Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

UrbicaMortis posted:

I'm kinda curious how you're going to use drugs mid-dialogue. Are you just going to turn around and do a quick bump off your hand before carrying on with the interrogation?.

Literally this from what I remember from one developer blog pr other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

UrbicaMortis posted:

I love that this whole ensemble he's wearing is apparently giving him a +3 bonus to savoir faire.

Would you argue with that guy?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Does it necessarily mean the game will be poo poo at handling these topics? No, but between this, the way another thought cabinet thought is named "Inexplicable Feminist Agenda", the lack of gender selection, I think there is reason to be *skeptical*.
By my own, completely objective evaluation, the entire thing has about 85% chance of falling flat on its face so completely mishandling politics is a big possibility.

There are a couple of things that give me some hope, though: The devs did say in the previous interview linked here that they were mostly left wing (in Estonia, so take that with a grain of salt), and just identifying yourself as such is pretty big (and they are aware that they are going to get into trouble for that, so it doesn't seem they'll be pandering to the MAGA crowd). Also, when they were talking about skills, where too much investment in any one of them is a bad thing, fascism, racism and sexism are squarely on the "bad" side of things.

But yeah, agreed. That example? Bad example. Maybe it makes sense in game, but at face value it's pretty bad.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

grate deceiver posted:

listen up nerds, I'll say it

game gon be gud

Don't jinx it.

Perhaps a hamster posted:

Look at it. It tells you the location of every repeatable skill check you tried/failed/came across, whether you can redo it and, if not, which skill to increase if so. How user-friendly of an idea is this?

This is great.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I'm really impressed by the Empathy/Volition example. If that's the norm and not the exception, they have basically written every conversation as if you had a party of 25+ and each one could interject/argue with each other.

Also, the UI to judge each interaction chance of success is very clear, and that's a big plus for me.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

CottonWolf posted:

No Truce with the Furies was a better name though.

Agreed. It reminded me of Greek tragedies.

The horrible tie is the Deux Ex Machina that solves everything in the end.

EDIT: The protagonist hanging himself from the ceiling fan is a solution of sorts.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Oct 7, 2019

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Canuckistan posted:

I'm a chronic min-maxer. It'll be liberating to play a RPG where you can grow by failing.

But now you MUST try every iteration to see whether success or failure is more beneficial.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

How does time work in this game? I know it advances in conversations, but does it actually matter besides people's schedules (i.e. talk to your cop buddy after 21:00)? Can I fail the main questline by taking too long? Are there timed quests?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

they could easily make a sequel where you play as Klaasje, who is basically just Female Harry anyway

IIRC, they are planing to do a sequel where you play as a woman 5 months into pregnancy.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Oct 22, 2019

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Pestering a random woman on the street has netted me not one, but TWO cases to work while Kim is away! He's going to be SO proud of me!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Is there any way to convince the bookstore lady that the curse isn't real?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

Why would you lie? :(

Because when I tried to go with the *truth* I ended up taking off my pants in front of a young lady and she was freaked out.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Oct 23, 2019

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Volition may be boring as gently caress, but in the conversation with Klaasje, it was glorious.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Jose posted:

Where can I get a map too lol

The bookstore.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

barkbell posted:

This clothing system wasn't very well thought out.

My kimono, cowboy hat, stolen medal and combat boots are *disco* as gently caress.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

A Sometimes Food posted:

Least not how I'm doing it.

Download CheatEngine. Someone mentioned it comes with spyware, but it’s just one of those semihidden “do you want to install a toolbar” thing, so pay attention. Start both the game and Cheatengine, click on the magnifier glass in Cheatengine and select the game in the list of processes that pops up.

Our objective is to give you infinite stat points, by finding all the values in game that match the number of free points you have and then changing it and see which values in game change to match it.

Start a new game, create your own detective. Give yourself 4-5 free pips by lowering stats ingame.

Go to cheatengine. Put the number of free points you have in the “new search” box and hit intro. You’ll get a list of values in game that match the one you’ve entered. Now go back to the game, put or remove a point somewhere and insert the new value in CheatEngine. Hit “Next search” and the of posible values will shrink to those that started as your original number of free stat points and then have changed to your current number of free stat points.

Repeat the process a couple of times until you end up with 2-3 values that follow your number of free skill points. Double click those in cheat engine so they appear in the big box (all of them, one is the one we're looking for, the others probably have something to do with UI display, but doing the following with all of them won't break anything). Tick the small white box besides that value, now it’s fixed no matter what you do ingame. You can also modify the number if you’ve ended with a value of 0.

Go to the game, make every stat Great (again). Once you’ve finished, untick the values. It shouldn’t influence anything, but just in case.

You can do the same with skills the moment you get a level. Probably better once you hit level three so you can play with values 0-2 instead of 0-1.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 24, 2019

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I'm bad at karaoke

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Speaking of the gun, When i recovered it, it wasn’t loaded. Do I have to find bullets as well or does Kim have extras.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

There are two bullets to be found.

They don't appear as items once you get them, right? I'm pretty sure I've found one but it's not in my inventory.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

8-bit Miniboss posted:

They're in the character sheet under bullets. It'll tell you how many you have when you hover over it.

Thanks!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Kim, I took one swig of a bottle and smoke one cigarette. I'm not "still drinking and smoke constantly".

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

After my first playthrough as a boring cop (intelligence/motorics) I’ll probably do a second one and let it rest for a while. Now that I know how time works in game, are there are missable sidequests/things to do? Some people dissapear from the game as time goes on (most notably the guys near the pawnshop and Rene, although I’m not sure whether that’s timed or plot related.) I’m pretty sure that Joyce moving, the tribunal happening and Orange Disco Dancer running away are plot related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Xarbala posted:

Volition doesn't really do goofy far as I can tell, but it does have one of the most impressive Skill Conversations in the game, and if having to talk shop with Electrochemistry and Drama means getting a little goofy then so be it

I love that interaction. I spent that entire conversation thinking “hmn... there is something wrong here” but I couldn’t put my finger on it. The writing is superb.