Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

I'm really excited for this game. It's been a lot of fun and some of things that annoy me the most are things that can be addressed with polish - the game is already fun and the future looks bright.

One of the most concerning elements about the Modern Roguelite Design is meta progression. Nothing destroys my enthusiasm for a game quite as quickly as meta progression. I'm thrilled to report that it seems like Noita does not include meta progression - thank god.

This does not appear to be true. There are spoilers attached to it and spell spawn (from my playing).

Xaris posted:

So what does Berserk, Hydrated, and Blood status effects actually do?

They can override negatives like toxic. Getting bloody/moist removes poison etc.

If you're a vampire blood has effects.

Beserk may affect attacks(?)

Moistness discourages fire.

All eliminate invisibility.

-GENERAL ADVICE-
Combust things before they combust you. No lantern undamaged.

Get/make water bottles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

abraxas posted:

meta prog talk

This game needs starting edit wands anywhere. I would have so much more fun with that. Like picking a perk you unlocked would be nice. Or starting as a different kind of wizrobe (like the pyromancers or teleport wizards)

So much of the game depends on not getting poo poo wand roles in the opening area it is annoying.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Eopia posted:

I'm sure there's stuff on the other side of the giant tree to the left, but it seems to be immune to fire and if you shoot out holes in the side to stand on to recover your levitation, it spawns in like six acid floating eye guys to murder you once you get high enough. I got over once, found an ice field, and then got murdered.

How did you get over??? I use the polymorphine jump boost to do "stuff" .

Also the dark well below the tree: where does it go? (Collapsed mines, go left, arrive at stone border, there is a darkened path in the wall that has water pool in it, the pool has no apparent bottom and I drown)

Edit: also lore inside tree. That is separate and not what I am talking about.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

AppleDan posted:

I know this is Very Stupid given that the game already gives you wands that can do anything but I want that swank rear end shotgun that the enemies have, maybe make em like wands so you can add a buff to them too. Let me be a shotgun wizard.

Gimme that dynamite too.

You can get wands that launch dynamite.

Vonnie posted:

Okay so I got extremely high (I entered "The Work") then a regular enemy showed up, shot me, and now I am falling down to earth like a meteorite.

Argghhhh. All my seeds are really bad. I barely ever get drills or drill type spells. I've never gotten the teleport one.

FAR EAST/RIGHT ITEM: A constant spam bolt hexagon. You can not turn it off. It will kill you. Can be used to dig through pyramid. This will slowly kill you as the bolts explode.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

BoldFace posted:

There is more going on in the surrounding world than what you probably think.

WARNING: HEAVY SPOILERS

Thank you.

Edit: There are structures or at least water filled spaces in the dark below the tree and left of the collapsed mines. I've never gotten vision spells and chainsaws at the same time. Spent a couple hours draining water from it and trying to explore blind. I didn't hear orb sounds in my scouting.

Armadillo Tank fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 27, 2019

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Clark Nova posted:

Hard Mode: light yourself on fire
Easy Mode: fly over the tree and go pet ducks instead of progressing

Yeah what the gently caress. Why can't I pet ducks/deer/jet pack goblins or have a wand with an animal pets spell?

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

one day I will get the electricity generator perk, breathless, and a water trail modifier on the same run...one day....

GulagDolls posted:

YES!!! YES!!! IM GOING TO WIN THE GAME!!!

GulagDolls posted:

i dont want to play anymore

GulagDolls posted:

why, each time i tried to do this, did I somehow polymorph into a fireball. why the fireball.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

I probably would have won by now if I didn't insist on killing everything.

If I have low HP I run of course.

That doesn't matter when fighting an Ukko/Elec man in the ice caves that can one shot you most of the time.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Mzbundifund posted:

Why does that guy's projectile do so much damage? It almost feels like it is a mistake, it's so out of proportion with everything else.

There is a 3 shot spell called "Thunder Charge" that is their basic attack. The one you can get does 180 damage base. Then other things can happen as a result of this.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Is anyone here familiar with the Ommel thing for some Noita mods. I peaked at the mod files and it seemed okay? It just pops up with a "oh no, you giving this mod to many computer privileges!"

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

Flesh to Stone is a spell that ought to be legitimately easy to mod in. There is already a Meat material, which actually makes me wonder what mobs are composed of before they die, because now I want to make a spell that is just literal flesh-melting acid. I already melted myself into blood once. Should be doable.

