Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It is time to reveal the backup plan.

If all goes terribly this month, then I am all set to inhale the tory front bench and absorb their 'power' to allow the extension and GE to go ahead. I am primed and ready and have trained for this by eating nothing but gammon this last seven months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

Not to sound morbid but I honestly hope you gave Meta Knight a ring to kill you in case all that evil turns you into a giant monster or something.

Meta Knight respects you and would understand, bro. It's like Superman entrusting Batman with that kryptonite ring.

I will do my best to endure. There are also plans should the worst happen and I start to go all Diablo.
It involves monster munch and feeding me the one true evil flavour. The regulars will know what to do. :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

jimmydalad posted:

Considering how unpopular Jeremy Corbyn is, is it possible for Labour to win while he is in power? I don’t wanna be a negative nancy about it all, but I’m just worried :ohdear:

He is not unpopular with the people that matter. Insofar as to say, the media hate him and olds hate him and those are the people most likely to answer polls and talk about who is unpopular.

As soon as fair reporting kicks in again, people understand what he and Labour are offering and things change.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This is one of the most amazing pictures I have seen. I am sorely tempted to make it my avatar :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Terfs being discussed in this thread and terfs being discussed in the Games Monthly chat thread. What is with these wretches today?

6 Pages already on day one at 10:14am? It is going to be a good month.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

You want cursed games content in here too, you say?

https://twitter.com/bobby/status/1175442953155878912

I wish I could form a sentence adequately expressing the conflicted emotions I feel about this.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

Apparently this is their hobby.

Late Late Stage Capitalism Adulation?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Desiderata posted:

I'm right remembering that Ken Clarke literally said if he was a caretaker PM he would actively seek to negotiate and then push through a brexit deal. I'm not having false memories here am I?

Why is she maintaining that fantasy? (It's because the dream of the sensible non-ideological adults turning up and fixing everything, sensibly, is the eternal paternal liberal dream)

Because she is a tory.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
https://twitter.com/Mike_Fabricant/status/1179001353777102851

Note the hashtag.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
LOL I absolutely care about all this and I am furious and we are going to win because it matters!

This is my anti 2019internet stance :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

mediadave posted:

It's fair to talk about the dunking Ed Milliband got - but it's also fair to point out that at his worst points he was much more porpular than Corbyn is now, and indeed more popular than Boris Johnson.

2017 was a great campaign - but 2017 won't be good enough now, Labour needs to (should be) in a position to win or at least be the largest party.

MediaDave, please remember that Ed Milliband did not receive even half of what Corbyn gets on a daily basis. Also the fact that Corbyn has Abbot and McDonnell by his side and that Milliband was not leader during the Brexit years.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Imagine a worn boot, stamping on your face forever. It's Corbyn.

He points at you and smiles. "Nationalised."

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
How on earth are you going to do the boots analogy in a thread that talks about the Vimes Boot theory?

18 Two years older than what the minimum voting age should be.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Left wing bank holidays?? What??

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

They mean May Day.

The 1801 Act came in on Jan 1st, which is already a holiday, and would be roundly ignored by everyone who would just call it New Year's Day or Hogmanay, and the 1801 act isn't really a matter of popular appeal outside of certain bowler hatted communities, so all I can think is that they'd make May 1st a bank holiday after the 1707 Act as an attempt to erase May Day.

mediadave posted:

I guess he means May Day

I had no idea! Thank you for teaching me something new.

My original thought was more, are all bank holidays left wing anyway because people get a day off of work and it turns into a 4 day work week, but then I thought about awful retail.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

lol Diane Abbott opened with a tribute to black history month, and as she finished her opening Raab stood up, forcing her (by custom) to sit down... and Bercow had to laugh and say "uhhh, she hasn't asked the question yet?" so he had to sit down red-faced

This is amazing.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Samovar posted:

Is Twitter not loading for anyone else, or...?

Hooray!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

mfcrocker posted:

Now I want a kebab from Jason Donervan

I lived just down the road from that lovely stand :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Barry Foster posted:

You lived around the triangle? Had you eaten a banker at that point?

I had a dingy little flat that I rented that took a lot out of my pay, but being able to walk to the zoo, suspension bridge and the downs was amazing. I also used to be a pretty important computer toucher before I had a drastic life change, switched to a less stressful career and smile like Kirby on a daily basis. :)

I miss Brizzle a ton though!

23 A number that terrifies Jim Carrey!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Not seeing a problem here.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Does anyone have a gimmick where they reply to every tweet that James Cleverly has made with just James Stupidly? If not, I may take up the mantle.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am not a football fan (basketball is what I like) but seeing that tweet from Coleen and the predictable reply from Rebecah was awesome. I always thought Coleen got unfairly maligned by the press and she played them all :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Personally I do not even have tens of euros in the bank. I would love that. Might make month to month living a little less stressful.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am a mod and I have to agree.

All points people have raised are valid and it is not healthy for you to be constantly posting what you do here. It is not like you have been ignored this entire time. People have engaged over and over and have tried to offer advice help and finally frustration.

