Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I really hope we get to some mattering now. Who cares if the Turtlefuck will block it, that’s the whole point: make him show his (extremely obvious) hand, so not even the pundits can miss it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

His next public appearance is gonna be a toot.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

theflyingorc posted:

actually you'll find this exonerates him a whole lot

Dunno if insanity plea will be viable at this point.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I feel like every new crazy rear end reveal brings us one step closer to a distraction war with Iran.

“You can’t impeach a CiC during wartime!” is definitely a potential talking point.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

"Please define 'impeachable offense'?"

"Being Democrat".

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Charlz Guybon posted:

Another huge factor is that he 100% doesn't understand what the problem is and in Jr. like fashion is admitting to the crime on TV and publishing damning documents that he thinks clears him of wrong doing.

At least he kind of understood the charges of Russian collusion and thus could defend against them somewhat effectively. He clearly doesn't get what this impeachment is really about.

This is underlined by his descriptions of the conversation: “it was a perfect phone call”, what the gently caress does that even mean?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

bobjr posted:

I think there would also be a lot of incoherent screeching as a defense mechanism

He’d threaten to sue Congress for libel.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Graham is so far up his and Trump’s rear end that if Trump barged into a McDonalds, completely naked and raving about Obama Lizard Deep State President, Graham would just go “well the DEMICRATS DON’T TAKE THIS THREAT SERIOUSLY”

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

And Bruce Springsteen celebrated his 70th birthday a few days ago. 2019-70=1949. My God, that’s the same year the Soviets detonated their first nuke! This must mean...

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Will this be the week where Trump uses a slur in front of a live camera feed?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Laterite posted:

Nightmare scenario that just popped in my head:

Trump impeached and removed/resigns
Pence becomes President
Biden is Dem nominee
Pence cleans Biden's clock in the debates, exposing him as barely more sentient than Trump
Pence reelected handily

A few problems with this:

1: Trump was essentially a angry demented toddler during the debates and he still won the goddamn thing and

2: Pence is about as charming and crowd-pleasing as a fundamentalist horsefucker. He’d never be able to look good next to (technically not but comparably pleasant) Biden.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I wish America would wake up already, got a whole day of crazy crime news waiting for you!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I can’t show pictures unfortunately but I’m doing an internship at a museum and in the back catalogue they just showed me a mummy head that looked eerily like Rudy Giuliani.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Kidney Stone posted:

That explains a lot! Have you actually checked to see if the mummy is in the museum - or if it's "missing"?

It was next to a bunch of mummified crocodile babies.

Now I’m not the one to tag along the whole lizard overlord thing but... :tinfoil:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Catch 22 is unjustifiably unread today.

I'm slightly upset that I didn't recognize the reference to my favourite book of all time.

I guess I better start reading it again.

Also Trump sure know how to sound innocent: "It was very legal, you guys!"

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

mdemone posted:

I think about it quite often, despite not having reread it in the last few years.

I'd like to recommend another book by Heller called "God Knows (Go Figure)" which is a fantastic read. It's essentially the Biblical David who tells the reader his lifestory on his deathbed. It's a rare book to come by nowadays but it's absolutely fantastic, easily just as good and funny as Catch-22.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

As I've said before, the longer this drags out, the bigger are the risks that Trump starts a new forever-war in the Middle East.

"You can't inpeach a CiC at war!"

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Retro42 posted:

Wife and I are torn between him dropping some horrific immigration rule today or him making threats at Iran.

Comedy option would be him bringing back Alabama's hurricane warning again.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Any speculation on particular defense strategies from GOP has to take into consideration that this is just the beginning; we’ll have much more juicy stuff dripping out into the newsfeed for the foreseeable future, and beyond that, there’s Trump himself. In between these panic tweets of his he’s likely to try something unspeakably stupid.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

OB_Juan posted:

Rudy in front of an impeachment hearing will be loving amazing. A++ take-a-day-off-to-watch-it tv.

He’s the only lawyer who could plead the 5th and spill the beans in the same breath.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Zotix posted:

An actual conflict with Iran seems increasingly likely at this point.

They did drop a report about chemical weapon use in Syria today so I guess a rerun on that thing could do it as well.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Gatts posted:

Pay cat tax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcFijm0G9Qg

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I won’t be able to check in on this thread while at work so please no multi page detail while I’m gone, if I see a bazillion new posts waiting for me I want them to be about White House fuckups tia.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

bobjr posted:

Also could there be the chance he didn’t think it would be this bad? Like Trump told him the tape was totally okay, so he figured to release it to show it was nothin, when it really wasn’t.

“Well if he thinks it’s not too bad to release then I’m sure it’s nothing. I know he’s a barely functioning toddler-vegetable but surely he can’t be...THAT dumb?”

And he was.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

"My own money, as given to me from the Trumps".

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Rime posted:

The best part of being on the west coast is being able to shovel insanity into my face from the moment I wake up, because dementiaprez has already been ranting for hours by that point. :allears:

You lucky bastard. I’m at least 6 hours ahead of American goons so first half of the day is just slow moving derails and no new crazy news until way into the afternoon.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

“We must question what kind of agenda the witness to the obvious crime that the accused has openly given out damning evidence may have”.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

LoL the judge will be pissed I’m sure.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Faustian Bargain posted:

This map isn't even accurate. Washoe county in Nevada went blue.

They’re slowly laying the groundwork for 2020 when they’ll claim a record-breaking 53 states went entirely red!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The first time I ever saw Lindsay Graham was when he was guesting The Daily Show, playing pool and stressing the point what a crook Trump was and that he’d never vote for him.

I kind of wish that’d be mentioned every time he slurps up the big baby’s dogshit.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I can see it being both dirt (because Republican) and him being a hypocritical, opportunistic asshat (because Republican).

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I’m telling you, before Christmas we’ll have him use a slur on live television.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Next week they announce the Nobel Laureates of 2019 and I really hope Greta gets the peace prize, just for that sweet, sweet twitter rage from big dum dum.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/nachosarah/status/1179852378314612736?s=21

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Sounds like Erdogan is a fan of The Shining.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The presidential debates is gonna be a massacre regardless of who he is challenged by. His staff will likely fight tooth and nail to prevent him from participating but that would make the big fat baby look weak so he’ll show up, sniff a whole bunch and incriminate himself on live television.

I’ve already brought up the prediction of him using a slur openly before the year is over. Here’s another one: he’ll threaten a presidential candidate with imprisonment on live television next year.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

So I guess today is the day when the President of the United States will start tweeting about dicks.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

When Trump don’t get the Nobel Peace Prize tomorrow and starts bitching about it, the optics are gonna be fantastic.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Remember, Trump think they’re literally invisible.

He was probably thinking they’d offer Turkey plausible deniability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

It’s when Thunberg gets it next year that the chud tears will really start flowing.

It’s a good pick regardless.