Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Watch the Democrats grow a spine then get real bold only to have Trump die on the shitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/Matthew_Shadle/status/1176476040211906562

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

NewMars posted:

Rudy's gonna end up in a car trunk at the bottom of the Hudson.

If we're lucky.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Some main thoughts on this:

1) Trump broke one of the cardinal rules of doing crimes, 'don't break the law in any way that the average person will understand.' The Ukraine poo poo can be summed up clearly in a ten word sentence and is visibly, ridiculously unethical. On top of that, the coverup was illegal and, worse still, utterly ineffectual. As far as committing crimes and getting away with them goes, those are both cardinal sins.

Reminder that whatever the specifics were, they were so bad that a Trump appointee filed the highest level of whistleblower complaint possible and the DNI and the assistant DNI resigned over it. Word in the senate right now is probably that you don't want to end up on the wrong side of this wildly incompetent and politically toxic coverup

This is from a bit back but I think you're right about this. I also think because this is so easily understandable, that now people will start to get what the Mueller Report was about and that if he is guilty / guilty looking with this Ukraine business then the average person will get that he definitely did the same with Russia.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
I accidentally closed a bunch of tabs but one of them had something about how the timeline with the Biden + Ukraine situation, as the Republicans are presenting it, doesn't even match up. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If so what is it and is it credible?

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

OddObserver posted:

https://www.rferl.org/amp/why-was-ukraine-top-prosecutor-fired-viktor-shokin/30181445.html?__twitter_impression=true

It's from one of the better Western journalists that cover Ukraine (and who has covered the country for 5+ years ---- some of the recent stores are from people who haven't so are really clueless about sources).

Cool, thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Tatsuta Age posted:

popehat's retweeting some guy melting down hard about how hosed up it is that... somebody got caught doing racist tweets in the past

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1176848192740065280

dunno why

My guess is he's melting down because people take some media folks digging through his history and a corporation doing PR as "cancel culture" or whatever.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

theflyingorc posted:

President insane, so what?

edit: Seriously, holy poo poo, the president is completely out of he gotdamn mind

Is it him being sundowning and/or is he saying they need to "find" the server he's looking for.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Can Barr please get rolled up in this since it's obvious Trump is telling them that Barr is looking to cooperate?

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
How hilarious is it that this is all over Biden who is basically a conservative.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
who knew starting a new USPOL thread would cause all this

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Paradoxish posted:

This is all moving absurdly fast. Like, holy poo poo. Some of this has to be intentional to prevent the GOP from getting their ducks in a row and developing a cohesive response.

I think it's been like this for awhile it's just that the public hasn't really thought Trump would be held to account. Now that it looks like he will, it gives everything about this scandal and all these other scandals coming out some teeth. The GOP can't handle actual scandal for long or under great pressure because they have no real moral convictions. They don't believe in themselves, they don't believe in others, they don't believe in this country.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

He really, really is. Not just him but so many politicians have shown their asses during this whole presidency. I really hope enough people understand we are governed by morons who aren't crafty they are just bold because they are stupid and opportunistic, and I'm not just talking about Republicans.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Kill Bristol posted:

It actually feels like these dead gay forums are having something of a renaissance (didn’t lowtax say bandwidth costs were actually going up?), and my pet theory is that mobile devices have finally gotten good enough that you can easily use the forums/post from them, which was the initial reason people left here for twitter and thereabouts.

I've been speculating for awhile that people will move back to moderated forums and sites like LiveJournal (if it hadn't been sold) as we become more disillusioned with social media and such. Facebook is only alive right now because people forget Evite exists and are too lazy to set actual birthday reminders, twitter will probably still see enough use but only as a means to link to your blogs / forums. We're basically going to retreat back into our walled gardens for the most part.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

https://twitter.com/TWIT_ANTHONY/status/1177178082677071877

What is going on with these tweets???

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Kill Bristol posted:

Any new polling? I fear that we are in our leftist bubble here, chuckling about how hosed Trump is while the average public doesn't care or for whatever stupid loving reason likes him more because of this. Would be good to get some numbers.

I wonder that too but it actually seems to be for real, and I think will only pass if the Democrats let up on him, and they can't overlook his bullshit this time. The Democrats are willing to work through recess and the same GOP excuses don't look like they'll hold like they did with Mueller. Someone earlier mentioned that Trump is easy to launder when he keeps his poo poo brief and mostly online but if he continues to have public meltdowns along with Guiliani then just enough Republicans might get shook just enough for us to roll over that dumb piece of poo poo.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

No she was playing the long con waiting for the inevitable *checks notes* CIA coup of the President.

The whistleblower handed impeachment to her on a loving platter, and she still probably would have dragged her heels if Trump hadn't also gone on TV and admitted all the crimes as well.

If anything she's barricaded in her office trying to brainstorm some way - any way at all - to still gently caress this up.

