Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Everything from Biden inadvertently setting up Trump for impeachment to Trump and Giuliani trying to “investigate” no doubt based on some chuds Twitter theories are perfection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

hidden_msg posted:

So real talk, I did NOT know she was in her 70s. I thought she was like in her 50s. Without trying to be weird about female politician's looks, I hope I look that good at 70s :allears:

Woah there no thirsty posting; buddy. (But her secret is to bathe nightly in the tears of Wall Street executives.)

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

A decorated veteran of the cougar wars

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Evilweasel broke it down pretty well upthread:

When Joe Biden made those threats, he was literally trying to get the corrupt prosecutor to investigate all Ukrainian companies, including the one his son got appointed to the board of.

There was literally an intercept article saying the same thing and I’m p sure they’re not in the tank for Biden.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

obama is very stupid if he thought garland had any chance of getting through. then again he did seem delusional for a lot of his presidency in regards to bipartisanship and assorted bullshit.

In other words, it doesn’t matter who Obama would have nominated and this is just your chance to poo poo on the best president in modern history.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Prester Jane posted:

I thought negging was against the rules....

Goons saying “Bernie is the compromise candidate” while going for that kino. Establish value by RTing Chapo and remember Christman and Menaker are a two-set.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Failboattootoot posted:

I dunno about this. I've got a couple of conservative friends I've been hassling for over a decade and while they occasionally shift positions, they'll never vote liberal. At least they voted libertarian in the Trump election cycle.

Most people believe what they believe. If your bottom line for interacting with someone is “maybe they’ll change their mind” you’re probably in for a disappointment.

OTOH the problem with shunning as a political tactic is it really only stands a chance in very ideologically homogenous spaces, and even then there are lower key tactics that probably do the same or better.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Taibbi and Glenn Greenwald are the same guy.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

drat, bold move giving his crimes buddy the designated mistress ticket.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

If Anthony Hopkins has taught us anything it’s that serial killers have greater depth of personality than Trump, too.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1186669224619659269

I think this is true, and important. Trump has never had enough "approval" to get re-elected, and so he has always needed to be able to capture a bunch of the people who have no thoughts on the subject or who are 'soft disapprovers' (i.e. "boy i wish he'd say the racist stuff more quietly, but the democrats might raise my taxes!!!!!) and the more they swing against him, the less chance he has in 2020.

Yeah a big problem is we don’t know how many shy tories there still are but I bet it’s similar to 2016 in terms of his approval-to-vote-share split.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The shy trump voter thing was a myth, Nate went into this in detail a long time ago.

I hope so, but why should I not believe the same people who voted for him despite having a negative opinion once won’t do it again? If I remember right, Nate’s version has been “there was an average size polling miss” and his guess on what the miss means is still just a guess.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Which makes it so stupid how he caught more poo poo than anyone else for being “wrong” about the election. He gave Trump something like a 35% chance of winning and specifically explained that his path to victory was flipping those Midwest states by narrow margins.

It’s simple. The media doesn’t understand probability, much like his goon critics.

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 22, 2019

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Then why did he risk perjury the first time?

Because he wanted to make himself look good and people (let alone rich people) almost never get convicted of perjury.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Bubbacub posted:

I still don't understand why they pushed out Yovanovitch to do some crimes, but replaced her with another career diplomat.

They read on Breitbart or something she was helping Biden.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

The best people

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Public prisons have the same problem. The prison guard union in California was the biggest driver behind the prison boom there and the three strikes law. That was all public unions.

Private prisons are usually shittier than public ones though. Just saying rooting out all private prisons isn’t going to stop the mass incarceration problem or even put the brakes on it.

You’ve answered your own question that a private prison will be shittier. And it’s for the simple reason that they will always be looking at ways to cut costs. That’s the business model.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

KillHour posted:

They're right.

But, is this a lawful discharge of official duties?

Sounds like the sergeant at arms should disperse the crowd with tear gas just to be safe.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Dammerung posted:

That the Representatives involved were violently forcing their way into the SCIF, rather than sitting around eating pizza. The addition of the false dichotomy between a violent protest and Occupy Wall Street in his tweet does tie a pretty bow on it all.

Peaceful protest is eating pizza (and being an old white dude). Forceful protest is snapping fingers in a circle.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Retro42 posted:

Gonna suck when the next POTUS walks onto the job and can’t even find anyone who knows the codes to unlock the front door to the WH let alone a competent career staff.

We’re probably gonna find out some interesting news about the nuclear football codes when WWIII hits.

“it’s all just a bunch of 90s Playboy clippings.”

