Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Little late but what the hell is Wilfred Brimley doing there?

More and more with all this ubiquitous flag waving going on, I'm getting serious "no one who speaks German waves a U.S. Flag could be an evil man" energy. Like, just displaying one automatically means you love your country, deserve respect and are better than. It's doing a lot of heavy lifting for people who are essentially the opposite of patriots.

Kind of goes hand in hand with all their so called love of veterans where all the need is a yellow ribbon or a bumper sticker but, at the same time, take huge shits on the homeless population - many MANY of which are combat vets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

zoux posted:

Red Scare ladies are the ne plus ultra of politics as aesthetic

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1465475667231924228

This woman was a well respected mainstream journalist once. How many of them are just one got-in-trouble-for-doing-a-bad-story away from joining the nazis

If I lacked even an ounce of shame I'd have cashed in on this RW grift change a long time ago with t-shirts, cartoons, books and speaking fees. Put this worthless Bachelor of Fine Arts degree to some use.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

What a pussy.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/inkstainedretch/status/1478219915798720517

Because of the way things are, this man is going to win the Superbowl, Superbowl MVP and league MVP this year, to ensure everyone has to continue to argue about this for months and months

I always look to football players for all my socio-economic, political and literary opinions. This goes all the way the back to my high school years where all those dudes on the football team were routinely really smart, kind, empathetic, well read and politically engaged in ways that allowed them to bang all the hot cheerleader chicks.

We all looked up to them and none of them were ever bullies, date rapists, idiots, cruel or homophobic who ever picked on anybody weaker than them and they always stood for the flag. They were always very nice to nerds whenever they wanted to copy their homework or cheat on a test.

I enjoy sports but there's only a few athletes I occasionally considere(d) worth listening to pontificate on current events. Muhammad Ali, Colin Kapernick, Arthur Ashe, Chris Long, Lebron James on occasion, Magic Johnson, Billie Jean King, Jackie Robinson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar...but I dunno. It's a pretty short list. Tim Tebow seems like a nice enough guy but that doesn't mean I want to listen to his poo poo and find Christ.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Conservatives consistently trying to co-opt Dr. MLK's message and legacy never fails when it comes to pissing me right the gently caress off. It's along similar lines to "did you know that it was the DEMOCRATS who made up the majority and foundation of the KKK? Learn your history!"

Check mate, libtards.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

I'm confused. Are they saying Canadian law could have been used to crack down on MLK?

That was my read.

And yeah, nobody ever "cracked down" on MLK, no sir.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

zoux posted:

Thank god they got all that baby shampoo off the streets

Right. They're probably more pissed off, if anything, since they can't skim a few ounces of coke off the top to sell on the streets or seize more than $1800 in assets. What's the skim off an $1800 take divided by how many corrupt cops?

Hard to run a DARE campaign or something demonstrating how we kept all this dangerous soap off the streets that elementary kids are smoking and shooting up. Countdown to the new dangerous street drug called "soap" or "shampoo" and why we need millions of new funding to combat its rampant spread.

Kids are Getting Clean!!!

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 17, 2022

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Nonsense posted:

What's great is that no amount of celebrity takes can top what pols decide is a great post.

Here's a flag in the dead center of the photo! I am a good person!

Also, Screaming Idiot should maybe settle down.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1508496953025437706

Featuring at least one future gay kid who's gonna be real embarrassed by this in about 10-15 years

How is he going to explain to the kids what the bill says when they ask? God drat I live in Florida and hate this Trump Junior mother fucker.

Photoshop thread idea?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I wonder who they'll blame it on.

My bet is they decide they've moved too far left and need to reach out to moderate voters more

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Murgos posted:

LOL, racism. You would think from the commentary on immigration that there were just no laws governing it at all and anyone could just walk over the line and pick up a ballot.

I know a guy that thinks the U.S. is handing out a million dollars a piece to illegal immigrants.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

He's got an amazing amount of integrity for not getting a million for himself. How would they know that he's not an illegal immigrant?

He's a real genuine American Patriot christian white male who can't catch a break. I know whatever he was trying to say was bullshit but I didn't have the energy to ask him where the gently caress he heard that a bunch of illegal immigrants were being handed a million bucks a piece.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Murgos posted:

Lol, the guy in make up with frizzed hair was singing “we’re not gonna take it” in support of conservative ideology? The guy who testified in congress in opposition to the ultra conservative PMRC?

