Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
This makes Trump unhappy, so by definition it is good, regardless of what else comes of it.

Eat poo poo forever you rotting Nazi pumpkin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

ManBoyChef posted:

this shows once again that trump doesnt understand

Fixed

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

cr0y posted:

Lordy imagine if Trump was. competent.

I am seriously waiting to hear they they released the "wrong" transcript ie the one that wasnt doctored.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Same. It's loving incredible. Also lmao.

It's impressive how far you can fall from "stupidest prick we've ever seen" to whatever the hell THIS is.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

hobbez posted:

Such anger and animosity.

Gotta love the classics.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

hobbez posted:

I can be convinced I’m incorrect

hobbez posted:

And, I mean, I don’t want to go “but BIDEN”, but wasn’t his involvement in the firing of the prosecutor a little sketchy? Didn’t it directly benefit Hunter?

OK, waiting for you to recant on this since it's been clearly disproved multiple times already.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

evilweasel posted:

he seems really mad that he went to all the effort to merely imply the threat and people aren't letting him off the hook as a result

This was supposedly the LEAST HARMFUL thing he could release about this :laffo:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

The Bloop posted:

Acquittal is the best case scenario we can hope for.

I hesitate to even put this thought into the world in writing but if McConnell et al were as savvy as they'd like to think, they might Ax trump immediately in an impeachment.

Now, everyone, you trump-hating centrists, gather 'round and circle the wagons for President Pence, we need to show him our American solidarity in this difficult time. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. He was always the steady hand on the wheel keeping Trump's excesses in line. The dignified return to normalcy. Jesus wants you to vote for him. Oh, and we can have an incumbent president on the ballot in 2020 AND 2024 because yes folks, he can be re-elected twice. All hail 10-year president Pence!

gently caress

Much better that an embarrassed, petulant Trump stays in office for an extra year and the Republicans look like unreasonable crooks that put party before country.

:jerkbag:

Pence is actually an extremely inept politician, who joined the ticket because he was being run out of Indiana on a rail. This in spite of the fact that Indiana is basically every bad stereotype about the Deep South, but with cold weather, shittier food and higher KKK membership.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

The Bloop posted:

Surprisingly, most lower income Americans that Dems will need in the election do not follow Indiana politics and never heard of Mike Pence until he was VP

The point is that Pence is so incompetent that he had 40% approval as a Republican in this place:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Nail Rat posted:

What the gently caress. You're already taking a shot at him. Take your best shot.

This strategy only makes sense if they think the Ukraine evidence is both fantastically good, and not something Trump can meaningfully obstruct. If it looks like everything else can drag on indefinitely, and you've got an ace in the hole you think is a :owned: all by itself, I guess there's no reason to wait on the other poo poo.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

There's a small handful of Fox News personalities who aren't complete boot lickers. Unsure if Napolitano is one of them.

Also sometimes they spaz for a day, and then the next morning have the standard GOP talking points sorted out.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

eke out posted:

im having trouble following evilweasel;s posts because the avatar is changing every four minutes due to so many people still holding a grudge lol

:signings: should be renamed :lowtax: at this rate lmao

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

Everyone is glad evilweasel is back, but here I am slaving away in the posting mines every single day for yall and no one gives me any credit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGKNaIXtBZQ

Veteran of the AV Wars

You see me now, a veteran of a thousand AV wars
I've been livin' on the edge so long where the winds of modding roar
And I'm young enough to look at and far too goon to see
All the scars are on my rap sheet...
I'm not sure that there's anything left to me

Don't let these posts go on
It's time we had a break from it
It's time we had some probe
We've been livin' in the flames
We've been eatin' up our bans
Oh, please, don't let these posts go on

You ask me why I'm weary, why I can't post at you
You blame me for my ignore, say it's time I changed and grew
But the war's still going on, dear, and there's no end that I know
And I can't say if we're ever...
I can't say if we're ever gonna agree

It's time we had some probe
We've been living in the flames
We've been eating up our bans

You see me now, a veteran of a thousand AV wars
My battery's spent at last and my iphone is destroyed
I have used up all my shitposts and I'm helpless and bereaved
Bans are all I'm made of...
Did I hear you say that this is victory?

Send me to the rear
Where the mods of madness swell
And been sliding into hell

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

eke out posted:

you can open the image in chrome and just change the final number to see old avs (e.g. if it's currently 13, 01-12 should be the previous avs). won't show text tho

I've done that before, but now it shows mine ending in 02 even though I've had a ton of the things? :iiam:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

To steal a phrase, I don't know if this is the beginning of the end, but it sure seems like the end of the beginning. :stare:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Gangringo posted:

And only three thousand years into the term.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Except Nixon didn’t have Fox News backing him up. It’s gonna be an uphill fight.

On the other hand Nixon was super popular and won reelection in a landslide, while Trump snuck in and has been underwater in approval basically the entire time.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

I mean I don't think anyone genuinely expected Trump to go "FYI I did the crimes!!"