And man, speaking of, I would really love a mod that just mods in a map button in general. It's not that hard to navigate the game world, but when you need one, you really need one, even if it's not often.

There is touch of gold that turns targets into gold. It is VERY lethal. It does not produce statues though.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

THERE IS NOTHING MORE CATHARTIC THAN FILLING A PIT WITH HIISI AS THE FIRE MAGE AND THEN FILLING IT WITH BURNING OIL.

JUST WAITING AT THE BOTTOM TO GET YOUR MONEY BONUS. WATCHING. PLINKING THEM BACK DOWN WHEN THEY TRY TO ESCAPE.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Hempuli posted:

I'm one member of the team, yeah. I designed the enemy that spawns minions upon taking damage, sorry about that

I love you and your game even though it makes me mad sometimes.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

THIS WAS A MISTAKE

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Monster jizz huh, gives me an idea for a mod....

Good to see they added the hentai dimension to the game.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

I just rage quit because: I didn't have enough inventory space and I kept getting good pieces to make a doom wand but couldn't carry all of it. drat it I wish there was more inventory space. :(

Accretionist posted:

Have I overlooked documentation for modders somewhere?

I didn't see any so I read a couple mods then copied some code for a replacement starter wand. But with the last patch, kicking an object crashes the game and I can't spot why.

The stuff that extracts the game files comes with some documentation, but I didn't read it as I found the mod I needed before having to learn it.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

it should be a crime to post these gifs without an adjoining screenshot of what the wand actually had loaded. I'm guessing high level wand with cool down stuff along with proj mods but still.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Man. I found one of those tall, thin pools in the mines, full of berserkium. So I drank it all, hundreds of gallons' worth. And the high faded as soon as I took a dip in another liquid. :argh:

Beserkium dissipates to quickly. The main problem is the blood it generates washes the beserk off.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Count Uvula posted:

Not looking for advice, but... I'm starting to think "tunnel in to it from below to drain it" is not the right approach to getting to the bottom of the lava lake :(

Cardiovorax posted:

Even if you're not looking for advice, allow me to at least give you a hint: there are certain spells that specifically turn one thing into another.

Also coming in from the side. If you go down the giant chasm you can hear the ORB orbing in the room beneath the lava.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I of course totally loving beansed it but it ripped poo poo apart.

noita.txt

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

On the whole I'm not at all convinced as to the value of Necromancy; it creates a ton of visual confusion and the resurrected enemies don't seem to do much for you. Do they even attack anything?

I've seen them attack the player! So maybe dress up hissi as you and maybe they'll do something.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU SEEK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKSrAhuXL6M

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Armadillo Tank posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKSrAhuXL6M

Unless you want over 10k health.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Okay. I'm in the middle of a nightmare run.

It is going well. I got the homing cheese cloud wand.

Problem: The game is only running on one core. There is no temple interface between the jungle and the vault. Every time I load up close to there now it is a slideshow.

This game is supposed to run on multiple cores. Why isn't it?

Help?

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Armadillo Tank posted:

Okay. I'm in the middle of a nightmare run.

It is going well. I got the homing cheese cloud wand.

Problem: The game is only running on one core. There is no temple interface between the jungle and the vault. Every time I load up close to there now it is a slideshow.

This game is supposed to run on multiple cores. Why isn't it?

Help?

Okay i fixed it in msconfig. I've run into the first game that i needed all my cores for, and it isn't enough.

:(

I had killed the pyramid boss tooo! I got a healing wand from it! :(

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Armadillo Tank posted:

Okay i fixed it in msconfig. I've run into the first game that i needed all my cores for, and it isn't enough.

:(

I had killed the pyramid boss tooo! I got a healing wand from it! :(

Bug Report (on nightmare): If you get a bunch of hiisi captains, set them on fire or apply an area overtime damage effect: The game keeps spawning minions and they keep dying. Much faster than the captain. They also spawn many many more minions. All these gibs and accident-death gold spawns cause problems. Then the captains die. The game tries spawning a load of accident death gold in a heavily confined area. Picking the gold up solves the problem. Though that is difficult with to impossible with lag.

I tweeted it to them with pics.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

-SD- posted:

There actually are a number of ways of getting those precious health points back, even before entering the first Holy Mountain...

