Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lightning Knight posted:

Welcome, children, to USPOL: Fall!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

gently caress ice

quote:

answer to the "WHAT HAPPENS NOW WHAT ARE SUBPOENAS???" question that is asked every 20 minutes

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R45653.pdf

relevant section is pages 5-6 for enforcement of civil subpoenas in terms of what's going to actually happen

but also includes explainers about criminal contempt and inherent contempt and is from a good source

Request details for the D&D Discord from one of the D&D mods; that would be myself, PPJ, or Ard.

Do not post your own tweets, as a general rule. We may make exceptions for politically relevant tweets, but generally won’t.

Report egregious non-political derails.

Go to the primary thread to discuss primary chat. Do not post primary bait itt.

Primary debate chat does not go here.

-------------------------------------------

Context for international viewers:

The car is on fire, and there's no driver at the wheel
And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
And a dark wind blows

The government is corrupt
And we're on so many drugs
With the radio on and the curtains drawn

We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine
And the machine is bleeding to death

The sun has fallen down
And the billboards are all leering
And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles

It went like this:

The buildings toppled in on themselves
Mothers clutching babies
Picked through the rubble
And pulled out their hair

The skyline was beautiful on fire
All twisted metal stretching upwards
Everything washed in a thin orange haze

We woke up one morning and fell a little further down
For sure it's the valley of death

I open up my wallet
And it's full of blood

The 2020 Democratic Primary Thread

Right Wing Media

Conservative Email Forwards/Facebook Posts

The State/Local Politics Thread

The SCOTUS Thread

Political Cartoons

Gun Chat

Please don't constantly ask what has happened since you last checked the thread. Instead, use this:

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/

:siren:Please report awful, bigoted, or bad-faith posters whenever possible.:siren:

*Enforcement of forum rules is subject to mod discretion.

fool_of_sound posted:

:siren:After discussion with the mods, The Ethics of Protest Voting chat is banned indefinitely. You may criticize or defend democrats as normal. You may no longer post that 'protest voting is supporting fascism/republicans' or 'voting bad dems makes you a useful idiot' or anything of that sort.:siren:

fool_of_sound posted:

:siren:US POL rule update starting as of this post: challenging another poster to toxx on a topic counts as a self-toxx on the opposite stance, regardless of if the challenged person accepts:siren:

Please report posts challenging others to toxx!

---------------------------------------------
Previous titles:
USPOL Fall: Sundown Comes Earlier Each Day
USPOL Fall: The War on Snitches
USPOL Fall: Just another day in Fucknutsville
USPOL Fall: the cars on fire and theres no driver at the wheel
USPOL Fall: I, in my great and unmatched wisdom
USPOL Fall: but then the coffin comes and they `scream.`
USPOL Fall: Experiencing crime dilation
USPOL Fall: I signed up for some WAR crimes, you freaks want to do NORMAL crimes?!
USPOL Fall: queen of warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of rot
USPOL Fall: They don't know they're dealing with very tough people in this room
USPOL Fall: measured as a centicosby, also known as a Gamer
USPOL Fall: He has become The Orb
USPOL Fall: Trump and the Noble Eightfold Path
USPOL Fall: Devin? What have you done? YOU'VE CREATED A CRIME PARADOX!
USPOL Fall: Ultimate in terms of sniffing drugs

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Reserved in case its needed.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

You may commence the endless screaming.... now.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
context for international viewers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Dead Flag Blues is just cheating at this point.

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
If the democrats are too craven to impeach they aren't going to keep the left. There's no constituency for that poo poo, only people trying to hold the line, that doesn't motivate anyone. Hold to some loving principals.

Also law is just "the algorithm" for humanities types.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
additional more accurate context
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEgkDuJyI0U

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
gently caress ICE

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
gently caress Bari Weiss.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yew9L0Xjm_g

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
https://www.vox.com/world/2019/9/23/20880639/france-germany-uk-iran-saudi-statement

quote:

France, Germany, and UK say Iran is responsible for attacks on Saudi Arabia

“It is clear for us that Iran bears responsibility for this attack,” the leaders of the three European powers said. “There is no other explanation.”

Well poo poo.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
we can save USPOL Fall Of Mankind for 2020, this works

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Evergreen post: America is hoping House Democrats find their spine today and move forward with impeaching the President for [list of all the criminal and ethics violations from this administration].

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I really hope we get to some mattering now. Who cares if the Turtlefuck will block it, that’s the whole point: make him show his (extremely obvious) hand, so not even the pundits can miss it.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Yeah, as trite as it is to phrase this way, I'd rather have a list of things we tried that failed (for one reason or another) than a list of things we should have tried. The Democratic Party needs to die and be reborn and if that can be done by infiltrating the body and replacing the spirit cool, but one way or another.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
gently caress ICE.

