Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Freaking Crumbum posted:

can you even buy this game on steam yet? it's still shows "COMING SOON" on my wish list. do i literally have to wait until 10a PST tomorrow to buy the drat game? i'd rather pre-load it so i can play it when i get home from work

Correct, devs have said no preload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Verviticus posted:

huh, i restarted my game and now the game will not give me credit for picking up my right shoe. it just vanishes into the nether. i wonder if a patch screwed that up?

Close the game out fully before restarting.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Yeah like, DE if nothing else is the first 'RPG' I'm eager to turn around and play through another time fairly quickly in a long, long while.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Digital Osmosis posted:

Has anyone had any luck getting out a conversation they seemed stuck in? Google isn't turning up anything.

Nope, not as far as I know. Save regularly! Had that happen the other day.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

My secret has just been to hold onto a skill point or two in reserve consistently through the game for white checks I've felt important. :v: (And letting the chips fall where they may/not savescumming on red checks.)

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm bad at karaoke

I'm sure it was an excellent performance, and those that heard it just can't appreciate your genius. :colbert:

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I think Kim is one of, if not my outright favorite 'sidekick' characters of all time. So good. :allears:

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Omi no Kami posted:

I'm super-duper unclear, is there a ticking clock? Because goddamn there is so much to do. I restarted at the end of day 1 because Kim's a cool guy and I didn't want him pawning his stuff to pay for my drunk rear end, and on attempt #2 I accomplished nearly none of what I did on day 1.

Sooort of. Time moves when speaking/interacting with new choices. But you can run around the map all you like. There is a soft deadline of sorts, but it is very, very, very generous.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

a fatguy baldspot posted:

dang think I just got stuck. talking to the fat guy in the desk hits me with two morale losses when he mentions my lost thing, and there’s nowhere else to go and no option other than making a really hard composure check...since I only have two morale total this is bad. and game overs me

Do you have any medicine at present? You can use it while you're going down to 0 / when the screen pauses for a few moments.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

The patch notes mentioned something about fixing weather changes, I think?

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kimball Wizards

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Twigand Berries posted:

Just purchased, should I read the thread at all or just dive in?

1.) Don't savescum.
2.) That said, make backup saves time to time. Game is still a bit buggy.
3.) You can use medicine in scenes when you're taking damage - you'll see what I mean - the game doesn't really say this very well.

Beyond that, have fun!

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Palpek posted:

The tag already got uploaded:

I'll just ring it up for anybody who quotes this post in the next day or so.

It being applied to an account depends on admin reaction time though (or you can buy an av with it added in img tags in the text field if you don't want to wait).

Yes, please.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Arist posted:

I'm currently looking for bullet residue on the boardwalk but I'm not getting a popup anywhere. I've been over the area a half dozen times, what am I missing?

You aren't missing anything, especially if you're still earlyish daywise. I do wish that particular objective was a bit clearer, because I did they exact same thing. :v:

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

No Mods No Masters posted:

Mr Evrart is helping me find my gun

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

overeager overeater posted:

What would be the funniest political alignment + copotype for a 1/1/1/1 failcop run?

Sorry Cop, apologizes and falls over, dead.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Hwurmp posted:

Harrier Du Bois Funkopops

One each for each face/Expression combo, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

While hopefully it won't have any issues, reminder that a backup save or two occasionally in case of any glitches/save corruption probably isn't a bad idea.

Disco Elysium Final Cut - never ever ever ever, baby!