Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

kiimo posted:

Okay what is this referencing that I missed

the Device

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

This sounds like one of those vague situations where someone is having psych problems.

While denying the car version of the story, they said that he had been absent because he "hadn't been acting like himself," which couldn't be much clear as to what its referring to

I hope that he gets whatever help he needs

Play
Apr 25, 2006

for some reason even though I've seen all these games or at least know how they ended I had no idea that some of these teams would be on here

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kalli posted:

Also holy poo poo there's only 3 teams in the AFC with a winning record currently.

That's the main thing. The Raiders are .500 at 2-2 lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

just gettin a perm, nbd

Play
Apr 25, 2006

It was a very nice throw for sure but it's also somewhat of a lucky throw and a short one so I would not say it's the best of the season

I will say that Stafford looked better in that game than I've seen from him in a long time. I wonder if he can consistently deliver that kind of performance

Play
Apr 25, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0zBnMjxDLg

I liked this video about kicking, despite the clickbaity title it's got some interesting information. The most important thing by far is where exactly your foot makes contact with the ball, and the lower you can get that without jamming your toes into the ground the better

Play
Apr 25, 2006

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Anyone else tired as hell of NFL twitter posting that dumb image of Belichick staring through binoculars anytime a talented player expresses unhappiness with their current team, I get the joke, can we have a new one

dont use twitter but i am OUTRAGED on your behalf

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Diva Cupcake posted:

So Diggs is on a pretty nice 5/$55m deal going forward and is in his year 26 season. He’s worth at least a 1st rounder in trade, right?

Personally I don't think he's all that special and would be surprised to see him go for a first rounder. But you never know what's going on in teams' heads, if they convince themselves that they're one veteran wide receiver away from being a great team . . . perhaps a player swap could even happen

Play
Apr 25, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

If they're just firesaling the Vikings that's basically it for the FO and Zimmer, right?

I don't think that's the case at all, because they aren't fire-saling. All indications are that Diggs is just trying to force a trade, they can either go with it or go against it. One factor is that they're extremely thin at wide receiver already

I've been a Cousins defender in the past but I'm pretty disappointed in him so far this season. He has not been playing well, hasn't taken care of the ball, and hasn't hit throws that he needs to hit

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The exact same thing happened in Green Bay against Deshone Kizer in last year's opener

Play
Apr 25, 2006

:laffo:

It's not that I think it's impossible that Colt McCoy plays better than the other two. It's just this franchise has no loving clue what the plan is or where it's going

Play
Apr 25, 2006

im already sick to death of clay matthews, i feel like we could all use a break anyways

Play
Apr 25, 2006

latinotwink1997 posted:

It feels like there’s a lot more really awful teams this year.

There’s 4 winless teams and 4 one win teams after 5 weeks.

Also notable, half the NFL is either 2-3 or 3-2. 16 teams. A large contingent of middling teams

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Well, week 6 will bring us R******s/Dolphins so one of those teams will not remain

talk about a stoppable force meeting a movable object

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Randaconda posted:

Jags lost, but Minshew still looked ok.

He sure did. The battle of the "rookie" replacement quarterbacks was one of the games of the week. Who could've predicted such a thing at the start of the season? It's absurd and unbelievable

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Zero_Grade posted:

The NFL is very bad this year.

Kalli posted:

It's very good.

I keep going back and forth. Last week I thought the NFL was absolute garbage and I should stop watching so much

This week it seems cool and good again. I don't know what to think

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

There are rookie/backup qb battles I think just about every season, it's just that usually those players are terrible.

Yeah that's what I mean. Kyle Allen is a 2018 UDFA, Gardner Minshew is a sixth round draft pick from this year. Allen is undefeated and Minshew just threw for 374 yards in a loss. Both of them have quarterback ratings above 105 for the season, which is good for 4th and 6th in the NFL among QBs with significant attempts. That's ahead of such luminaries as uhhh... Tom Brady? Matt Ryan? Carson Wentz? Lamar Jackson? Phillip Rivers? AARON RODGERS???

The chances of that all happening are so incredibly slim

Play
Apr 25, 2006

at first I read this as "Sterling Shepard's back is in the concussion protocol" :hmmyes:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

seiferguy posted:

The NFL feels more top heavy this year, with very few middling teams that could make a wild card run.

Maybe in actual terms, but in record half the teams in the league are either 2-3 or 3-2. If teams can be either 0-5, 1-4, 2-3, 3-2, 4-1 or 5-0 then logically 2/5ths of teams should have those records rather than 1/2

thats probably how math works anyways

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strobe posted:

It's not.

Also, the difference between 2/5 and 1/2 in the NFL is three teams. It's not a huge difference.

That's ~ten percent of the NFL!! my maths are flawless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

gameday thread?