Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its weird because i didn't think he would lose his poo poo THIS FAST.

He had that particular video prepared and ready to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

evilweasel posted:

the correct response to someone parroting trumps lies on this is actually not to agree with them FYI

No lie in "Biden loving sucks".

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

There's a reason the Joint Chiefs of Staff made a pact to ignore nuclear launch orders.

The ones who are mostly not in office anymore?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

They picked the least bad "transcript" to release.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bernie Sanders . . . !!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lol things are happening really fast now after three years of Democrats dragging their feet

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Paradoxish posted:

But it's not perfect. This is what I'm still not understanding. What could possibly be on the original transcript? The transcript we got is wildly damning. It is the smoking gun.

It's also not a transcript, don't fall for the Republican framing

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Just post in this thread Peter, you don't have to tweet about it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

AhhYes posted:

Apparently there's no fuller transcript according to Ron Johnson. Whatever that's worth.

Ron Johnson is dumber than a sack of dirt

And this isn't even me trying to insult him. It's a fact. He's widely known as one of the dumbest people in the entire Senate

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bread Set Jettison posted:

A sane person would resign asap.

He is not sane.

Resigning opens him and his family to even more thorough investigation without the faint possibility of the Republicans / executive privilege covering for him.

He's stuck.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kill Bristol posted:

Yes. The dictator’s dilemma (gotta hold on to power or I’m hosed) is a well known thing in comparative politics. It’s distasteful but the best thing to do is probably to offer him some kind of tacit agreement that if he steps down he’ll be free from serious jail time.

Absolutely not. We let W get off scot-free. I want my loving scalp.

If there's to be any hope for this planet for this century, we must have severe consequences for everyone who got us to where we are.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

cr0y posted:

So this isnt a joke, does anyone else have a "he looks like hes on LSD or psilocybin" vibe? I cant put my finger on it but jesus the main players in this thing have this general detached from reality vibe that is really sketching me out.

Ya i know they are all just stupid but jesus.

This is what it looks like for sane people to interact with brain rot.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This person is 79 years old and American media is still groveling and worshiping her

Imagine if we had a government led by 30-40-year-olds like a normal, non-diseased, non-zombified society

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm going to be mad if he strokes out.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bread Set Jettison posted:

It’s so funny that one of the reasons this report is sticking more than the mueller report because it’s like 7 pages instead of 300.

And the whistleblower put this together in like 5 weeks instead of loving 2 years.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I'm pissed about all the loving months pelosi sat around doing nothing at all to provide opposition to child concentration camps. Her finally being forced into doing the absolute minimum does not suddenly offset her quisling bullshit

Children are being raped and tortured, with some of them dying, RIGHT NOW in these camps! And it's been completely swept under the rug in large part because Obama started the camps.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It is explicitly legal for members of Congress to insider trade, and if you think a person with an investment banker spouse is too noble to take advantage of that, then you're exactly the type of gullible peon that reflexively defends people like Pelosi.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

skylined! posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh because if they win the primary they're going to need Biden voters, who they likely won't then get..?!?! Because everyone that isn't Biden is trying to swing people currently on Team Biden to come to their team?

Come on.

"Corruption is OK if you need the votes." - President Donald J. Trump.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Crackbone posted:

Congrats, you’ve discovered that rich well connected people get tons of special treatment.

Has fuckall to do with Trump committing crimes.

While it's extremely important to get Trump out, it's also extremely important to remember that he's a symptom, not a cause. Attacking the cause means some of your, ahem, "faves" are gonna be implicated.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If they weren’t so goddamn stupid and didn’t release that transcript they might be able to withstand the storm. But lol they voluntarily released the smoking gun.

Supposedly they did it on legal advice or something like that. I wonder whose advice it was?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hiro Protagonist posted:

What I'm amazed by is the fact that every Republican counter thus far has been something that will be resolved in a week or less. "We don't know who this whistleblower is?" They're going to testify this week. "It's hearsay." We'll likely get the transcript this week. Like, I'm not surprised that the Republicans can't long-term plan for poo poo, but every talking point is going to be resolved the moment the actual investigation gets rolling. What will they have after that?

They're trying to stall and hoping for something else to take over the news cycle just like has happened every single time with Trump for the past four (!) years and change.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lucania posted:

Was this posted? Let's see which congresswomen CNN considers the leaders on impeachment:

https://twitter.com/CNNnewsroom/status/1177968132188774400?s=19

Hrm.

Lmao what a blatant puff piece to inflate some nobodies because the establishment is terrified of the Squad. "Badasses", seriously?

Dammerung posted:

Wait, what? I'm not trying to downplay their achievements, but it seems like a few alternative names would come to mind first.

No poo poo lol, that article is such a naked example of white supremacy. All the credit goes to the CIA and military officers who dragged their heels on impeachment and not to AOC or Maxine Waters or any of the people who were calling for impeachment immediately.

