE fix but the PVP is lacking to say the least

hands down the BEST PVP in a MMO that I have played in a long time. I also love the class progressions in this game!

Some PVP highlights!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07ZfYvRwdoc

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Could someone maybe make an updated OP/steal the OP from the old thread so I can remember exactly what this game is like?

Working on doing that now

Updated For your viewing Pleasure, in the current thread I linked back to an old thread that did a great job explaining this game. LINK HERE

Thank you for suggesting that! Had overlooked including that

Omarmarious fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Sep 20, 2019

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012
Came across this earlier while in a youtube rut, thought id share, anyone else follow Panada?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8yxt8tGlHg

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

Vilgefartz posted:

I dont mind the pushback my bandwidth will be uncapped by then. Guessing the client is about 30-40 gb. Hopefully no bigger!

I feel ya there, same I really was excited for the end of the month, but would rather they take their time to release a better product. Additionally, the delay allows more time to elapse and the nostalgia and excitement of WoW classic will start to fade hopefully by then.

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

eonwe posted:

I guess I can drop $25 on this poo poo, and worst case I'll just grief people, best case they fixed the game

Welcome aboard this shittler train good sir!

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012
Anyone with experience in this interested in helping organized/setup the guild? Looking for those with PVP experience in Arche Age, Farming/Trade pack exp, Fishing Armada, as well as all the other forms of good gold profiting. Also for dungeons, and large raid experience.

Presently working on getting discord setup, and working with SA to get a channel/link on the SA discord. Additionally, still haven't established if we are going west or east? I personally would prefer West but open to a group decision prior to launch. Anyone interested in helping, hit me up here or jump on my discord, note this is a temp. discord until the official guild one is setup.

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012
Anyone else need any more reason to get hyped!? Check out this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yD_R-bQV2w

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

succ posted:

can someone explain pvp in this game? there are castles, are there alliances? how large is the combat? are there rewards for pvp?

this is a real down an dirty quick video of the PVP.. There are some others as well but this will give you a quick overview of the PVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gym5FP3SDSc

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

Christopher posted:

I played this game quite a bit (though not with goons my first time around) and had a blast without ever really coming across much drama/hacking. Most of the people making GBS threads up the thread with complaints have red letter profiles so we kinda get the idea this is a habit of theirs but I know for people who are into the really deep parts of the game were often bothered by this poo poo. I, myself, played a lot but most of what I did (trade runs, occasional sea battles, sailing for no reason, non-siege/castle pvp stuff, farming, crafting, and pve) and it was overall an awesome experience. I quit because of p2w and stupid rng. Hopefully the lack of p2w will mitigate the other stuff. I don't know much about any rng changes. Also, why has anyone mentioned the graphics update?!

The review you posted said it best, the graphics remind me slightly of BDO-ish. I was always impressed with the graphics of the game previously, now they look even better!

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

Velveteen posted:

They are both automatically aggressive against each other, aren't they? So, If you play on east and goons go west you can't play together.

until we all become pirates then it doesn't matter because you become hostile to both west and east...

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

DancingShade posted:

All the housing spots will be gone in an hour or two tops after the servers go live.

If you think I'm joking I can assure you that's how it went during the original launch.

they have stated they are going to delay land ownership for the 1st week, allowing more people the time needed. The plus side is the cash op will not allow people to buy multiple tax certs to afford more than the set amount of what 2 or 3 properties per character account. I am a little more optimistic that this go-around won't be a total land grab gone in 1 hr kind of event, it will be super popular and a sought after item for sure! I just don't think it will be as bad as previous launches.. my 2 cents of course.

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

Vilgefartz posted:

All this grinding and land grabbing sounds loving awful for non-poopsockers. Can this game be enjoyed by casuals? As in stayimg semi-relevant in pvp/money-making ?

absolutely can, with the removal of the P2W shop, though there will be a grind and obvious advantage for the basement-dwelling poop-socking no lives, there will also be plenty of fun and things to be enjoyed for those of us that ended our lives to soon by commenting to relationships, having kids, and being awful working professionals

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012
NOW VOTING!

Survey/Poll up deciding on what faction we wish to play on, this poll will run right up to the 14th. Please do your part and vote on what faction you would prefer to play on. Thank you!