Next up on FOX & Friends, Paul Ryan to break down the message of Rage Against the Machine along with an in depth look of some controversial comments Bruce Springsteen wrote his book about the song "Born in the USA"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Murgos posted:

“Bulls on Parade invoking imagery of over aggressive masculine zealots in a martial air is a positive image showing the emasculated male how to behave in moral society”, Ryan deadpanned at the camera without a hint of irony.

Conservatives don't understand art, music, lyrics or pretty much anything. I recall Trump playing the Stones' "You Can't Always Get What You Want" and, for whatever reason, loving "YMCA" of all things. They play CCR's "Fortunate Son" because it says "oooo, that red, white and blue" without a hint of irony or the slightest understanding of what that song is actually about.

"Born in the USA" is probably the most egregious example I can think of and Bruce Springsteen has been quite vocal about it, where it's always bugged him. Their level of artistic comprehension more or less begins and ends with WWE Wrestling degrees of what things mean. They're shallow, don't listen and certainly aren't given to nuance.

It's also always bugged me that musicians and artists have to fight so many of these shallow politicians from co-opting their music and using it for campaigns or theme music. I remember when Rush Limbaugh used Prince's "Sign O the Times" as a lead in intro and being super pissed off at it. They probably think that Goya's "Third of May" painting is a celebration of border protection.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I think he meant to say "priests" and misspoke. Honest mistake.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

The main entrance to Disneyworld is literally a highway where they have accidents because people slow down or stop to take pictures of the sign. There's also a lot of entrances to Disney property so it's pretty much impossible to close it off like that.

They're at one of the intersections that leads to Disney Springs, a big outdoor mall, and some non-Disney owned hotels. Most the chuds have been protesting around that area, which is all restaurants and strip malls, because it's the closest they can get, while barely touching Disney owned property. Coincidentally, the Reedy Creek Improvement District office is on that road.

They're at the red circle and pretty much everything to the west of that is Disney Property.

What are they protesting now? A month ago it was non existent Covid restrictions. I assume this has something to do with gay people now?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Disney publicly opposing the Don't Say Gay bill after being publicly shamed for donating to all the psychos in the FL GOP for years.

Ah, I see. So they're just going to drive trucks around and block traffic waving American flags wherever FOX News and their radios tell them the USA is being threatened then.

If I'm not mistaken, and it's been a while so my memory might be off and anyone can correct me, but I swear about two years ago some of these drivers were up in arms and super pissed off when roads were obstructed in Cleveland, St. Louis, Atlanta and Minnesota in the wake of some folks being upset about police committing murder and getting away with it. It was something along those lines.

I seem to remember being told that blocking traffic was a crime and that'd be best handled if these "animals" were simply mowed down and run over because how dare they obstruct hard working folks coming to and from their jobs? Like I said, it's been a while but I swear I recall a little bit of hemming and hawing about pedestrians blocking roads. It was something like that anyway.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Yeah, they were. They were supposed to be for $2000

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

How the hell your government wasn't all strung up from lampposts I will never understand.

Certain types and segments of our population gave it a shot on January 6th, 2021.

Most conservatives and high earning management types hated all of what meager help my country provided because "it'll make people not work" and all that stupid poo poo but none of them that I know of went on UEI or turned down the checks.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 29, 2022

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I said "I need a lawyer, man" and the PD that showed up was a woman.

Ipso Facto, I waived my right to an attorney.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

It's still stupid though because if you look up the definition of a choice, the word "decision" is going to be there. Does it change the movie if we name it "Sophie's Decision?"

zoux posted:

Personally I don't see a fundamental difference between "choice" and "decision"

Same. It's a stupid waste of time that I guess is trying to make language more palatable to...someone.

"I chose to quit my job" means the same loving thing as "I decided to quit my job" and if I told someone about it using either sentence it would convey the same message. I made a choice and decided to quit my job. "I chose to get married and, later, decided to get divorced" is the same thing as "I decided to marry and later chose to end the marriage."

Meaningless semantics, really.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

That's great except more kids have been shot and killed in schools this year than cops in the line of duty, so this guy can gently caress off with this poo poo. And I can't think of a profession off hand more demonized, underpaid and hosed with than teachers so GTFO.

I don't see a lot of Thin (insert color) Line stickers standing up for teachers or school kids. Punisher stickers either. This Tweet pisses me off.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Murgos posted:

I don’t know. I think if cops did more saving children and less extra-judicial murder maybe they would be less demonized. But maybe that’s just me.

