Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OAquinas posted:

gently caress ICE.

Today will be a day long remembered--it seen the death of dithering...it may soon see the end of Trump.

Wish I could be that optimistic, but it's going to be a big day of political clownery for drat sure

Just gently caress my poo poo up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Residency Evil posted:

Please let today be a good day.

It already is for UKPOL

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Looking forward to all my Irish bartender friends illegally overstaying visas in NYC getting deported to ...*checks notes*... San Salvador

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

I can see why Trump team is trying to get out in front of this.

Also, I'm totally down with Biden getting continuously shat on in a very public forum, as long as there's an equal amount of making GBS threads on Trump

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

lmao that the most positive spin they have is "he reads really slowly"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

missing 2 words

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
"Tomorrow Belongs To Me"

- Donald john Trump, as a young boy dressed in lederhosen

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

No Safe Word posted:

buh? there have been multiple successful impeachments

No need to be obtuse, you should know well that this is one of the most common misconceptions in armchair politicking. Tbf people should really say "impeach and convict" because that's what they almost always mean

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
lol I just heard the actual soundbite from Trump's UN speech on the evening news, and the stupid rear end in a top hat pronounces "patri-OT" even weirder than he does "in-DUS-try"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
5 tweets from the fatberg mind of John Barron Harkonnen in the last hour. I'm predicting 15+ before his nappy nap

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1176819645699043328?s=19

The Democrats are frozen and can do nothing, and also the horrible Things they are constantly doing must be stopped!!!!

Today's edition of :umberto:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

theflyingorc posted:

WaPo's headline says "Rough transcript shows Trump offered U.S. help with Biden inquiry"

I like "Rough Transcript" as a descriptor, and everything else is true. A Good Headline.

Yeah it's a shame that the general public wouldn't really know what a "readout" is, but given that, this is a pretty ok headline from a terrible paper

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

drat Matt, I'm already Bernie Bro'ing out, but don't tease me like this

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

pacerhimself posted:

Yes, recall is a function in Outlook but it's largely garbage and reliant on client cooperation.

It works for my work internal mail server, for mails to other timezones where they might be offline. Otherwise, lol you dun goofed

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

evilweasel posted:

at my work even if someone else at my firm sends the recall notice, it doesn't work unless i open the recall notice before i open the email sought to be recalled. it also doesn't work unless you open the recall notice.

as you may imagine, everyone who sees a recall notice immediately goes and opens up the original email, which is why we are specifically advised not to do it

This is exactly what I realised after I emailed my lunch order to everyone in my office.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Thanks Nate

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1176900396448722944?s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

eke out posted:

the committees do

it's not supposed to be released publicly (maybe it will be, but the law certainly doesn't call for that)

Neither was the piss tape, but I've been seeding a torrent of that for a month

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lol Rep Mike Quigley on CNN who just read the whistleblower report "This is the political equivalent of shooting someone on 5th Avenue"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Groovelord Neato posted:

he was one of the biggest hillary partisans (he made a stupid fact check site called verrit) and one of the few that actually learned from his mistake after the loss.

I'm going to need a verritt code before I can process this as a fact, I'm afraid

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Neo Rasa posted:

I'm thinking something like Birdman but fully POV the entire time, just a whirlind of a silent Trump from his POV stumbling around gesticulating as folks around him react/respond as if he's talking.

It could be basically exactly like the Smack My Bitch Up video, you wouldnt have to change much

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Trump was a hotty the entire time!?!? What a twist!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

lmao the loving-it-up begins

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

:tif:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Cacator posted:

The best idea I've read is that you just don't bother to depict Trump at all because no portrayal will ever live up to the real thing. You cast everyone else with professional actors playing Jared, Ivanka, Bannon, etc. but Trump is always offscreen and never heard and everyone else is just flailing around in the shitstorm in response to him.

This was the original concept for the West Wing I believe until they got Martin Sheen. So it could be Nazi West Wing which would be p cool

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The lack of definite article.and poor adjectival use makes him sound more Ukrainian than the Ukrainian guy

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

They seem to be doing a lot at the moment tho? Not sure whether this tweet deserves a Pinocchio

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Basically Trump's recollection of any of his prior conversations is a little something like

So it shouldn't be surprising that he finds an accurate recounting of his call to be jarring and disturbing

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

If a majority of a population speaking a language doesn't know how a feature of the language works, that isn't how the language works, it's just how some institution decided it should work but has failed to implement.

What's your point? Most people know what a hyphen is

(Even if they can't distinguish an emdash from a hyphen)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Groovelord Neato posted:

so does the president think he's writing l'il but he's an idiot so writes it sorta phonetically but remembers that there's supposed to a hyphen in there and tosses it at the end?

Li'l

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Groovelord Neato posted:

gently caress i put the hyphen in the wrong spot too..

I know you're just baiting me here but it's surprisingly aggravating gj

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TulliusCicero posted:

Lol can you imagine Trump trying to beat up anyone ever? :allears:

I can imagine him beating up sex-trafficked kids or a crying spouse fairly easily. Also that time he slapped the poo poo out of his son for...not wearing a suit to a basketball game

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mooseontheloose posted:

And President Pence pardons the Trump family if Trump dies in office.

For the eight trillionth time, only federal charges can be pardoned by the President

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
A fair point

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1177586341619609600?s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

:ocelot: . That is all

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

RuanGacho posted:

If true, it could send shock waves through this whole thing if Donny thinks the Turtle is betraying him.

Whether or not it's true, Democrats should be pushing this message to try and drive a firm wedge between Trump and the Senate prior to any vote

E:
https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1177756104455053314?s=19
https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1177766157643853824?s=19

C'mon Ryan give us the goods

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Sep 28, 2019

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

buddhist nudist posted:

What's the over-under on Cremshaw's pirate affectation covering a perfectly functional eye?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dammerung posted:

It's hard to remember it all sometimes.

EDIT: I'm sorry if I'm about to come off as lazy, but I definitely would want to see a list of everything which has been cut, reduced, or decimated by the Trump administration.

*gestures at all of Washington DC*

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Craig K posted:

still amazed that donald trump managed to gently caress up a place where people voluntarily give you shitloads of money and in return occasionally expect to win a portion of it back

multiple times

Thought you were talking about emoluments at first

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Silly Burrito posted:

These are starting to get really repetitive. I wonder if someone has just created a macro for him that lets him push a button or two and it creates a tweet from his greatest hits.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM THE TWEET BUTTON ON MY PHONE. ITS "PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!!!" AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTERS ON THE GORILLA CHANNEL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

BabyFur Denny posted:

I know you Americans are not that good on European geography, but there really is only one Rubicon in Italy. Not 900 or however many Trump apparently already crossed at this point.

You could criss-cross it back and forth, sporadically attacking your own army in confusion. Pretty good Trump analogy really