Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wager it's due to Typhoon. Lots of shows are having a one week delay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hunt11 posted:

I guess that is true. When the reporter was narrowing down suspects he didn't mention her but from what I remember he didn't really mention anyone outside of Bakugou, Midoriya and Todoroki as by that point he had already figured it out.

He only talked about the Top 4.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheKingslayer posted:

I'm happy All Might can enjoy meat buns even though his stomach is gone.

I think that was an oversight. The manga never shows him eating and stuff like that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The_Doctor posted:

The show mostly ignores her anyway, why should this episode be different?

It didn't, no more than the rest of the class.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sindai posted:

me: Weird, I don't remember this Magne character- ohhhh

Magne was fairly notable in season 3.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Starsnostars posted:

Did some of the league get captured during season 3? I didn't see Dabi, Kurogiri or the lizard guy in this episode.

They were just not hanging out with them at the moment.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cephas posted:

I'm sure that the rest of the season is basically going to be Deku having to track down Eri to say "I'm sorry I didn't rescue you sooner" and he'll grow from it, but seeing All Might's 2 favorite proteges have an abused child in their arms and give her up by walking into a dark alleyway with a notorious criminal is just :psyduck:

yall are superheroes not cops, rescue the drat girl even if it makes the trail go cold

Another part of the problem is that they don't have any proof that Chisaki is a criminal.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Deku is pretty dang fast. I feel like just because you can see him coming doesn't mean you can move your body fast enough to dodge!

Nighteye compared him to a slower Grand Torino.

Edit: Now I am the stupid one who mixes up the threads.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Nov 15, 2019

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also most quirks are pretty small and lame.

Also the 80% refers to the general population. Pretty much everyone that is born now has a quirk, it's the older people that don't have as many quirks.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pakled posted:

Yeah iirc All Might mentioned that quirklessness was more common when he was younger, and the impression I get is that quirks are not a recent enough phenomenon that he could be referring to people born before quirks started appearing.

He said while it was not as rare nowadays it was still pretty uncommon.

Quirks have been going on for I think 5 generations now. As Izuku's mother was a 4th generation.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Does that mean Magnet Sunglasses can be put back together, and Masked Magician get his arm back?

Magne's corpse could be put back together, but it would not bring her back to life.

And if he had components he could probably repair Compress' arm.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

A lot of this is tied up in the fact that as far as we know even in the manga you need a hero license to use your quirk outside of private property or for work.

Ochako mentions that part of her desire to become a hero is to get licensed so she can also help her parent's business.

No that's for being a Hero. You can get a normal license for using your quirk in work related things. Her parents told her not to concern herself with that and to focus on her own dreams.

She wants to make a lot of money being a hero to give her parents a good life.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I would assume he is taking more critical parts of her body for the bullets and just substituting arm flesh for what he is taking out of her.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Eraser's quirk wears off after he blinks not line of sight.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Doctor Reynolds posted:

So Suneater's just a shapeshifter with a gimmick! A fancy Animorph. I don't really get the hype other characters have for him, seems like that's a relatively common quirk.

Cause of how he can freely mix and choose characteristics.

Normally with a shapeshifter you just turn into thing. He can turn his hands into thing the rest of his body into different thing, and freely mix and match creatures traits and even merge them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don't think that would work for Mirio. Remember he can't overlap matter.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Spiritus Nox posted:

I guess if you desperately need someone to reach inside of you and move your heart *slightly to the right* and then remove their hand without introducing any foreign matter or actually taking anything out of you, Mirio's your boy.

Plus he can't see in side so any overlaps will just make his hand shunt out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
You also also allowed to use quirks on private property with permission from the owner.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shere posted:

And then the main series the boys also got in trouble for defending themselves against Stain, a right specifically reserved for licensed heroes.

The issue with Stain is that that Iida actually went and sought him out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
For fun little facts we have actually seen the big scary guy in the flashback before. He was shown after Stain's defeat along with the other new villains like Toga and Dabi. He was listening to the radio in the woods.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Junpei posted:

Huh, they don't acknowledge the fact that the time that Kirishima got his quirk was literally when he woke up in the middle of the night to pee and he hardened his hand rubbing his eye.

