Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Clearly Pelosi vapes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Remember ages ago when he was saying that Hillary took the SERVER CONTAINING THE 30,000 EMAILS and washed it in acid, thereby destroying the emails forever?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Gunthen posted:

This is an unknown person we are talking about here, if saying "he" instead of "they" offends you like it would misgendering a person whom you know the identity of, then maybe you just want to be offended. Don't get me wrong here, it's hosed up to intentionally misgender someone. But gently caress dude, at what point is it acceptable to not have to worry about hurting people feelings when your dealing with an unknown person.

Hate speech is a directed action. It's intentional, and it's meant to demean someone. Don't pretend this is the same thing.

Your post is dumb as dogshit because you just laid out exactly why "they" would be the more correct word to use in this case on every possible level.

It seems like you're just looking for something to complain about, interesting.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Hobo Clown posted:

I often think about the eventual movie that will come out of this. How do you tell this story in 2-3 hours? Where does the script even start?

I'm thinking something like Birdman but fully POV the entire time, just a whirlind of a silent Trump from his POV stumbling around gesticulating as folks around him react/respond as if he's talking.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

It feels like five lifetimes ago but IIRC around this time last year Avenatti was considering running for president in 2020. :laffo:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Zenithe posted:

I assumed it's because witches got burned in other witch hunts....? which explains nothing and doesn't support his argument.

I got the impression from some quote from Hannity like two years ago and some of Trump's older tweets that him, Trump, etc. dumbasses use the term thinking it means a group of witches hunting someone unfairly.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Friday posted:

If you are a GOP Senator whats the best outcome at this stage? You can't vote to impeach cause of insane Trump voter base, so Trump heart attack perhaps?

Polonium.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

friendbot2000 posted:

Edit: This will enrage Idiot Amin even more too because a woman called him a coward

Ideally she keeps it up and he gets so worked up about this that he just barrels through what little protection his cronies are trying to set up to testify and prove how strong and very legal (and cool) he is.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

skylined! posted:

What's the math on when republicans begin seeing that trump firing up independents and non-voting leftists is more of a threat than trump's base? That seems relevant.

They genuinely won't until however many days it is to November 4th 2020

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I can understand the DNC's reluctance to step in; they put their thumbs very heavily on the scale for Hillary last time and got badly burned for it.

A good campaign--and a good candidate--shouldn't need them to run interference, however.

They should just fully embrace and run with the Wohl bullshit.Warren 2020: She Fucks.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Dammerung posted:

Can they realistically turn on him? Consider how much water they have carried for him at this point, and how many of them already changed their opinions from him as disaster to him as a blameless savior. (Eg, Senator Graham.)

They don't seem to want to but it is extremely stupid of them not to. Like the same way he was a huge joke up until he wasn't, if Graham/etc. are all just like "I had a crisis of conscious and...." or whatevers and turn on him even most of his base will no longer be on his side in a couple of months because what they want most is to win and be associated with a winner. They can put anyone they want at the top and as long as they put out a message of "this guy's basically a classy Trump" and his base will get the message that the GOP is still going to be the white supremacist party but with a more cordial face again.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Remember how for like eight months after he won Trump himself/Fox News/etc. was all about how crooked Hillary rigged the election and evil democrats rigged the election and WE REALLY FOUND HER EMAILS FOR REAL THIS TIME FOR REAL GUYS REALLY because that's clearly what they had prepared in advance from the minute Clinton and Trump both own the primaries.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Especially like 24 hours after sentencing. That's just so blatant. Like a 1 in 10^7 or 8 chance of just randomly getting murdered that day

Yeah when it was first announced he was dead I figured okay I'll wait like maybe two hours before actually reading anything in case it really was a one in a million coincidence but come on. I can't believe anyone would give cops the benefit of the doubt.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

USPOL Nuclear Winter: We can always go back and BLAST!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

skylined! posted:

The only thing that has proven consistent in trying to decipher trump's decisions is finding how it benefits him personally. That's all that matters to him; either he's being blackmailed, or was offered a business deal, or more dirt on biden, or was somehow convinced that this would be a net good and play to the anti-imperialist part of his base.

"THEY CAN'T IMPEACH ME IN THE MIDDLE OF AN INTERNATIONAL CRISIS!"

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I can't believe Rick Perry set Trump up like this.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump hasn’t made a tweet in 5 hours now since his Great and unmatched Wisdom tweet. Wonder what he’s been up to.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181249853801877508

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Probably those campaign pseudo polls they use to grift idiots they then roll into a daily 'do this it polls really well' briefing for trump.