She can't have people attacking another establish Democrat or their family members in the way Trump has been but the longer this draws out the worse it makes Biden look so she's between a rock and a hard place.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
i like to pretend that Giuliani just showed up one day then just doesn't leave but Trump is too much of a coward to tell him to go.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Herstory Begins Now posted:

The weird thing about the trump giuliani axis of crime is that trump apparently loves what giuliani is doing and thinks it is perfect and has for months now. poo poo he's probably explicitly directing it, but until we get rudy's phone subpoenaed we won't know for sure. There's almost no way he isn't telling rudy to go on the offensive and to burn anyone who doesn't defend him blindly

they really are two peas in a pod huh?

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1177758948641968128

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

A whistleblower uncovered poo poo Super Cop Mueller couldn't squeeze out of some bootlickers.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

RasperFat posted:

Lol if you’re still in denial that Mueller was tanking the investigation into Trump.

There’s been obvious, out in the open criming multiple times a week from Trump.

Mueller spent 2 full years “investigating” and refused to give any direct quotes about Trump being a criminal.

Less than a week into impeachment investigations starting, and even more super obvious Russia collusion poo poo comes out.

Mueller needs to be subpoenaed and possibly face trial for corruption/obstructing justice himself.

It's just so... loving embarrassing. I mean yes, the Democrats could have impeached just off the Mueller investigation (not to mention a million other things) or deployed a better strategy regarding it but to have a whistleblower and a bunch of reporters show just how badly you dropped the ball when you were praised up and down by everyone as being patriotic and dutiful is just... He was so hostile during his testimony, would refuse to answer questions, and his report was ultimately "Welp, we got obstructed! Oh well! The REAL problem is the Russians are all up in our elections!" Like how can anyone argue that these people have their poo poo together or that the FBI are The Best of The Best?

thin blue whine fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 29, 2019

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

RasperFat posted:

It’s so silly that Mueller hamstrung himself by refusing to look into any Trump financials.

It’s incredibly silly that he never pushed for Trump to have to actually be interviewed, letting his lawyers submit written responses instead.

It’s unbelievably silly that Mueller “stayed above politics” by refusing to give clear and concise answers about Trump’s criminal activity.

It’s just a silly, silly world. And I’m such a silly person for thinking this career authoritarian with a history of protecting Republican presidents from consequences of their crimes could possibly have protected an authoritarian Republican President again.

Yes, exactly this.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

FlamingLiberal posted:

This was a quote from that interview that I facepalmed at-

https://twitter.com/TexasTribAbby/status/1178118959067013121

jesus loving christ.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Slowpoke! posted:

https://sparktoro.com/blog/we-analyzed-every-twitter-account-following-donald-trump-61-are-bots-spam-inactive-or-propaganda/

This person thinks 61% of Trump followers are bots.

Would explain how some tweets get boosted while others don’t.

Also this article claims that due to the ease in which they are able to identify bots using external software, that Twitter must be willfully misleading shareholders by refusing to crack down on bots for real and letting their user numbers remain inflated. Keep in mind that Twitter should have a lot more info on its users using internal software, so it should be easier to spot bots.

i wonder what percentage of his bots signal boost him. i'd imagine most if not all of them, which makes me wonder how many non-bot followers are real that specifically don't retweet or like tweets, you know anywhere from leftists to boomers that agree with him but don't bother to like or retweet his stuff. that would mean most of his signal boosting isn't real.

e: this math doesn't check out but i'm sure a lot of his signal boost is fake as gently caress anyway.

thin blue whine fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Sep 29, 2019

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

We've reached Pissbaby Tantrum Level Ten.

Good.

Oh no, my friend. This is only Pissbaby Trantrum Level Five, we still have a ways to go until Ten.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Bakanogami posted:

So considering that any committee they sit the whistleblower down in front of is going to have Republicans on it, what are the chances that as soon as he testifies one of them quietly passes the name on to Trump and he just loving tweets it out

1000%

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
So Barr, Pompeo et all are basically trying to get anyone official to stand with them to create a credible counter narrative right?

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks they're trying to get in touch with some other far right fascists to see what the next move is. I really have believed, since the news about Cambridge Analytica dropped that there is a collaborative effort (and not just the usual passive one where their interests happen to be the same so they don't need to coordinate) to try and undermine what's left of democracy in the west, and other countries, for their own benefit, and so the oligarchs and fascists tried to close ranks on us. I don't think billionaires and fascists are all that bright, so I'm not claiming it's some James Bond Movie Villain Cabal, but I do think they tried and they are still likely actively trying to figure out what to do after realizing they put their hopes on the likes of Donald Trump and Boris Johnson.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Charlz Guybon posted:

Just 1% flips the election.

We don't even need to convince CHUDs, just those who don't usually vote, didn't vote last time, or have just come into voting age. Like, who cares if he is turning off Republicans because it's likely he's turning off moderates.

thin blue whine fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Oct 1, 2019

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

RandomBlue posted:

At least I'm not a boomer.

the only thing our generation really has going for us

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Gen x, boomer millennial... are not actual things friends. No real science supports the distinctions. They’re mostly made up by bad journalists to pretend there is some deep similarities depending on birth year, to write headline which sells, and now taken over by management consultants to sell new made up bullshit to dumb CEOs.

