Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Cougs QB threw 9 TDs and still lost. :stare:

Edit:

LLCoolJD fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

I know it's scary to have big defenders running you down, but it boggles the mind that an FBS quarterback would run backwards as far as he did. I would hope he wouldn't have done that had it not been the very end of the game on a desperation play.

D.N. Nation posted:

Yeah, I'm the guy who thought Pruitt was an excellent hire. Thought he had a hardass will to win and to change things up that would wash the Butch softness out of the program. Nevermind.

This sums up how I felt about the hire. I thought he would instill a toughness, as corny as that sounds, in the team. I thought he would recruit well. I thought he would field a suffocating defense. I was wrong.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I'm going to go against this cabal of G5 homies and say gently caress UCF and their candy rear end schedule. They lost to Pitt. This isn't giant-slayer UCF anymore.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I mean, this may be true but they're also the best team in the Florida - weak schedule or not.

They're allowed to have rebuilding years like any other program.

Oh, they've been a very solid team, but in my Gators' defense they did beat LSU last year, unlike UCF.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

colachute posted:

The Gators somehow fall into wins they don’t deserve ever year. It’s how we accidentally stay competitive in the SECE usually.

LSU, Auburn, and Georgia will almost certainly be conference losses. I don't see a path to the SEC CG. Even if the run game were strong, which it isn't. I just hope for a solid 9-3, decent bowl game, and a recruiting bump.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

So who's excited to watch Georgia play Tennessee in 11 days

If Georgia wins by fewer than 31 points, then the Gators are better by proxy.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

mactheknife posted:

said it before and i'll say it again - LSU has a long tradition of being genuinely terrible at keeping their players hydrated

They're still going to whoop the Gators, Gatorade be damned.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Sab0921 posted:

Clemson making the leap to being the only program that could rival Alabama will always be a mystery to me. At first I thought it was a one-off thing because Watson was so good - but...apparently not.

Spurrier held them at bay for a while, but my God have they done wonders at retaining coaches. Also, great facilities, in-state talent, and fan support. It's like Auburn North without Nick Saban competing with you in-state.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Ehud posted:

Brent Venables reminds me of Reverend Kane from Poltergeist 2

I'm not familiar with that movie, but the resemblance is uncanny.

Sab0921 posted:

If you're saying I have to set my thermostat to 78 or the earth will burn....well let it loving burn baby.

Solar/wind/renewable energy? Sure.
Reduced carbon emissions and increased recycling? Check.
Nationwide rail? gently caress yeah.
Turn up the thermostat at night? gently caress this leftist bullshit.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Seaniqua posted:

I'm still waiting for more details on these Ann Arbor Sandwiches

https://www.zingermansdeli.com/menus/

They look good, but expensive.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Ohio State are 18 point favorites over Nebraska, but I feel it could easily turn into something like 48-14. Still, I am really interested in the game as a test of where these programs really stand.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I can't wait for the games to return so that we can move on from Iowa Twitter drama.

Meyer to USC is going to be hilarious. Maybe he holds out two years instead of one this time. But the big bucks and glory are going to be hard to turn down. Plus surely he could be the first guy to win a natty at three different schools?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

https://www.reddit.com/r/iamverybadass

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Seaniqua posted:

One of Wheez’s sisters got back to me on Facebook and gave me the A-OK for my gameday homage. Going out to buy supplies now, I'll update here when I'm done!

Go cougs

You're doing the Lord's work, although I get the impression that Wheez was more of a Flying Spaghetti Monster kind of guy.

And I, too, would like to visit Utah at some point.

Sab0921 posted:

Wait, what?

First OOC game played in a non-neutral site outside of Florida.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Randaconda posted:

FSU is a true road game when they play away. :confused:

Some people think playing on the road in Tallahassee or in Miami doesn't count because it's still in the state of Florida.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

General Dog posted:

Going on a date with another Aggie to watch the game at a sports bar. Is it appropriate for me to initiate horn sawing, or should I wait to see if she does?

You should at least ask her for consent first.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Randaconda posted:

how is UF/FSU/Miami at fault for having P5 opponents in-state?

They're not. I personally think it's a bullshit argument but some people complain about it. While I would enjoy Florida playing at Washington or at Texas, I don't see how playing at Doak-Campbell or Hard Rock stadium is anything other than a hostile OOC road game.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Rick posted:

The insulting thing is that these SEC/Pac-12 crossovers imply that Arizona is the Ole Miss of the SEC which is just loving rude.

What's the Arizona equivalent of the seersucker suit? A bolo tie and boots?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I don't know who Virginia Tech would hire. Bryan Harsin looks promising, but he is from Boise and played at Boise. It might be too much to ask him to move to Blacksburg. WVU and Louisville both poached the promising up-and-comers last off-season.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899733

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I don't gamble on sports, but these early lines seem generous to Tennessee and Florida.

Georgia -22
Auburn -3