Yeah it's probably those mailers they send out (they send physical ones out like the emails the campaign sends out to get donations) that are like HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK DONALD TRUMP, AS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT EVIL, WILL FIGHT FOR YOUR NEEDS AS AN AMERICA?
A) HARDER THAN EVER
B) VERY MUCH
C) AVERAGE

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Madkal posted:

He will probably skip the debates next year saying he is too good/suppressing right wing speech/too busy being president to waste his time/fart whatever anyway.

I've been wondering about this myself, like I can't imagine even the most ardent of sycophants in his campaign would actually WANT him in a debate against the democratic nominee in his ever-worsening state. But like, are they really going to tell him "no you can't debate that person?" Like how do they present that in a way that doesn't make him barrel headfirst into wanting to debate them for ego reasons?

Plus as someone else said, his performance was terrible last time and you still had plenty of unironic takes of him looking strong, tough, he held is own, won, etc.

He'll do it because in his mind he's a winner.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Didn't it come out in 2016 that Trump campaign did not pay that patriotic little girls band who opened his rallies.

It did but it turned out to be cause the girls' father/manager was a massive dumbass and instead of having any kind of contract or even some verbal talk of payment their agreed upon compensation was a conversation that one of Trump's campaign people was going to maybe introduce them to someone who knew someone who would get them some kind of bigger appearance or career path in dancing or something.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

remindred that his reddite account also included some really horny stuff for prego fetish.

This typo makes me realize that I like "reddite" as a name for someone who uses Reddit regularly more than redditor.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

I loving knew they would try to say it was over some drug poo poo. Absolute loving scum, I don't believe a word of it

Absolute loving bullshit, gently caress cops.

Did you see where the suspect(s) came from? Apparently young dudes drove 300 miles from Louisana and across a state just to buy drugs from this one guy like what was he selling for that kind of effort the Water of Life? gently caress cops.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/DallasPD/status/1181634938300436481?s=20

When I think about police and integrity I definitely think of the Dallas police department because they have so much integrity that after JFK was assassinated the guy who supposedly did it was assassinated live on camera by someone who was able to just walk into the main entrance of the DPD HQ and do it followed by that person never being convicted due to a technicality in how he confessed to doing it shortly after.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Mooseontheloose posted:

Also, didn't the Russians try some sort of test run of American backed forces and got so badly beaten it destroy Russian morale that they could ever hope to engage American military power?

Yeah I remember right after it happened they suddenly weren't the specific folks to did so suddenly weren't Russian soldiers but were in fact "rogue mercenaries from Russia" or whatever.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-02-16/russia-attacked-u-s-troops-in-syria

https://nypost.com/2018/02/13/russians-attacked-american-troops-on-putins-orders/

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I feel like it wouldnt help him though. he would gently caress up the response badly. like at least W managed to look sad and poo poo and all that important stuff. trump would just vacantly smile and probably talk about impeachment.

He'll be retweeting crank crisis actor conspiracy sites in between holes at the golf course.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Faustian Bargain posted:

I don't think the GOP higher-ups actually like Trump. Next Trump that tries to make it will get knifed by the party in the primary.

I can't imagine anyone who interacts with Trump for more than a few seconds "likes" him on any level beyond the most utilitarian.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

twice burned ice posted:

I'm amazed at how few dumb motherfuckers you've met.

Seriously, talk to any idiot racist, and you'll be able to imagine someone who would like him because you'll have met them.

I've had the displeasure of talking to plenty of racist idiots, racist co-workers, family members, former friends, whatever. And if there's something that's true across all of them, it's that they all, by "average" person standards hate each other and wouldn't even like Trump if they had to speak to him one on one about anything for more than a minute, but are all "friends" at the same time. Every single one of these folks sees themselves as a potential uber-person, just a little better and more important than everyone else around them including their closes friends/family/coworker/etc. that they supposedly like. Their relationships are based entirely around judgment and feeling superior to others. Like if you ever want a stereotypical instance of two people being buddy buddy with each other and then going off about what assholes they are all you need to do is see too idiot racists as their friendly conversation is ending.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

the president's brain is a perfectly frictionless sphere

You touch the orb you become the orb.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

highme posted:

:respek: I wasn't going to say anything, I figured it was mostly a phenomenon of places like here, then the OP said they were in Tampa and...