Survey Monkey Here

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012
Also,

Saw this kick-rear end video that really gives a good snapshot of AA, love the commentator, very infectious energy towards the game. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8yxt8tGlHg

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

beat me to posting these! Did you catch the stream live?

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012
pretty sure Maple Story Online.. right?? right??

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

Schubalts posted:

People hack and bot in buy-to-play, subscription-required games.

True but boting and hacking in-game to make in-game currency to pay for their subscription of what 15$ Whereas that will not have application in a 1 time buy, as they would have to front the 25$ to get the account, and gain no fiscal/tangible advantages to botting/hacking. By removing ties to real-world monetary value, RMT becomes null in void less the gold farmers that will undoubtedly be in-game.

Hacking/Botting will take place, as it does in every game that has ever come out, I believe though that accepting that, and at least looking in a positive light that the developers are taking a stance and make a move towards trying to control and mitigate it. It is foolish to think that it can be stopped/solved entirely from any game. As long as they continue to take steps towards controlling and curbing it, that as a consumer is what is important to me, not having unrealistic expectations of the developer and their capabilities.

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012
I LOVE the old guild crest, does anyone still have that? I like the guild name, more money than sense!

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

kloa posted:

the Discord invite in the OP is expired fyi

will update again hang tight

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

Raioner posted:

We've been talking on the discord all morning and its looking like we are going to end up going to tyrenos/west and we have a spot picked out for houses with a fallback if the first fails.

Here is a launch guide of unchained stuff.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q6epZcJ9nJMrteAAldJBc_ycNze59SRTojPb_qOBJd8/edit

thank you for posting! The Discord has been updated as well. In case anyone missed up to this point, here is the updated link to the SA discord being used. HERE

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

SoldadoDeTone posted:

Hello, goons. I am considering pre-ordering the relaunch having not played the original. How is exploration in this game? If I go running around the map will I find anything interesting other than More Trees and Impassable Mountains?

youtube is your friend... however, there are some GREAT hype videos like this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8yxt8tGlHg&t=1372s

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

eonwe posted:

well

im a dipshit and i picked this up

Welcome aboard dipshit

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

Velveteen posted:

We should end the polls tonight since character reservation is tomorrow. The issue now is there seems to be some goons that only want to play west or on east and want to roll separately if we pick the side they don't want to play on. Also since we figured out a place for goons to set up their houses on west already, if we go east we'll need to find a new place.

Agreed! I'll be posting the final count of the poll. I apologize, I had planned to keep the poll up longer, forgot to take into consideration the reservation of names.

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012
WEST IT IS!

I would like to go ahead and thank the individual who posted 4 separate responses from the same IP for EAST, I admire your dedication and love for the EAST!

For those of you whom wish to go EAST, and have no desire to come west, please let us know, having allies across the sea can prove to be beneficial, as well, I would like to see that those who wish to play on the east form a group for other SA members also not interested in rolling with the main body on WEST.

So we will be going WEST, we have been scouting out some areas for housing, a guide will follow shortly with recommended housing areas, as well as starting to form groups/families to the specific interest of guild members, IE Fishing, Farming/Trade, PVP etc etc. Please if you have not already done so, get on the Discord, even if you do not have a mic, jump in and join the conversation! we are doing a TON of discussion in the Archeage Discussion channel, and we have some open VOIP channels to talk back an forth on and get to know your future guild members, so please come and join the fun! Additionally, anyone with interest in helping the guild grow as far as direction goes, or has a wealth of knowledge of in-game mechanics, please let us know, looking to get more people interested in being active/involved in progressing and organizing this hurd of cats.

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

DancingShade posted:

I'm curious to hear a post action report of how many of you manage to snatch land and where after that 5 day buildup.

You and me both, if the PST was a testament to how many people we should expect to see during launch week, the Ques are going to suck! However, looking to the positive, that means that a thriving community is eager to play this once great game, which excites me even more!

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012
Came across this video today, GREAT guide for those of you who like to binge-watch Youtube Guides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke6bnV-6ODU

Great conversation here thus far, I am digging the insights, and also enjoying the PTS when I can get in. Really excited for the launch, hope that they have worked out some of the bugs during this PTS sessions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

Christopher posted:

So we chose Wynn to avoid login queues for landlock. Now we've learned the entire earth switched to Wynn last minute. Should we pull an audible and go Tyrenos or compete with the universe for housing?

I rolled my character on Tyr, ill pass on 2 day Q's just to log in