Today will be a day long remembered--it seen the death of dithering...it may soon see the end of Trump.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OAquinas posted:

gently caress ICE.

Today will be a day long remembered--it seen the death of dithering...it may soon see the end of Trump.

Wish I could be that optimistic, but it's going to be a big day of political clownery for drat sure

Just gently caress my poo poo up

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

If impeachment does happen at last today it'll be pretty funny that what it took to finally push the shittiest dems into action was threats against Diamond Joe.

(nah for real though, if Trump's Putin ball-licking and constant loving over of Ukraine is what destroys him, it'll be some pretty tasty irony)

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

LegendaryFrog posted:

Evergreen post: America is hoping House Democrats find their spine today and move forward with impeaching the President for [list of all the criminal and ethics violations from this administration].

Too real.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Sanguinia posted:

If impeachment does happen at last today it'll be pretty funny that what it took to finally push the shittiest dems into action was threats against Diamond Joe.

(nah for real though, if Trump's Putin ball-licking and constant loving over of Ukraine is what destroys him, it'll be some pretty tasty irony)

It'll vindicate the #resistance crowd.

It was the Russians all along!

That lovely loving narrative that the neolibs play right into.

Also I'm not 100% sure on this, but being impeached and removed from office doesn't preclude someone from running again.

The comedy option is if this runs past the primaries and a few of those states that removed anyone but Trump from said primaries, Pence runs and the vote is split between votes for Trump and write-ins for Pence.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Sep 24, 2019

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
House Oversight committee: crimes, crimes-

Other dems: crimes, CRIMES

AOC and the rest of dems: CRIMES, CRIMES, CRIMES!

Pelosi: OK, maybe there were some crimes.

Edit: ^^ Calling Ukrainians russians is a good way to get your leg broken.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

OAquinas posted:

That's how it's going to be framed in the media and you know it.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Ice Phisherman posted:

Ugh. I'm just happy when they remember not to call it 'the' Ukraine.

If anyone needs me I'll be drinking in the corner.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

OAquinas posted:

bonus bone breaking: Calling it "The Ukraine" to their faces.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Sorry USPOL Fall took too long, I have been busy with work recently and my sleep schedule is hosed. Here's to another season of insanity!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ice Phisherman posted:

It'll vindicate the #resistance crowd.

It was the Russians all along!

That lovely loving narrative that the neolibs play right into.

Also I'm not 100% sure on this, but being impeached and removed from office doesn't preclude someone from running again.

The comedy option is if this runs past the primaries and a few of those states that removed anyone but Trump from said primaries, Pence runs and the vote is split between votes for Trump and write-ins for Pence.

As part of the impeachment process, the official can additionally be barred from office when found guilty by the Senate.

Should have known better than to gently caress with the great Centrist Hope, Joe Biden though. Crimes, ethics, and decorum are one thing, but upsetting the apple cart of safe power grabbing and now Pelosi and the gang have reason to care.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

This is the last season right? The writers are just running out of ideas.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Ice Phisherman posted:

he was specifically trying to threaten/extort/bribe the anti Russian Ukranian government and the non Fox (online article, dunno about non msnbc tv) media has actually been pretty clear about that so far because it's part of why the whole thing is terrible

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Watch the Democrats grow a spine then get real bold only to have Trump die on the shitter.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Impeach you miserable fucks

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Strange Poon posted:

Watch the Democrats grow a spine then get real bold only to have Trump die on the shitter.

This is not a bad outcome.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Reposting evergreens

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

I have coffee, weed, cigarettes, and leftover sushi and dumplings to go with a book on congressional fighting as this carnival whirs to dazzling life.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Strange Poon posted:

Oh word?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Strange Poon posted:

I feel like if he died in office it would be a Bad Thing because then the media will be filled with articles like:

“We need unity now, let’s stand behind Pence and be civil.”

“That is no way to talk about a dead man, leave him and the family alone to grieve.”

“Remembering Trump: his most presidential moments.”

And then all of the investigations dropped because “it’s rude” or whatever.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Please let today be a good day.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Strange Poon posted:

Someone would have a problem with that?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Residency Evil posted:

Please let today be a good day.

It already is for UKPOL

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Reminder Schiff gave the IGIC and DNI until Thursday to hand over the whistleblower documents. I wouldn’t be surprised if they waited until Friday to announce official proceedings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

OAquinas posted:

House Oversight committee: crimes, crimes-

Other dems: crimes, CRIMES

AOC and the rest of dems: CRIMES, CRIMES, CRIMES!

Pelosi: OK, maybe there were some crimes.

Calling my rep (McEachin) to yell IMPEACHMENT *click*. I don't think he has a public stance yet.