Crowning the cowards who waited as long as possible to sign onto impeachment as "leaders" is Democrat as gently caress.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Paradoxish posted:

"I don't care who has the headlines," Spanberger responded. "I care about the legislation that we prioritize and I don't think any of us want to be the loudest voice in the room. I just want to be one of the most effective."

Quite the coded racism right there from Spanberger -- no surprise from the CIA officer.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

bird cooch posted:

I'm sure it's not incredibly surprising that people are easily baited all across the internet.

You seem to be operating from the position that CNN is working a giant brain genius operation to cynically farm clicks, instead of this just being exactly what it looks like on its surface: the mainstream media manufacturing pushback against and minimization of nonwhite politicians.

And if there's anything the Trump era has taught me, it's that everything is exactly what it looks like.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

bird cooch posted:

If you don't think that online news is anything other than massive click farming for profit, I don't even know where to begin to inform you.

Is this what they call "radical centrism"?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I think there's a large (and easily discerned) difference between You Won't BELIEVE What This Congressional Politician Has To Say About Impeachment type articles purposed for maximum ad impressions, and that article we've been discussing which is a fawning puff piece and giant dog whistle for how these white women are more reasonable, more effective, and easier to work with than these darn loudmouths.

Conflating the two is shallow cynicism employed to avoid serious engagement with the state of our national discourse.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Get the Saudi Arabia logs.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fool_of_sound posted:

Does anyone remember back to the distant past, when Trump...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The federal government has placed the whisteblower under witness protection from... the President.

And the President is threatening civil war on Twitter.

Civil War!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

bigperm posted:

If he's this salty now, wait until this impeachment poo poo actually gets going.

The scenario I absolutely want to see is Trump being ordered to testify before Congress.

He will refuse.

At that point, will Congress physically compel him into the room? Hold him in contempt? The possibilities are all so magical.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

You'd think they'd want him in TV as much as possible.

Lol, yes, demand and insist that Giuliani shut up about the Bidens, that definitely will calm people's suspicions of something going on.

ryde posted:

Biden doing that is a very bad look and just another reason he's a poo poo candidate.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Data Graham posted:

Has Trump ever been on the stand?

As a private citizen, yes, there's a bunch of video of him from the 80s and 90s.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Will no one remember what we woulda done in the old days with turbulent priests?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It'll hurt, but we can fix it. There's, however, only one person running for 2020 with the vision and the drive to fix it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Aramis posted:

A thought just came to mind:

Once the Trump ship starts really sinking, there might be a point where Wohl, O'keefe, or another similar con artist make a real attempt at baiting Trump and/or his admin in an effort to come out of this mess as a hero. One can always dream, right?

I'm not sure I'd be "dreaming" about Wohl et al trying to redeem themselves, especially considering they never will.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Zotix posted:

Anyone else feel like Moscow Mitch sees the writing on the table at this point and almost wants to get the impeachment over so that if need be they can get an actual strong Republican candidate on the ticket instead of those that are primarying Trump right now. With Mitch allowing schumers resolution to go through last week with no objection, and then today saying he'd allow an impeachment trial to commence without objection. It almost is as if he knows this info is pretty damning and he's all for getting Trump out, letting whomever takeover for 12 months(Pence or Pelosi) and then getting a real RNC backed candidate up front and center to rival the Dems starting at the beginning of the year.

Probably not.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

skylined! posted:

Coming out and saying that he's definitely guilty and a big criminal before the actual investigation is concluded delegitimizes the process, and the entire dem caucus has been pretty weary of delegitimizing any government process because their counterparts are doing exactly that.

Like, if you listened to her objectively it's pretty obvious what she's trying to do. It's fine to disagree with it but the insistence on just outright misrepresenting her itt is weird.

For someone complaining about people not being objective, you aren't being objective. Your default position for the past year has been "Nancy Pelosi good, wise genius", and that's the starting point at which you evaluate everything involving her. It's impossible to take you seriously.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

There is also objective proof, without any need for investigation, that Trump has done dozens upon dozens of crimes. He does them in the open! Right before our eyes!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Nancy Pelosi. Her politicking is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of political theory most of her maneuvers will go right above a typical peon's head.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

dr_rat posted:

I mean shes been in politics forever, so it's actually quite possibly she is doing a lot of behind the scenes extremely subtle politicking, that people who haven't spent decades in beltway politics wouldn't get at all, wouldn't mean it all it couldn't all be spineless crap extremely subtle politicking, working towards a spineless crap outcome.

Being able to make something well and actually making something well are two very different things.

The true Pelosi fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these maneuvers, to realise that they're not just funny - they say something deep about American governance. As a consequence people who dislike Nancy Pelosi truly ARE idiots.

And yes, by the way, I DO have a Nancy Pelosi tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only - and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