Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Yestermoment posted:

I kid you not.

it's like kurosawa's high and low, only really dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Jewish deaths per year

1940: 0.00000001trillion
1941: 0.00000001trillion
1942: 0.00000001trillion
1943: 0.00000001trillion
1944: 0.00000001trillion
1945: 0.00000001trillion

i get your wider point, but i think your decimals are off by a few orders of magnitude there

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
who left that wax statue out on the street corner?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i had to check if that was a joke account, and sadly it's all too real

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'd give macron's government some leeway for satire if the last thing i heard about them wasn't about their huge slate of anti-islam "security" laws

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Five Year Plan posted:

What’s with the second half of this tweet? :whoptc:

look at this rube who doesn't know that investment grade falcons are an important diversifier in any portfolio

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Sinteres posted:

This new iteration of goon island that's two miles above sea level seems promising.

https://twitter.com/BlkHmmrTimes/status/1389229760392409095

maybe they were referring to the soil metaphorically, but that soil looks rocky as gently caress. i know from experience that native plantings for restoration would be tedious, i can't imagine trying to do any sort of traditional ag there. and that's not even taking into account how brutal growing conditions at that altitude can be

i hope they did their due diligence if they're going to actually try to subsist on that land

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i mean, if you're making a revolutionary mishmash microstate, you may as well not even get the deed to the land, let alone water rights

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

every aspect of that photo seems intentionally staged to be as unsettling as possible

the impossibly large vase with randomly splayed cuttings, the dressform turned to face a window, the oversized full length mirror, all of the belts

it's lynchian in its perfectly menacing construction

GhostofJohnMuir fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 12, 2021

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

that's a very inaccurate tweet. that episode also included the planeteers solving ethnic and religious conflicts in palestine and south africa

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

mobby_6kl posted:

That's anti-homeless? I saw that at Five Guys in Paris and it seemed to be pretty clearly made to limit free refills

i don't buy that it's simply limiting free refills, because the cost of sale on soda is pennies, and a good portion of that is the paper goods that you just spent r&d and supply chain money on

if it's not a push to increase table turnover, they must be trying to manipulate some other customer behavior i can't fathom because there is no way excess refills are making a noticeable dent on their costs

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/alexandreafonso/status/1431232326302937088

Ok my new time machine itinerary is 1: Kill Hitler 2: go gawp at dinosaurs 3: go stuff Juvenile Jacob Rees Mogg in the deepest, dankest locker the British education system of the 1970s has to offer

my understanding is that if he attended a british preparatory school he's already had far worse done to him

edit: i was reading a history of the lead up to ww1 and which contained a quote from a british cabinet member that some foreign power was "trying to push us into the lake and steal our clothes" and the author noted that the once again the lifelong trauma and neurosis instilled in the british elite by their schooling comes to the surface

GhostofJohnMuir fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 27, 2021

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
if taibbi is going after rolling stone for being sensationalist fake news he might be opening himself up for some questions about his body of work

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Glad he's loving dead. Too bad rush Limbaugh is probably enjoying hell since it's full of his do alikes

you misread the tweets. david clark is still very much alive and writing tweets about how amazon loves and grieves for all of its family members while ignoring that amazon forced those family members to go to work in the path of an approaching storm which killed them

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1570769149160493056

Praeger coming out in support of abortions through the 53rd trimester

this seems satanic

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

richard nixon, more beloved than the father of the nation

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

but when the slave owners started an illegal insurrection against their rightful sovereign, that was totally fine and good

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
based on some of the posts i'm guessing a bunch of folks haven't seen this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1QVp55ehvs

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
uh, this is the picture thread, not the word thread

wait, poo poo

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

from doo doo dooing to wildly firing shots on a public highway in under 60 seconds. the founding fathers would be proud

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Old Surly posted:

Is the toothpaste out of the tub? Can the space force be disbanded or reintegratied into the air force? Its a joke now.

that's the bundeswehr, being strangely on the nose with embracing that they were the models for the imperial aesthetic

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

saw a washington examiner article on "crazy" paul krugman and the debt ceiling with this picture and lost my poo poo. they're about an inch away from drawing in the fangs and stink lines

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

The Cubelodyte posted:

Who’s this goblin?

my hosed up senses are telling me wolf blitzer rendered in the fox engine

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
don't judge him too harshly, maxine waters probably gave him severe brain damage when she stomped his rear end into the ground

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Rappaport posted:

Is this...Sexist somehow? There's a roof thingy so it doesn't snow on you during winter! (Not an issue in California, I suppose) There's a small bench! This is all very :psylon:

i can't explain to you why this is the case, but in some parts of la these kind of bus stops are standard, and in other parts you're lucky to get even a bench. the one's without shelters are inevitably deep in the urban heat effect with no effective shade anywhere near by. if these shade thingies somehow are magically actually installable, then it is a material step up in the summers. still seems useless for the rainy winters though

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

weird, that last one is word for word effusive praise as i left the theater

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

zoux posted:

All because he believed in smaller government and lower taxes, I presume.

nobody likes me, everybody hates me..

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Guavanaut posted:

Also standard is less than a century old, before then you could just go "idk put the gas on the steering column and make reverse a foot pedal lol"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLMS_QtKamg&t=30s

real cars, from the days when folks didn't need to be coddled with things like a "fuel gauge" or "protection from the elements"

(although it gets 20mpg, which might be sinfully high to some folks)

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

80's screwball mistaken identity comedy in the offing

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
man, all these employers paying for alcohol without even the veneer of a client being present? i always had to submit receipts

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

trying to capture the magic of herman cain's inexplicable smile and failing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbdXSrM0m9w

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

maybe sbf has just been going insanely hard in the yard?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Thaddius the Large posted:

The words of a deeply stupid man trying to be trickier than he’s capable of

"the prosecution has failed to prove that i even exist your honor!"

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i know that anytime it's not about me, i make sure to post a picture of myself wearing a crown to really drive home that fact that it's definitely not about me

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i will fight any threat to the famed and glorious white cliffs of new york bay

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

between biden's age and the big frictional costs related to the platform, i'm not sure it's worth picking up that spread. definitely not as good as getting the same spread that biden would be president after he won the election

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
nevada, utah, and colorado, the notorious low elevation states. don't know how anyone is surviving king tides out there as things are now

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Dubar posted:

If that was above ground it would cost $300K

"as-is condition" is probably carrying a lot of weight here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

i once was in a leftist space where i encountered actual proponents of juche. i don't know how you ever get so brain poisoned that 3 generations of heredity rule isn't an immediate signal that there might be some issues