Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I bring you a single play from Mizzou/South Carolina, and note that this pile of random words does not at all connote how stupid things were:

quote:

(8:31 - 1st) Ryan Hilinski pass complete to Ryan Hilinski for a loss of 9 yards for a TD Ryan Hilinski fumbled, recovered by Misso Cale Garrett for a TD, (Tucker McCann KICK)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LLCoolJD posted:

I know it's scary to have big defenders running you down, but it boggles the mind that an FBS quarterback would run backwards as far as he did. I would hope he wouldn't have done that had it not been the very end of the game on a desperation play.

Not that this excuses anything exactly but I'd imagine his thought process was something like "well if we don't convert the game is over" and then a moment to moment "well the play isn't over yet!" right up to the end.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

colachute posted:

Wasn’t he on coke? What do you expect?

Name whatever drug you want to and odds are the answer was yes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Holy poo poo I thought this was going to be a joke about some play you remembered where he got blown up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LLCoolJD posted:

I'm going to go against this cabal of G5 homies and say gently caress UCF and their candy rear end schedule. They lost to Pitt. This isn't giant-slayer UCF anymore.

Gonna say it again, losing to Pitt is the single greatest thing UCF has done to establish themselves as a program that has national championship aspirations.

This is what Pitt does.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Watching this live I was like 'oh that is developing so slowly, no way it's going to....oh of course it's going to work.'

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

Depends on how many wins a year we’re talking about

After all we know your price is around 9 or 10.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Seaniqua posted:

So my plan is to head to Lincoln tomorrow morning to try to get a sign on gameday. I have an idea for a wheeztheroux sign but I'd really like to run it by a member of his family. Has anyone here interacted with them? Is this the kind of thing they'd rather not happen? I found a couple of them on facebook and sent them messages but I don't want to invade the privacy of people I don't know who lost someone close to them. I know he'd think it was funny.

SisTheRoux posted here for a bit after things happened, she's why we have the cookbook and all. I don't know how to get in contact with her though, you've probably gotten farther than I would have.

a: We | | nt
Ba| |a sign seems like the best thing to bring if you want people who know to appreciate it. Insert your own pole if you can.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Sep 27, 2019

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Seaniqua posted:

One of Wheez’s sisters got back to me on Facebook and gave me the A-OK for my gameday homage. Going out to buy supplies now, I'll update here when I'm done!

Go cougs

Awesome, good luck.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Someone make a gdt thread i dont know how on my phone. #32 is my cousin!

Someone did yesterday:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899733

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Raku posted:

I would be very nervous about hiring ucf coaches

Because of Florida recruiting or because of Frost? Or just because you think UCF are frauds or something?

Heupel seems like a decent bet, his offense is all screens and bombs but you can probably recruit a quarterback wherever to run it as long as they have a strongish arm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shyduck posted:

This seems like a big deal

I dunno, we need to wait for Mark Emmert's typically brilliant response first.