AoF please do not post in this thread anymore.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
:kirby tugging collar nervously:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Comrade Fakename posted:

Yeah, that’s what I thought until I saw that tweet. Also, how is this possible?!:

https://twitter.com/jameelajamil/status/1181261668954722304

She does say full extent. I know some of what he did, I do not know everything.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Julio Cruz posted:

jesus christ can you all just shut the gently caress up about monster munch (e: and nik naks and scampi fries and what the gently caress ever else) (e2: also chocolate oranges)

it's not funny, it's not original, all it does is give the thread a shitload of new posts which makes people think that something might have actually happened

rather than just pages of "ironic" HURR HURR PICKED ONION IS BEST THERE I SAID IT

This post is a bit flamin' hot.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Julio Cruz posted:

imagine my surprise that pointing out how poo poo monster munch posts are just triggers more of the same

imagine

Imagine dragons.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The current derail about "The Current Derail" needs to end. It needs to stop.

Crispchat happens, foodchat happens, bad opinionschat happens.

It is not just a thread about UK politics, its a thread of a load of similar minded UK based people shooting the breeze about the UK. Anyone continuing before this post is safe.

Anyone continuing after this post is subject to my discretionary whims.

You have been warrrnnnnneeeddd....

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I am a huge fan of this!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My favourite thing about the truss photo is the coffee maker in the living room in a cramped corner.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Had some lovely mac and cheese while watching Brass Eye this evening. Forgot how stupidly funny and well written it is. I especially love the episode on drugs and how it bamboozled Tory MP Martin Amess.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Does whatever deal he has still need to be voted on?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Just an fyi but :hotpickle:

(It will propogate soon)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

lol I wonder if he is posting here under an alt, doesn't matter since they can't afford to be as insufferable without giving the game away :laugh:

I too am intrigued. Hmmm...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Corbyn is incapable of committing to remain (or anything really ?) and that renders labour irrelevant as any GE will be all about Brexit. Or they would be irrelevant if they were not hogging the opposition benches preventing anyone genuinely opposing the Tories at the weakest and most factional they've ever been.

They are calling him the man who could have been king in Europe.

Without his utter uselessness the Tories would have been out on their ear years ago. Back when the labour party did nothing but try to topple him I thought they should get behind him and present a united front against the Tories, once that stopped he was revealed as having absolutely no front to get behind.

The perfect storm of incompetence on both sides of the house.

This is a terrible post.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

DesperateDan posted:

A pre xmas election only makes me sad because I'm probably still going to be too ill to do leafleting or letter folding or whatever they get people who are too socially awkward/anxious to do other than doorstepping

I haven't heard it called that, but from experience of greasy spoons/independent sandwich shops, terminology is quite varied and unique with sandwiches named after patrons or local landmarks etc

Such as this morning's wonderful treat could be equally called a fried egg slice or egg in a basket to me, but "bullseye eggs", "eggs in a frame", "egg in a hole", "gashouse eggs", "gasthaus eggs", "hole in one", "one-eyed Jack", "one-eyed Pete", "pirate's eye" and "popeye" are all other names for it according to google

Ovum Crannies, I have heard. And Yellow Eye Shelters.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The whole point of an opposition is to topple the government and seize the wheel if they start acting like nutters. We are years past that to the point we've become an international laughing stock.

That's only possible when the opposition are as riven as the sitting government.

I have to assume you are being deliberately obtuse and are trolling, because this is an awfully ignorant post. Please do not.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I'm a floating voter, I get that for a lot of people politics has unfortunately become a purely tribal thing and anything beyond scarf colour gets skipped over but its a mistake to assume everyone has the same with us or against us binary viewpoint.

Calling me names just isn't convincing, it highlights a lack of any actual arguments as far as I'm concerned. Which is one of the reasons I can't decide who to float towards.

I may have to spoil my ballot again.

This is not what is happening. You are making the same posts that Pissflaps used to do. For example this:

I think more traditional Labour values would be a great thing, however Corbyn's unelectable so its a total waste of time and effort.

is a ridiculous post. It is said entirely the rile up the thread if you have been reading it for a while and know the kinds of silly things they used to say.

Or it is ignorant and makes no sense, in which case the people responding to you are correct to do so because you have not taken the time to properly engage with the thread and all the things that have been happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I have no idea who pissflaps is or what he used to do. I get that you don't seem to like him but as a mod you should be able to verify he's not me and vice versa.

Telling me I'm too much like some guy I've never heard of is a waste of time.

If Corbyn isn't unelectable why are Labour constantly bickering about him being in charge and shying away from a general election (alternating with asking for one) ?. If Labour are so hugely confident in him they would presumably be willing to actually back him politically which I simply don't see in labours behaviour I also don't see any consistency whatsoever in their politics.

It doesn't matter that I think he's unelectable, what really matters is labour obviously also think that.

Labour need to get their get poo poo together, they are failing the nation by putting their own internal squabbles first. Exactly as the Tories are.

Hence our current situation.

No I said you are making the same posts, not that you are him.

The reason for the pushback from other posters is because he made all these same terrible and ignorant posts and garnered the same reaction that you are currently experiencing. This is why people are short with you. Coming into a monthly thread like this, which has a strong community and large sense of continuity and making the sorts of posts you are shows one of the two things I mentioned.

Either you know the sorts of reactions you will get and it is deliberate, or you have not lurked enough to understand that what you are saying has been discussed time and time and time again, hence ignorant.