Get a load of this far left radical

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I suck at photoshop

EDIT: Damnit I attached the wrong image. Can a mod delete the pencil image?

It's good. Do one with the punisher skull and pencil teeth

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Jesus Christ

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Well that was quick.

I wonder sometimes where this country might be had that 2000 election gone the correct way. FOr instance, I highly doubt the Iraq War happens. Probably some earlier movement on climate change and you don't have Lieberman making GBS threads up the senate even though he'd be a tie breaking vote.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

So we're at the point now where a person recorded on video doing a thing never loving happened but the people who think that gobble up yt videos and Dinesh Dsouza movies. Cool. I guess it was a Deep Fake funded by Soros? Or a selectively edited video that CNN cobbled together? Dude, I just WATCHED YOU on a time stamped video giving a tour of the loving Capitol.

And I thought all those people were Antifa operatives anyway so who cares?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future. You are interested in the unknown, the mysterious, the unexplainable. That is why you are here.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

We just simply need to shoot all of our problems and that's why everyone needs a gun. SO many problems to shoot.

Inflation, climate change, criminals, protesters, gas prices...

Shoot those things.

God drat, it's a really weird take on the old "when all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail" adage.

Someone do me a favor and shoot my all shitposts.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

So in 2 years will it read "DeSantis" with the faded out ghost text of "TRUMP" showing through behind it?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

So all I have to do to monetize my situation and get out of crippling debt is just kill a guy for no reason?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/PolarJohan15/status/1549030623452401664

It'll be a miracle if there's a single farm left in the imperial valley by 2050.
:thunk:

I don;t play golf anymore but I'm real curious to check out this gold course.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/d_l_mayfield/status/1550166837463109632

It's funny, my parents are really religious but we don't fight at all because they don't give me poo poo about my life because it's mine and their love is unconditional.

Pffttt...

Like any of that girly liberal crap is in the bible.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

He has bad eyesight and is too vain to wear glasses.

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1556621273886871553

Was there no dedicated CPAC thread this year? I miss those and this year's version of this insane poo poo seemed even more off the rails and over the top than usual.

Been trying to find that one podcast where some dudes dropped acid and went to it, Hunter S. Thompson style, but can't seem to track it down. God, just thinking about trying that sounds like a nightmare.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Chapo Trap House, I think episodes around 294 or so.

That was it, thanks. Found it here

https://www.stitcher.com/show/chapo-trap-house/episode/294-cpac-judgment-days-3-4-19-59204685

I can't even imagine a worse place to trip unless I were somehow able to strongly lock in my sense of humor about it and maybe try to blend in with a disguise while speaking complete gibberish (which wouldn't be out of place). I think I'd prefer to dose and go to a slaughterhouse or a sewage plant though.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Dubar posted:

He would be the democratic frontrunner

Reagan wouldn't stand a loving chance right now in this party.

Also, I thought far left commies like me were godless atheists that want to murder babies? Now I'm a religious zealot? Last I checked, I didn't believe in god and that was a big strike against me as an American and disqualified me from being a patriot who kneels for the star spangled banner.

I'm so confused.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Aug 10, 2022

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Not a photo but worth a listen if you can get through it.

Chapo Trap House spends 20 minutes listening to "conservative rappers". Somehow it's worse than it sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr2MKseJX-I

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

zoux posted:

Just a perfectly normal way to stand

Reminded me of some of the Trump family photos.

I think that's just how republicans stand anymore.

Or maybe they're taking the whole "emulate Trump" thing to the next level.

Expecting to see a lot of massive, cartoonish, "Big Ern" from Kingpin comb overs soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Murgos posted:

One of the things I discovered being a parent is that you actually only get a really limited use out of most baby stuff. A lot it is a few months at best and then hopefully hand it off to another parent whose kid is coming into that zone or stick it away, maybe for years, for an eventual next sibling.

Ultra sturdy baby stuff might make sense if you’re planning on a really big family or have lots of baby age friends and relatives your going to be swapping between?

1000 times this.

My ex wife and I used to argue about this poo poo all the time because I wanted to buy used poo poo from garage sales and consignment shops and she wanted to buy brand new baby poo poo from Target. Just about any used baby stuff you can get is practically new because the kid outgrows it all so fast and maybe wore that onesie like 5 or 10 times.Same with toys. They outgrow those pretty fast too and there's no reason to ever buy any kid under at least 5 any expensive toy ever because they don;t know the loving difference.