Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don't think either name is particularly good. However, other than that I don't know how they made a game this good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

This game may be the goat in general, but it's definitely the goat in terms of out of context screenshots of dialogue

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

No Mods No Masters posted:

This game may be the goat in general, but it's definitely the goat in terms of out of context screenshots of dialogue

Ah gently caress it, it's definitely the goat in general

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I waited 20 years after planescape for this, hell I can wait another 20

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

You're off to a highly appropriate start. Enjoy my friend

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

:sever:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I went from having literally zero idea this game existed to the firm knowledge that it's the goty and the suspicion that it's the goat in the span of the last week so I can relate. This is the blessed game for sure

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Josef bugman posted:

How do you play as a good person and also communist?

N/A since you can’t play as a good person

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

You can do your best to be good, but you're just really not building on the best foundation in terms of having a good brain

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

edit: oops, meant for the other disco elysium thread

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

pmchem posted:

Other thread?

I was making a goof after loving up, it was meant for the outer worlds thread (which is ~30% people talking about how much better disco elysium is than it)

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I wouldn't be too conservative with your skill points, I felt like I spent large amounts of my playthrough floating 5+ points but really they could have probably been invested more effectively in whatever, just to be able to see more passive check dialogue. Banking 2 or so is a good idea for sure though.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

-Zydeco- posted:

After the cryptobiologist leaves is Gary also gone for good? I missed the first check to presumably get some of the armor from him and now that i have a point to retry the map shows him somewhere off the left edge. Seems bugged.

Yeah I think he's gone, the game has a line to explicitly warn you of this IIRC

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

You just do what any normal cop would do. You, without cause, cut the lock off of an apartment door, enter with no good cause, look around, and steal things from some random person's apartment who isn't doing anything wrong as far as you know.

*Makes the Kim face*

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I didn't have that thought equipped and I could still bring it up, further evidence I was a previously a high school gym teacher

I really wonder if you can be other things, it seems like everyone gets that one- if it can vary, perhaps basing it on running was not a good idea

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I knew from your posts that you would like it. Cheers to you and enjoy

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Yeah the threshold is not high. earlyish spoilers I got the cheevo on an otherwise pretty mixed first day immediately after finding the bullet during the autopsy.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

ZA/UM have earned total faith from me, I feel no real need to speculate or wishlist sequel ideas. I can rest pretty much assured that they have plans and they're going to own

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Rookoo posted:

With regards to the footprints at the crime scene Is it ever explained who the guy with the one smooth sole is? I was convinced I’d figured out Harry was the killer in the first hour because one of his shoes is lying out in the balcony, but that turned out to be wrong. I think the old communists footprints next to the peephole are the same but I can’t remember it being brought up if he walked up to the corpse at any point. Am I misremembering something?

it’s ruby, she is a trucker so she has one worn out sole

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

There's no denying that the game runs like a bit of a dog, it's one of the few legit reasons to hesitate recommending it. I'm sure they would like the console bux and they dodged any exclusivity deals by going steam/gog, but the game is very point-and-click-y by nature so it needs some engineering to play well. Localization is another good point and is probably going to suck for them considering the size of the script.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm empathetic as far as how it must feel for the cadre of forums obsidian stalwarts to be suddenly trolled over what is nominally shaping up to be one of obsidian's best received and most successful games. It's a bitter fate as far as the Tides of Posting go

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

A lot of flawed weird fad RPGs come and go, so I understand the 15+ year obsidian squad vets rolling their eyes when a bunch of people pour in recommending some weird random game from first time devs in estonia as the new best thing. It just happens that in this case they're wrong and somehow they did manage to make the best thing

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Omi no Kami posted:

How the heck do you get knowledge of the Pale? Not having it gave me a huge nerf to that check in the church to figure out what was going on with the hole in reality, but since I'd already done everything and talked to everyone, I guess it must be tied to a quest/conversation I missed?

Might be obtainable elsewhere, but definitely comes from a white check with joyce in the 'what is x' part of her dialogue tree.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

As mentioned, it's a deliberately hard check until you internalize jamais vu in which case it becomes a gimme- IIRC.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

This game dethroned pathologic 2 as goty for me, it might be a stretch to call that game an RPG but I think it would scratch a lot of the same itches as this does if you can deal with the extreme russian-ness of the experience

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Yes true. It's a pretty unabashedly harsh and alienating experience but scratches the 'excellent writing wandering around in a weird atmospheric town trying to solve a mystery' itch. Honestly that should just be its own genre at this point- the best genre

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Trant is my spirit animal. I'm not happy with it but I can't hide from the truth

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

ex chat

Jean is a gigantic rear end in a top hat about it during the final sequence if they were really together for over a decade. Jean owns

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Jean, trant, the :shobon: patrolwoman- they're all good, inject more of all of them into my veins

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

As far as it goes, you gave the game away with the low effort shitposts and it diminished the impact of the high effort one. I expect better from an experienced 10+ year forums war veteran like yourself

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think they were perhaps a bit too in love with the clownsuit possibilities and wanted to show it off. In their defense the clownsuits are pretty amazing

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Still laughing whenever I remember wearing the kimono

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Say what you will about jean, but it takes commitment to sit in a hostel cafeteria with a giant fake blonde wig and sunglasses on for 18 hours a day for several days stonily staring at your partner when he comes in and finding different ways to say gently caress you when he tries to ask you anything

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I respect the main body of the obsidian defense force showing restraint, and you can't really fault the vanguard for being unable to resist a sortie. That's the kind of discipline I expect from one of the oldest and longest suffering forums tribes

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Art cop was so great, absolutely no one wanted to hear from or deal with art cop in the least bit

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Sell a poster of the thought cabinet painting, cowards

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Sequel plans: basically all just evil apes dukin' it out on a giant ball

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

*makes the limbic system face*

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Robert seems to have a good head on his shoulders, though I wish they would hire a port shop and they need to sell the thought cabinet poster. The ZA/UM manifesto should be p p good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Most people seem to be harsh on the voice acting the chapos did, but I think they were fine and choose to be harsh on the HARD COAR guy instead