Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I mean... is finishing the game at least once and writing impressions based on that too hard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Do you get any reactions to running around without any clothes on?

Are different cop archetypes mutually exclusive? i.e, can you be both a superstar cop and a hobocop?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Someone mentioned a specific thought that rewards you with xp and $ for encyclopedia checks? Where can I get it?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I've had a problem with taking screenshots on steam for a while, but this is the first time I'm really annoyed by it.

Is there anything in steam / the game settings that stops the game from taking screenshots when I press F11 (or whatever that is).

Hogama posted:

Can't get it before Day 3. You need to cross the water lock and find a guy and a child standing by a mural, and talk to him about nerdy stuff. You're trying to get Wompty-Dompty Dom Centre.
Aww.

And the game is only 5 days long?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

For some reason, talking to the old woman lorry driver near 2 o'clock stopped time from advancing, so now I apparently have forever to explore the city? Or maybe time is still counting in the background, and I'm just not seeing it?

Knocked Measurehead out, went into the office - the union head isn't there, you can't actually leave without talking to him, and time doesn't advance. Good thing I had another save.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

How exactly do I learn that I can pick up "tare"? I got the frittte bag, I've inspected the tare machine, talked to the sales girl... but haven't been able to pick up any bottles anywhere, despite being a hobocop.

Edit - Ah, you have to equip the bag first?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Now that time has frozen, I'm just re-exploring every dialog option to exhaustion. Finally got the insufferable centrist and fascist options.

*Fascism* sounds so bad though. What if we called it something else? Like, uhm, *traditionalism*?

Also, where do I get a map? I thought digging the ledger out of the trash mentioned the map, but I still can't actually use it.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 19, 2019

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Time never advances in the background. It only advances during dialogue. (And also apparently it stop advancing for good each night at 2 AM.)
Huh. That has to be like a bug, right? What's even the point of a daily cycle if you can just do all the tedious exploring at the end of the day with no repercussions?

Serious question though, where do you get a map of the city?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

Because there’s very little you can do at that time anyway
Pawn shop, yacht girl, ledger, Cuno. That's enough to waste most of the day otherwise.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 19, 2019

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The game left me unable to save after internalizing my 12th thought. Thankfully, a reload fixed the issue.

Is there a guide to all the thoughts - how to acquire them, what are their effects? Should I write one?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Trying to figure out how to get the following thoughts:

Arno Van Eyck, Boiadeiro, Cleaning out the Rooms, Finger on the Eject button, Hardcore Aesthetic, Magnesium-Based Lifeform, Overproductive Honour Glands, The Bow Collector, The Jamrock Shuffle, Torque Dork.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

What, exactly, gives you honor points?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Still need need to figure out how to get the following thoughts: Jamrock Shuffle (Kim already mentioned this involves opening containers?), Hardcore Aesthetic, and Torque Head (nerding out about cars - encyclopedia check with lorry drivers?)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Version 0.1 of the thought cabinet guide:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1894736429

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Meet her husband first.
Nope, all you need is a Suggestion check so that Kim allows it. We're talking about the sound frequency phasmid.

Synthbuttrange posted:

You can also get apricot gum scented one's second trigger from gum wrappers in the jeans, triggered by putting it on.
True. Remind me, where do you get the laborer jeans? I want to say... the apartment building?

Also, where do you find the sad tape?

Edit - Oh hey, interviewing Klaasje on my own, Kim suddenly notes her remarks about the window being new.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Oct 21, 2019

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Ok, am I missing something about Wompty-Dompty Dom Centre, or does the game have a very specific definition of "Encyclopedia Passives" that don't include most Encyclopedia interjections?

Edit - Argh, that Titus interrogation was so freaking good.

Editx2 - JFC, bunch of content stealing machines around here.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Oct 21, 2019

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Mr. Sharps posted:

passives are when you get a colorful CONTINUE -> button during a conversation with the color being in relation to what skill will be used. those are passive checks as opposed to the white or red active checks where you actively choose to try them. i have pretty high encyclopedia brains right now but i still dont get a whole lot of passive checks with it compared to other skills like say pain threshold, some skills are definitely more useful than others in that regard

Broken Cog posted:

Enyclopedia seems a bit front loaded, you will get a lot of checks when you've first woken up and are relearning a bunch of stuff about the world. Later on it doesn't show up as much.
I'm getting plenty - no xp, no $$$.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Ok, what's a trainer that actually works and isn't full of malaware? I want my skill points back :/

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

That is 100% way too complicated for me to ever figure out.

And yeah, the official cheat engine program tried to install mcafee or somesuch, a chrome extension, and some other thing.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Andrast posted:

It's not very complicated.

You launch the game, launch cheatengine with the table (which is in the link) and find the exe for the game. Then you just activate the table and do what you want. Takes like 1 minute.
Sorry, still beyond me. I've downloaded Disco Elysium.ct and installed cheatengine. Launched Disco Elysium. Hit Disco Elysium.ct to launch cheatengine.

