Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I got this game about 3 days ago and already sunk at least 12 hours into it. My favorite highlight is either shining a flashlight directly in a clerk's face and rapid firing deep philosophical questions before calmly saying "okay" and walking out without buying anything while on my way to find help for getting a body down after failing miserably at basic pistol marksmanship.

or Doing "the gun thing" with Authority and :airquote: accidentally :airquote: hitting an all-time low with Kim. good thing I saved beforehand!

OR EVEN finding my badge AND my car, lodged in the ice in the sea and the most appropriate reaction for it, right before I then became a free market fundamentalist upon doing a lot of speed and extolling the virtues of my boxer role model

I think this game is extremely Good and Cool and I look forward to seeing what the gently caress happens next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

So apparently I finished my first run in about 20 hours, found the killer and proof with the giant bug, and was proclaimed to be a GIANT FASCIST by Kim. Then the other officers stopped giving me poo poo and realized I actually solved what I was supposed to solve. Then the credits rolled. I feel like there should or could have been one more major task to do, like actually finding a licensed physician in the city to heal the killer, then do one more interrogation, then bring the killer with me until I ran into the other officers. Is there? Was there? I dunno. I didn't think the ending was bad just that there could maybe have been one more thing before "talk to dude, talk to bug, go back, sudden on-the-spot roasting and explanation, credits roll as everybody finally goes home." (in my case at least)

But this also means I am eligible to doing a new run doing and saying different things with arguably even more drugs :getin:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

On a scale of 1 to 10 how viable is a second run consisting of being a colossal communist hobocop getting into very loud and disturbingly drawn out and detailed arguments with everything and anything with maybe even more drugs involved?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Electrochemistry adds extra charges to these items, so a high Electrochemistry character gets more out of their drugs. The skill also leads you down a path of substance abuse, giving you quests to procure amphetamine, or just buy a magnum sized bottle of wine. These quests are often non-refusable.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I am attempting to be a communist hobocop that also has very strong opinions of advanced race theory, yet my rhetoric skill is depressingly bad at the cost of my inland empire

On a scale of 1 to 10 how strongly am I currently embodying 2005ish era arguably insane permabanned goon?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

overeager overeater posted:

Fail the check to "prove your authority to Titus", and pick the option "The same thing happened to my friend Garte over there..."

As I discovered the hard way, you take Health damage every time you say "cock carousel", unlike that one conversation with Joyce

Imagine Harry talking about Mr. Claire's Cock Carousel in his chair, forever.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I failed an 80%+ chance to smear coal on my face. My authority is too weak against Kim's :smith:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

My favorite way of progressing and getting what I want is simply roaring as loudly as humanly possible.

Except against Kim.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Better not run too much, you might hurt your limping leg.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

The Hot Coffee controversy but with your necktie

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

christmas boots posted:

One thing I didn't fully appreciate until a second playthrough is that with Klassje Volition is every bit as compromised as your other skills, just in the opposite direction. It knows what's happening to the other skills, resents it, and overcompensates in response.

Authority and Electro-Chemistry are NOT compromised :smugjones:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I managed to sing karaoke. And I failed the red drama check. Which I am very glad I did, IMO.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

My new favorite check failure is not karaoke but instead Attempting to form a right-wing vigillante old guard group with Kim and I as Unit One: Ghost Dogs and Rene and Gaston as Unit Two: Royal Hounds because I failed miserably at convincing Gaston to yield his sandwich (twice)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I hit my first 3% success chance check out of pure luck :stare:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Your partner just threw you the keys to your patrol vehicle. It’s a cool moment, but Benny Shitfingers drops them in the sewage. Vehicle inoperable. Mob boss flips a coin in your direction: here’s a tip rent-a-cop. Blam, he pokes your eye out with it. It’s incredibly uncool to not catch things.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Horny Game.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Holy poo poo doing a high Physical run so I have lots of Half Light and Physical Instrument is a really, really good idea:

I was too enveloped in two of Half Light's moments to capture them but I made drat sure not to on this one:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Pattonesque posted:

half-light at high levels is hilarious

That is what I'm doing on my current run, I'm loving excited :getin:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I failed miserably at basic pistol marksmanship after roasting Kim's own bad pistol marksmanship, threw the gun into the mud, and cried so hard I gave up on being a cop, instead choosing to live under a bridge and throw poop at people.

A fitting end IMO

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Also:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

loving lol @ everything about the anti-object task force thought. This embodies me extremely.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Glagha posted:

I can't remember the specifics but as I recall the fascist thoughts 100% dunk on you for being pathetic.

Say 10 fascist traditionalist things

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Me irl

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

How big does Kim like his milkers?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I failed a 97% chance to not tear off a dead guy's head, then touched the dead guy's dick, then fished out something from his head like doing a magic trick.

And it ended as unceremoniously as it began.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

"*Clown Cops Climb Tree, Fall Down*," he says, furrowing his brow. "*Enraged Cop Assaults Children -- After Falling Down Tree*."

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

If you constantly fail at asserting yourself as a police officer, you run the risk of becoming the fabled Meltdown Cop.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Saint Freak posted:

What's an apology?

Of all my playthroughs/character builds Half-Light is now my Favorite Skill and I regret not dumping more points into it or Physique as a whole sooner

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Anti Horny Game

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Half Light is

The Best Skill™

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Madre de dios. *makes sign of the cross* A LIBERAL!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Kim is also a fan of salami

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

JustaDamnFool posted:

Most of HDB's politics has some element of psychosexual underlining, but fascism is the one that makes it most explicit.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Shame on you if you let Kim get shot during the mercenary tribunal but even greater shame on you if you do not deputize The Cuno in Kim's place

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Kaysette posted:

Ghost Dogs

The Royal Hounds

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

What, you mean Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau?

The Opener Of The Eighth Seal

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

The failed Hardie Boys check leading to the "Cock Carousal" heart attack but for Klassje

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Ciaphas posted:

Visual Calculus is getting a surprising amount of work - analyzing the crime scene was a hoot - and the rest of the skills on that path too. (6/2/2/2 for me)

But I only just realized that I am never told about all the passive checks I'm failing - and kinda wondering just how much I'm missing :psyduck:

(especially considering my personal goal to avoid Doing A Drug during the playthrough - no, game, I'm ignoring the failed Volition check, I'm not getting speed :colbert:)

Check out mr big brain cop over here, knowing what the gently caress a book is
Not shown is when you say "I know what these things are" is your skill saying "No you don't" and you then exiting by saying "Don't you sass me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Does anybody else just stare at the whole thought cabinet mural and just ponder things?