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Oct 24, 2019

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Low hanging fruit. There’s easily a half dozen onion articles featuring him or Jordan Peterson each that would write themselves

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Charlz Guybon posted:

So, that very enthusiastic to vote stat posted earlier

IIRC December 2015 was 20% D, 38% R and the actual vote percentage was 48% to 46%, with Dems winning the national vote by 2%. So, a 20% swing.

So, if that were the same in 2020, a 53% D, 56% R stat would imply a Democratic landslide, like 57% to 40%.

These are really apples and oranges. One is a share of the total vote and another is percentage of X party voters feeling enthusiastic (even though plenty of people vote without becoming fired up).

oxsnard posted:

fwiw, predictit odds for impeachment went from 70% to 78% in a couple of days. For stuff like this, moves often take place because of inside baseball activities going on in DC

Who is the 20-30 percent betting that the House will not impeach? Lord, there’s dumb money out there.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

This is like if OJ’s lawyers wrote IF I DID IT for him (and also helped him do it).

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

NewMars posted:

I feel like there's a way to get Giuliani to imprison himself while also continuing to give out valuable intel on his co-conspirators: just make his jail cell look like a TV newsroom.

Just cut out the middle man and do this for Trump but with the Gorilla Channel.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Idea for Amazon Prime political drama: A Washington frat house but for incels.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1187031280380198912?s=20

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Yeah make voters think Republicans are reasonable, really smart

Yeah it’s not like people who like Republicans will change their mind. They’ll just say Reagan was good and the libs are doing the environment wrong.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

not surprised about the other two but jesus gently caress gabbard. just run as an R you rear end in a top hat.

She’s got her eyes on that Fox panelist grifter money. They always need token “Democrats.”

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

What a loving coward he can literally shut up and tell them to sue.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

No sir, they’re not saying “boo” they’re saying “boo-ump.”

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

He’s definitely gonna schedule more rallies to compensate.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

They were definitely saying "yoooooou are the best president ever sir thank you". It's just a little hard to hear the last little bit on the video.

Fuckin beat, I see.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Did everyone already see the “beautiful” dog quote? He still doesn’t know what these creatures are... but wants to maybe have a dog pageant?

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 28, 2019

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Wylie posted:

I listened to Rush on the radio in the 90's.

Forgivable if you ignore most of the lyrics IMO.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Photographer owns the rights by default.

Her statements suggested her ex took the pictures though? Or did I misunderstand?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

oh my god you have no idea what you are doing or talking about.

The judge's ruling is only useful now that they are taking a vote. it means that there's jack the GOP can do to stop the info from being used and made public. They've been crowing over transparency for weeks. Now that they can vote on a transparent process, they will all vote no. it completely removes their transparency talking point, and makes them founder and slam on the table louder, with an even weaker position.

No you see Democrats voting on their timeline is actually a huge own by Republicans by the rules of 4d chess.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

SchrodingersCat posted:

I guarantee you the vote will be entirely on party lines and the Republicans will still pull the same poo poo.

The Republican base doesn't rely on any news sources other than Fox News, who aren't reporting honestly. The majority of Trump voters I know just spout whatever nonsense Trump has on his Twitter.

Trump is not going to get removed from office, and almost everyone who voted for him in 2016 will vote for him in 2020, and because of the gerrymandered districts and vote suppression he will again have a huge chance of winning in 2020. Don't rely on the Democratic party to change things. The only way to win in 2020 is to do everything in your power to get people who would not have voted to get out and vote against Trump. The Republican party will continue to use all the tricks they have before, including foreign influence, to win in 2020 and continue to enrich their masters and gently caress the American citizenry.

I agree with all this but also want to add impeachment is still good because it shows how illegitimate he is. It’s like booing him on national TV but stays in historic memory longer. (For similar reasons, voting against Trump is still good in “safe” blue/red states because the total popular vote count is still highly visible.)

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

like i can sympathize and to an extent empathize with being mad tthat american and most other countries love to over look horrible poo poo that they themselves have done or others have done until its convenient and that is bullshit and we should actually do more about it. but this kinda feels like bit of a galaxy brainish. idk.

It’s obviously not the real reason for the vote. Voting no or present on this stuff (or an administration vetoing) historically is as simple as not wanting to upset Turkey. So it’s misdirection to say the resolution itself is playing at geopolitics.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

If it were attention grabbing there’d be a lot more publicity than a brief “nothing to see here folks, it just wasn’t good enough” statement.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

A hired gun expert will always reach the conclusion the client wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

RuPaulblicans?

Quick tell QAnon there’s a message here.