Yeah they do.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I feel like Toga and Twice's Initial meeting with Chisaki and crew was skipped. (Maybe I can't remember when it happened.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Starsnostars posted:

There is a difference between predicting that you need to dodge and then punch a guy so hard he flies into a wall and being able to actually do it through.

As for Toga, I just accept she's going with knives in the same way Eraser is good with his wire things.

He did not punch him. He tossed three 10 pound weights into his gut.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Junpei posted:

Remind me again, how old is Eri supposed to be? Somewhere between 4 and 6 was my estimate but I forget if they confirmed it in supplementaries.

Eri is 6 currently.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
However Chisaki has been in charge of her for like 2 years.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ninjewtsu posted:

What I really like about the miro fight is you get to see the effect of his tutelage under nighteye, and it seems like subtext to me that this was a substantial part of why he was able to fight overhaul quirkless. He spends the entire fight 1 step ahead of overhaul and two other powerful villians and the only reason he doesnt completely curbstomp them is because he also has to juggle protecting a child on top of the 3v1. And he's doing it by reading them, predicting their movements, and quickly finding the most efficient action he can take, which is also exactly how nighteye has been shown to fight. Nighteye can beat opponents many times stronger than him just by predicting their moves: he's effectively quirkless outside of that, and mirio put in the same position performs pretty well himself.

There were four villains.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Huh noticed a mistake. Kurono is referred to as a member of the Eight Bullets when he is not.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
*Manga Spoilers Were Here*

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Jan 7, 2020

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mirello posted:

Nobody died or seriously injured.

Nighteye has a rock through his stomach and Mirio lost his quirk.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

https://twitter.com/OGRubberman/status/1216082258790174727?s=20

This was kinda funny until I checked and apparently this is basically a redraw of the disastrous Seven Deadly Sins season 4.

lmao

Appearntly the fight before it, did not make good use of its budget either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=108&v=0yvonfVPljY&feature=emb_logo

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kwyndig posted:

There's significantly more wrong with that fight than just it's animation, but I suppose part of that has the source material to blame.

I kind of liked the source material until a little before that point. But eventually every fight became one sided a blowout always in favor of one side or the other next to no inbetween. Even that terrible fight shows a bit of it. It's utterly one sided for one of them, until it's suddenly one sided for the other guy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah they cut out Shigaraki killing the Police Officer, and the Flames consuming Snatch in the Orb.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shere posted:

I was also disappointed how Mirio's fight turned into a slideshow.

That part was just skipped in the manga.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Augus posted:

Upside of being an anime-only viewer I guess is that I thought Mirio’s fight with Overhaul was fantastic. I was too emotionally invested to notice any technical shortcomings

The shortcomings were imagined by the manga readers anyway. As they were just things not there in the manga.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am talking about the Mirio fight which was overall pretty great.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shwqa posted:

I'm also under the impression that he can't use his powers without his hands, despite doing so many times during the deku fight.

Without his power his dad/boss will be in a coma forever and literally everything he sacrificed was in vain.

He never used his power without using his hands.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
We see him take out a cow hoof.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

fool of sound posted:

On the other hand Magne and Spinner appear to just be unhappy people who are outcasts through no fault of their own and have fallen in with a bad crowd.

Spinner maybe, but Magne had a rapsheet we were told of by Tiger. "Guility of nine armed robberies, three murders, and twenty-nine attempted murders."

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shwqa posted:

Spinner and Stain are both hiding behind the flimsiest of excuses to justify their own lovely behaviors

Well no Spinner is a fanboy, who jumped on a fad. Stain seems to just be crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

Giran seems to be pretty good at finding people in general. Well, outside of Muscular and Moonfish- who were just people who wanted to murder with impunity and got in because they were strong.

Outside of them it's pretty clear he selected for "criminal whose beef is very specifically with hero society/society in general, inspired by Stain"

Magne seemed to be a one th exceptions who was just a vet who had no issues joining but was not an unstable nutcase.