Maybe it was inevitable once the brain rot reached a certain threshold.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Any European country that doesn't want to be in Russia's sphere of influence has been shaken down by Trump like this.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Willo567 posted:

Is there anything that's stopping McConnell from squashing impeachment hearings?

The fact that they're in the House and not the Senate?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

MSNBC - "All the President's Mess"

Classic.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Do you think that making Trump's life an inescapable hell will reach point that he just says gently caress this and resigns?

Probably not, but I see making him unhappy an end unto itself at this point regardless.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Hope everyone is girding themselves to slog through endless hours today of republicans being all “why would anyone think what the president did is wrong? Its just normal presidential business!”

Cause thats what they are all gonna say.

Who loving cares what the GOP says anymore.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Well obviously. Doesn’t mean we aren’t going to have to listen to it all loving day.

You can... turn it off?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

If anybody is confused about all the little ____ blocks I can explain them! (The bigger ones obviously mean they just erased some poo poo.)

Short version is classified information is typically labelled like this: TOP SECRET/FUNNYCODEWORD or abbreviated like TS/XYZ. The first part is just how classified it is in general it is, so to see TOP SECRET information you need to have a TOP SECRET security clearance. The second part means it's part of a special program of some kind, usually some kind of SCI (special compartmented information.) To legally have access to the information you need to have high enough clearance AND be cleared for SCI information in general, AND be granted access to that specific program, which is done on a case-by-case basis if your job requires it.

The little blackouts are because the name of the program (or even its abbreviation) is itself classified.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

I don't think anybody working for Trump is smart enough to make SCI information vanish without a trace from a sensitive compartmented information facility.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

That would be like the missing 18 minutes of Nixon tapes.

Also this.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Every line you can read in the report that's labeled "TS/____" was originally classified at an absolutely insanely high level. Like TOP SECRET/SCI is basically as high as security clearances go. If we had a mole in the Kremlin in 1963 his reports would have been labeled TS/____ too.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

"Cruelly incompetent persona" was coined by Hunter S. Thompson to describe Nixon, but it applies so perfectly to so many Republicans.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

ok what'd I miss late last night/this morning

The whistle-blower memo basically described all the crimes and said how to get all the evidence. It's not a treasure map, it's more like a list of GPS coordinates with samples of the exact kind of gold coins you can find at each location.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Turbo classifying everything around the Ukraine crimes was actually maybe the stupidest thing imaginable, because it means all of it has incredibly strict bureaucratic traceability for both physical and electronic copies. Either it's all there, or it's glaringly obvious when it was destroyed and by whom.

It's fine to say "Trump disobeys rules" but we're talking about a big system Trump understands nothing about, and probably never thought about beyond "classify it so nobody can read it and gently caress off."

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Phobic Nest posted:

Catching up on all this is quite the task but...

Am I understanding this correctly that they could have completely fabricated yesterday's first "transcript" and avoided or at least delayed the drama but they just kinda left the crimes in? :psyduck:

I mean I expect incompetence from everyone in this administration but... drat.

They left crimes in (but there might be MORE!) and it matches the whistleblower's report perfectly.

Also they classified everything involving Ukraine so highly that the bureaucratic paper trail for it would reach to the moon and back. They stuck it in a classification category so high that you can't walk into the same building it's in without being X-rayed coming and going. Their attempt to bury it may have just given it infinite traceability instead haha

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Keep in mind, all this is going to be professionally edited in Fox news and put into a package to make the GOP look great all with commentators talking about how great the GOP look.

I wouldn't be surprised if each member had lines they were instructed to get out.

Yeah but only pleasing the hardcore CHUDs won't save Trump.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

lol if he had any iota of a soul he wouldn't be squirming so hard to not answer questions

Or be working for the Trump administration in the first place.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

TIL serving in the Navy makes you immune from being accused of crimes. Thank you Mr Nunes

Nixon was a Navy man so this check ou... uh...

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

OAquinas posted:

The Director of National Intelligence: I have no idea what's going on. Where am I?

Broke: our spymaster is chillingly terrifying

Woke: he's a bitchmade fuckboi lmao

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Majorian posted:

Yeah, intelligence directors tend to be the latter, since they're political appointees. It's the deputy directors that are actually the scary ones.

Sure, but we're also watching a former Vice Admiral and Navy SEAL act like a baffled coward.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Majorian posted:

Yeah, I think we just witnessed what happens when someone with that pedigree is asked to defend something that he can't possibly defend.

I mean a decent person would just not defend it and tell Congress everything, and he's trying to dodge responsibility instead.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

The Super-Id posted:

I feel like the venn diagram of SEALs and decent people is probably two independent circles.

They're just crazier marines, who are psychos to start with.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

Petty vengeance

The odds of petty vengeance are 100%, it's just a question of what form it takes.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Majorian posted:

Expand this to encompass literally all of print media and you're correct.

Hey, it's also something to flip through in a waiting room if your phone battery is dead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Trump started as a lazy, ignorant, narcissistic moron, and then went into a steep decline from THAT.

He's essentially a collection of impulses and prejudices producing random behaviors without much connection to anything but greed for attention and spite.