This is wrong. There is the full heal heart under the tree (shrouded in darkness you need ONLY wormblood (to drink) or fore knowledge to find), the alchemy potions (one is super rare the other you have to make with random ingredients you don't know without scripts), a rare spell, or a combination of rare spells.

Or vampirism.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

Good posting.

So there are a bunch of spoilers relating to health boosts/ orbs that can help. Look at a map of the game on the wiki. There are 3 to 5 orbs easily accessible at the start. Get the always edit wands mod and the perk choice in cave entrance mod. These make the game 1000% better. There is a mini boss in the pyramid on the surface you can fight for a good wand.

This game has a huge problem with incentivizing the player to not play the game or interact with it in a number of ways

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

edit: also, to whomever made the UI decision where the simplest flask action (tossing a small bit of fire/water/whatever) is on right-click, and the "toss the entire thing, which gets rid of the flask and may cause a large, fatal explosion" is on left-click (you know, the button you use most often because that's how wands work): this is perhaps not the best UX design.

Lmao yeah. Imagine doing that to the one healing potion you alchemized. Feels bad man.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

-SD- posted:

Yeah, Armadillo Tank did by mentioning Vampirism. Then I just ahwhattheheckletsgowiththeflow'd.

Sorry. I was listing all of the player controlled things.

An Aside: I personally didn't know the hiisi healers healed you until i saw something on youtube. I just killed everything too fast. Like why the hell would someone think this would happen? Enemies heal you? They shouldn't.

How do you increase the lock-on range of the clouds? Everytime i make those wands they don't seek unless the enemy is close to half way across the screen.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

DOublepost

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Noita Bug Fix Today posted:

BUGFIX: Healers etc were friendly with the player

FINALLY.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

AkumaHokoru posted:

what is the mod that tells you the special potions for that seed?

I believe it is the Cheat GUI mod.

gooser422 posted:

this game is hard, I can get past the first level sometimes, with only environmental effects doing me in, but as soon as I get to the ice level the enemies are 10x harder and I'm dying in one hit

Get the always edit wands mod. Maybe the perk pick at game start/ cave entrance as well. Edit wands allows you to actually learn the game. Explore more. You should be able to get around 225 HP from start to first holy mountain if you explore. 300+ hundred if you get the right drops.

There is a bunch of chores at the start of the game you can do to help survival. They are as fun as chores as well (after doing them 100+ times basically every game).

Armadillo Tank fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Dec 13, 2019

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

TeaJay posted:

Can you link the "perk at the start of the game" mod since I've been wanting to try it but simply can't find it, or can't search with proper terms.

e: Also the Peaceful gods mod seems to have stopped working, I lost a great run because of that

Edit Wands
https://modworkshop.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=25830

Perk Pick
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/632317469754654731/633374463127453706/PerkPick.zip
I had trouble finding it. It is just in the discord. posted by Evaisa on 10/14/2019

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

Dunno if it's new or not, but the tablets don't all give you money on the floating platform, I tossed one on there, probably the 4th one, and it turned into the giant lava filled floating guys who just immediately murked me. I've got a decent gif of it I'll upload tonight.

This isn't new. The chance for getting ganged by Hell beasts increases with each tablet usage. It still spawns gold but their lava blasts destroy it.

Has anyone figured out how to trigger stuff with the music notes yet?

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Armadillo Tank posted:

This isn't new. The chance for getting ganged by Hell beasts increases with each tablet usage. It still spawns gold but their lava blasts destroy it.

Has anyone figured out how to trigger stuff with the music notes yet?

So the music notes can create (one time) a portal to the top of the mountain apparently.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

resistentialism posted:

ok

There are some frame rate issues with ng+
I think at some point you have to go with spawner enemies creating a minion every X% hp rather than on every damage instance.

HOLY poo poo YES.

This kill nightmare runs for me. I'm pretty sure my gold overspawn complaints is why we have giant gold chunks now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

TeaJay posted:

A big benefit of Edit wands anywhere mod is to be able to switch the spells on the two starting wands around and be somewhat equipped for the first two levels even if you don't find any good wands there.

I just like it because you can take that one good spell you find and don't have to keep hauling the crappy wand all the way to the next temple when space is limited. Generally if you start to experiment with wand-building out in the zones some enemy will invariably come and blast you while you have inventory open, so I still tend to do that in the temples anyway.

Also stripping wands is really good.

One you can disarm wands you find. Two you can store good spells for when you get to temple.