There aren’t any deep similarities based on birth year. It’s other things; geography, societal structure, class, race, changes in technology, changes in culture etc. and it loses all meaning when described as ‘generation’. It’s one of those things which makes intuitive sense, like race science used to for a lot of people, but it’s not because it’s actually valid, it’s because it supports your own preferences and rooted biases. Using the generational concept and pretending it’s a meaningful category and can be used to explain something/anything, is inherently reductionist, produces a catastrophic lack of nuance, and also perpetuate myths about people which leads to bigotry and feeling insecure and outside, social anxiety etc. For example, if you don’t fit into the categories the morons at Pew Institute came up with and presented as reality in order to sell more of their product, you might end up thinking that something is wrong with you, especially as idiotic journalists keep producing novelty articles about how all millennials are like this, and how that’s different from the new generation spaceforce and so on and so on.

shut up, boomer

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Even JJ McNab is saying most these militias are basically fundraising with all the civil war talk.

Personally, I'm not worried about an armed insurrection from the militias, I'm more worried about so-called "lone wolf actors" and Nazis trying to mass murder people in an attempt to create another "kristallnacht" that they seem to get wet about. However, I'm not even really worried about that since this doesn't directly involve immigrants or minorities, it's mostly about Trump being a moron.

What I'm saying is no one panic yet but maybe also don't let your guard down lol

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Willo567 posted:

Have people forgotten about all of those threats he made to Iran, North Korea, Afghanistan and Syria?

This isn't shocking. Especially with how deep in poo poo he's in.

Dipshit won't do poo poo

He was screaming "WHY HASN'T SOMEONE ARRESTED SCHIFF?" when he has to be the one to directly call for it, but he won't do it. He's trying to goad others into something so yeah, he won't do poo poo but piss and moan really loudly, it's just we have to start worrying when someone who actually listens to him starts going, "I have to be the one to do something."

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Tuff Scrote posted:

No source and is likely BS, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

https://twitter.com/donwinslow/status/1179138038464540674?s=21

what are the chances Graham is starting this rumor so he has an out

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
some levity while our Beautiful Perfect President is under siege by the far left, sleepy joe biden and AOC plus 3 etc

https://twitter.com/Diaspora_7/status/1179121309470593024

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Charlz Guybon posted:

Should I know who this?

are you telling me that you're... clueless?

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

empty whippet box posted:

Why would they try to hedge like this about it though? I'm sure that's the plan, but shouldn't they be full on "yeah sure we're gonna do everything right, of course!"? They're pretty much openly admitting that they will be destroying evidence here.

Because if the lawyer is the one lying here it's their rear end too and they probably are willing to do as much as this but not jump on any grenades.

e:^

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Charlz Guybon posted:

Don't want this to get lost on the last page.

It's pretty crazy

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1179714324857856000

I used to laugh at the thought that Trump is being blackmailed by some individual or foreign government, but after seeing how all these people are acting, they're so greedy, corrupt, and not only are they stupid but they really think everyone is just dumb as gently caress and will fall in line with them. Like, if you're that dumb you have to have walked face first into some honeypot or other intelligence trap right? I'm not saying that they're acting this way because they're being blackmail it's more that they're so stupid they had to have become compromised.

This is mostly a joke.

thin blue whine fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Oct 3, 2019

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1179740913771405313

Delete your Facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

TyrantWD posted:

Nothing is going to turn Republicans. Trump could be making deals with Iran and Hezbollah to manufacture dirt on Bernie, and we could have audio and video confirmation, and they would still back him.

Siding with Trump is an all or nothing deal. You get no credit or support for walking it back since you have supported so many indefensible things already, so your only choice is to ride it out to whatever end (unless you are willing to give up politics and retire).

Some may change their mind. I think every new scandal or episode may shake a few people loose but it's unlikely to crumble the Republican party. The Republican body is insane and corrupt. It isn't rationale, and Trump can't really do anything wrong or corrupt to his base. Any call to investigate Warren will be seen as the Democrats and Leftists are ACTUALLY this corrupt, it will validate what they say loudly and what some of them quietly think, that they are righteous in their beliefs and anyone who challenges their ideals or is in opposition to them are part of a deep, evil, widespread conspiracy.

Rex-Goliath posted:

in hearts they call this strategy, 'shooting the moon'

Yeah, also this. They're going all in.

e: To talk about this more, this worries me. I'm worried this narrative may have found some footing after signaling to China what he wants and China responding. He's basically opened the door for corrupt governments and foreign powers to fabricate evidence against Americans which he will then use as justification for... whatever he wants and this could, actually create a fracture that we can't solve with anything but violence.

If China laughs it off it could burn out quickly but who knows if another Government will see an opportunity in giving Trump what he wants without any prompting.

thin blue whine fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 4, 2019