There's a bit of hipster barber even there......and a bit of Florida Man in all of us......

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

sean10mm posted:

I'm morbidly curious how Trump's cognitive decline plays out. It's only going to get worse and it seems to be accelerating.

What happens first?

A. "Don't slur bigly in public" filter goes out first, starts yelling :heritage: poo poo live on camera.
B. Language center completely melts down, starts saying literally indecipherable vowel soup.
C. Can walk and talk, but has sub-toddler awareness of what's going on around him or what common objects are.

I think it'll be darkly hilarious if he doesn't get us all killed first.

tokyo reject posted:

It’s going to speed up dramatically with the pressure of impeachment I imagine. I unfortunately watched my grandfather, dad, and uncle go through dementia and in my father’s case where he’d been a miserable prick for the past 40 years and alienated everyone who’d ever cared about him long before the dementia, the acute stress of having no support accelerated his decline about 5x fold.

I think it's going to be Option C first for sure. Losing track of stuff and just started wandering around and has to be corralled, all the times he gets up without actually signing or saying the thing he held he had the press there to watch him do, world leaders have to hold his hands while walking down stairs, etc. has already been happening.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

TheDisreputableDog posted:

So the actual article seems to say that they're "volunteering" to protect people in transit - meaning, not in the venue itself.

Is this really a case of "partnering" or "hiring" - seems like just something a group decided to do.

These guys and 3 Percenters will sometimes do that too, just announce they're going to be present at/enforcing/keeping order at a thing and show up.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Very legal and cool.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Xombie posted:

This is extremely silly way of thinking, considering that vikings are currently a cultural fad.

Fascists and white supremacist hate groups have been doing this poo poo with runes regularly since like the late 90s (and surely earlier on a less consistent scale) come on.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

tokyo reject posted:

Is fare evasion a huge thing in NYC? When I was out there it wasn’t like you could just hop the bars and jump on the train or whatever. It was the total opposite of how it is out here in San Francisco where everyone just jumps on the train without paying unless you have to get on at one of the stations under Market St.

It's not but the MTA drops insanely made up bullshit numbers about about how much money they lose over it to justify letting cops treat poor minorities like poo poo. Recently they also added all this signage by the emergency doors of a few stations about how IF YOU HOLD THIS DOOR OPEN THEN YOU RIDE WITH SATAN basically because oh no the dozen homeless people that sleep in the Herald Square station might meander onto or back from the platform before meandering back back the other way the world is crumbling.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

The US is so inefficient, it should be run like a business!

https://www.axios.com/treasury-borrowing-debt-government-spending-tax-reform-a5f699d6-31a9-41b1-861a-02329a744797.html

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

marshmonkey posted:

This is from January

So?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Can't believe the president is going to be banned from battle.net.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Absolutely yes, you can argue over whether it's more correct to say that Trump CAN'T read or DOESN'T read or WON'T read but the result is the same.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Luckyellow posted:

That's kinda suspicious hearing this right after he just went to Hong Kong and expressed his support for the protesters.

He's running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

GlyphGryph posted:

Lmfao at nyt being as far left wing as literally any media is right wing

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So which Right Wing Think Tank funds the “All Sides” group?

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Just fuckin' l-o-l at the idea that the NYT is as far left as Jacobin.

This chart is asinine.

quote:

Prior to his career in technology, AllSides co-founder and president John Gable was a professional Republican operative who worked for President George H. W. Bush, Senator Mitch McConnell, and the Republican National Committee. While he now lives in San Francisco, John is originally from Kentucky coal mining country, which has become a heartland of Trump supporters. He remains a proud, active Republican today.

Joan Blades, co-founder of our non-profit schools program and our partner Living Room Conversations, co-founded the progressive groups Moms Rising and MoveOn.org, which has raised millions of dollars for left-wing candidates. She is from Berkeley — one of the most progressive areas in the country. She still lives there and remains a proud, active Democrat today.

Scott McDonald, co-founder of AllSides and technology lead, is more centrist and less active politically. As an early online community entrepreneur, he remains dedicated to transparency, and that feeds his passion for revealing media bias across the political spectrum. However, he did intern for Republican Slade Gorton in the 1990s.

AllSides is proud to be a mix of people from all over the political bias spectrum. Take a look at the TED Talk that John and Joan did together on bursting filter bubbles to see just how we work together across our differences for the common good.