Select a process to open - Disco Elysium, the game, I guess?

Ok - "keep the current address / code list?" - yes?

Ok, now I'm staring at the cheat engine menu, with seemingly no changes.

"Open a cheat code or unprotected certainer" - Disco Elysium.ct - doesn't actually do anything.

How do I "activate the table" and change things?

I managed to activate the table, and I'm still not sure how you actually change your skillpoints / $$$?

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 21, 2019

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Andrast posted:

To actually do something you just change a value (and activate that part of the table at the same time).
How? Right clicking, left clicking, trying to mark the little square with an x (which doesn't seem to work)?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Ok, cheat engine doesn't seem to do anything besides crashing my game.

Any other trainers that work / aren't filled with malaware?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Internalizing thoughts doesn't actually open new dialog options, right? You can spout off fascist / communist / etc opinions just by having the thought available but not internalized?

Political ideology clothes (hustler shoes, moralist pants) - do they actually improve the benefits of an internalized thought when equipped? Do they provide said effects as a substitute for the internalized thought? (i.e, - you equip the hustler shoes and get +1 to Indirect Taxation. Does that mean that you get the benefits of having internalized IT, even if you haven't?)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Nothingtoseehere posted:

You don't need to mess with cheat engine or anything to break the game, old fashioned save editing does the trick. The saves are in Appdata/Locallow under the studios name, saved as zip files. Open one up, take the .JSON file out, edit in notepad++ (skill points/stats is about line 1000), put JSON back in zip, and load save. Tada, one OP character.
Oh? What's the line called exactly? And the one for $$$?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

regulargonzalez posted:

The thing about this game, though, is that it's actually meant to be played where you fail some checks and it's a superior experience that way - tons of funny, important, and even more valuable info and gameplay is behind failed checks. I started an OP char and it's interesting to see some of the things that were hidden behind failed passive checks but it's clearly not how it's intended to be played and, as far as I'm concerned, a flat-out inferior experience. 1111 might be more fun than 9999
Yo, could you link a download to a day 1 hour 1 save game for a 9999 character? I'm rather interested in how that plays out.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

regulargonzalez posted:

https://anonymousfiles.io/XYmrXH4p/

Two files in a .zip. One of the zipped files is itself a zip but don't unzip that one, just extract both the blahblah.ntwtf.zip and the blahblah.png to the Disco Elysium Savegames folder, which should be in Users/yourname/AppData/LocalLow/ZAUM Studio/Disco Elysium/SaveGames
Thanks.

How exactly do I start tracking the shooter's position?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Is there anything further I can do here, or do I just need to bum around for XP until I can use a skill point to reopen one of the white checks?
1. How did you reconstruct the crime scene (where was the prompt)?

2. Yeah, pretty much any white check you can unlock will unravel the others. I would try for the perception check, it helps with the rest.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I hope "bad cop" points don't actually mean anything - because they started at 0 after I picked up the ledger, even though I've done all kinds of terrible poo poo, including trying to shoot Cunoesse.

Right now they're positive, even though I tried to be as much of an rear end in a top hat as possible, just because I moved the story along and solved some things.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Two questions:

1. How do you get Firewalker or some variation thereof to stick as your name? I started with a successful conceptualization check with Kim, talked to Garte on the subject, used Firewalker while calling the HQ and lazareth, never accepted Harry as my name... and that's it, the options are HDB or nothing.

2. Where exactly on the boardwalk can you find the bullet traces? I ran back and forth across the whole thing like a dozen times.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Oct 25, 2019

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Jose posted:

is there a cheaper way to pass time than buy a book?
Sit on a bench. Or read the case files in your ledger.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

"Please don't get him in a loop" is just the right amount of hilariously meta.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Is there any benefit whatsoever to forcing Idiot Doom Spiral to take his jacket back?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's 15 xp total either way.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Does anything actually happen if you keep wasting days? I'm currently on day 8, and basically nothing changed. Wandering if it's worth experimenting further.

Edit - wait. Nope, it's still day 7. Odd.

Also, I can no longer access Sileng's wares?

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Nov 2, 2019

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Is there any way to finish the Tribunal without any casualties?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Spoil me - did I miss my chance to use the blue spirits during the tribunal, or does that happen later?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Hwurmp posted:

You need to be wearing the Horrific Necktie after you confront Ruby. The option to get the blue spirits ready for use will pop up as you're leaving her hideaway.
You also need the "Spirits Eternal" sidequest (have the tie pipe-up as you buy the blue spirits).

Man, reloading and doing this was SO worth it.

But on the other hand, I'm deeply annoyed I didn't get the option to just try and charge people with the sword.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Nov 2, 2019

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Anyone tried leaving your disco-rear end blazer at the harbor until the endgame? Does the game stop you from jumping into the harbor from Cuno's roof at that point?

Also - the revolutionary mentioned hiding one last bullet. I ran all over the island, can't seem to find it.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 2, 2019

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Put together a guide to armor and clothing and where to find them:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1904731911

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

You could avoid bringing Kim to this location.