Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Not in it. Voting 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

cda posted:

why isn't ralp in there, i think he banned some people

Your shits all hosed up op

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
we will never catch up to the admins of yore

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

BurgerQuest posted:

A shift from 24 hour to 6 hour bans is pretty obvious around 2013/14. Also notable is the massive increase in probes handed out overall starting around the same time.

Also to note there is not much 04 data and 19 isn't finished yet, hence the pinching at each end.

wow thats fuckin crazy. i think the proliferation of IKs did a lot of this too

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

BurgerQuest posted:

erm I think I did this sort of right. I took the top 20 users by probe count first, then turned it into hours. assumed '1 month' probes are 30 days so yeah. could be tweaked.

rip tori

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Saladin Rising posted:

I just realized, 12 hour probations have become the 2 Dollar Bill of the forums. Yeah technically they exist, but in practice it's more practical to use either a sixer (especially since IKs can only give sixers) or just go with a whole day.

I didn't expect this thread to be as interesting and insightful as it has been, kudos to you OP.

Yea nobody gives out the noble twelver.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

BurgerQuest posted:

here's a top 2000 word cloud with no filtering on the 190k reasons. It's as you'd expect in terms of BIG WORDS but I'll try and do a filtered one later today.

lots of ancient poo poo in this cloud. brings me back. like catchphrase, aol, sass, lulz, etc. cool. anyone see leech in there?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

BurgerQuest posted:

It's definitely in the list but might have not made the cut for this cloud. poo poo I can't even remember what my account was called back in the :filez: days.

we been around here a long time lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
on there it is, leeching, kinda middle left side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Retard Lazy Rape Girls in the bottom right. :yikes: