Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Some good god drat games in this week....

if the refs dont gently caress em up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

This last week really felt like saying goodbye to the 2015 QB Draft Class. I mean outside of who will end up starting for the Bears next season or whoever needs a "bridge" QB but hoo lordy those stats and year over year just awful play from those 2 feels like the end.

adaz fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 15, 2019

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Kalli posted:

Mariota could still go be a backup for a few years and hopefully settle into a system and become the QB he always could be for a late career renaissance type situation

Winston just seems like he'll always be a chuck & duck guy, and that's just not gonna work.

With the success of the eagles + saints have had with employing competent backup quarterbacks that's a pretty good point about Mariota. I do think his ceiling is probably "league average" QB even with a decent coordinator and talent but his floor is probably what was shown there in quick reads. That would make him one of the top, what, 5 backup QBs available?

Winston feels like a worse version of ryan fitzpatrick which uh, is something

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

I'd imagine there will be several places where he's too good to sign as a backup because the fans would immediately want him to start.

Like imagine if he was in Chicago this year.

Right but if you were a place starting a old qb (Saints, Pats, Steelers, Packers, Chargers) a marcus marriota or ryan tannehill is a great insurance policy if you lose a qb for 4-8 weeks or whatever. The rest of the team is presumably good enough you don't have to write the season off as the competent play of the backup qb is enough to get you over the hump. It's a post Andrew Luck world too where I wonder if we'll see teams start to hold QBs out more and more if they have nagging injuries to prevent the whole "i'm so injured all the time football is no longer fun". That is assuming competent backup qbs exist -- I think we're seeing some of that with Cam right now for example.

It's just if the guy will accept that or if they think no I can go to Chicago and turn this around!!!!!!!!!

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

Its probably not, but on the other hand if you can turn the mystery of the draft into already proven assets, is that a terrible thing? Like if you hit these picks out of the park, you might get someone as good as Ramsay

You miss the problem that 1st round picks are super cheap and veterans aren't. Without those cheap assets under team control you have to really, really hit hte low round picks or your roster will be top heavy with a bunch of terrible players filling in the margins. Especially paying Goff 35 mil a year or w/e

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

destroying record books, impacting player safety, loving with schedules, and something nodody wants for 4% increase profits is very on brand for american corporate thinking tbh

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Simplex posted:

Basically season ticket holders dislike preseason games and want them to go away. Luxury suite owners dislike international games and want them to go away. The owners like the money from those two things very much.

The only way to make everybody happy is to add a game. Well except the players, they won't be happy

I dont really want an extra game, that's an extra 4% chance for my favorite player to get injured and it fucks with the record books from now until infinity. The only people to really want an extra game are the owners for that sweet extra bit of cash.

I like 2 bye weeks and break out so we don't have 10 loving games on @ 1pm. That sounds like a way better option.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

People dont care about every record certainly but te big ones - rushing yards year, passing yards/td in a year, sacks in a year people definitely care about.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

that chargers and ldt team losing to the patriots is still one of the most wtf playoff things i can remember.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Raku posted:

Hmmm it's almost as if steroids make you a better player

Clean livin', avoiding nightshades and focusing on core flexibility is how we say it now. please consult the pamphlets sir

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He’s gonna miss the Packers and Vikings games which is going to really gently caress the Chiefs.

Of all the games to miss a non-conference, non divisional game isn't a bad one. You sort of hope he's back by 11/18 to play the Chargers and the chiefs can win one of Packers, Vikings, Titans so they are in good shape for the playoffs

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Kalli posted:

Even if they lose those two games, nobody else is running away with the 2nd bye, so they can still be in contention for that, and at least non-conference games don't hurt much there.

Schefter says 3 gmes which is about perfect. Gives his ankle and stuff time to heal too

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1185241733992452097

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

Packers will likely be trotting out a whole lotta UDFA wrs as Adams deals with his turf toe injury and MVS deals with a leg injury.

Thank god we have jimmy graham to drop passes in the endzone

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

A big flaming stink posted:

no, they literally never told him that. the intended snapper was out with an injury, so they just subbed in a guy that never practiced the play

Thinking that's a bad coach.

Didn't the Jets try somethign similar to this with a field goal unit. It was like pathetic jets.jpg but got overwritten by - I think the same year - the buttfumble

e: nevermind it was the redskins. of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-tqLG__Al4

adaz fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 18, 2019

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

What I'd like to see is how much money Spanos is losing with the move. I guess he's hoping he'll recoup it when the new LA stadium is built? But aren't the Chargers renting from Kroenke?

Spanos dumb.

I think most of hte financial windfall was supposed to be from PSLs HOWEVER...

nobody in LA seems to give a poo poo the chargers are there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

I've often wondered if maybe a team WOULD be better with no gm than a bad gm.

Thanks BOB for proving me wrong.