Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i got dressed as a clown hobo as a toddler for a couple halloweens until my parents joined the church they'd attend until 2017. until i got a car i was relegated to door candy duty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/0ddette/status/1576916509766451200

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

Are we getting it from them or are they getting it from us

looks like a sketch comedy show from the mid-2010s. there are probably snl sketches from the early 90s with a similar vibe, just less overtly nasty. idiotic small-mindedness can be convergent evolution (or lack thereof) instead of spread from place to place, though

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Geshtal posted:

Why are they jumping out of the plane with life preservers instead of parachutes?

yeah why didn't they grab the parachutes under their seats instead, a thing which commercial passenger jets have

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hell yeah i'd box baby hitler

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i called in sick to school so i could watch that tank pull down the dumb saddam statue

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

Bullshit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protests_against_the_Iraq_War

There aren’t that many “leftists” in America today much less 2002 amd 2003

like the poster said, the protests were televised but the invasion was near-universally praised by news media. remember phil donahue's demise?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

That's not libs that's ratings chasing journalists

idgi, was msnbc wrong in shutting down phil because of missed impressions and profit, or was phil wrong because he was a grifter and not a true believer

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

cat botherer posted:

I really hope millenials don't get the same weird obsession with the pop culture of their childhood like gen x did.

lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

madmatt112 posted:

Feels like being Kanye’s mom would be so much worse than being Kanye himself. The shame.

e: I immediately regret writing this, feels mean. Sorry Kanye’s mom Donda, I hope your fake tits or whatever are kickin rad in rich people heaven.

if i was his mom and heard his first album i'd feel pretty good

getfiscal's back, baby

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i feel like this may have gotten lost in the shuffle but this is one of the most important essays ever written in the 20th century and i appreciate zoux for broaching the subject, or at the least, giving it context

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

usually the people they boost are like max rose or some poo poo, not people that would cancel elections if they could lol. it's a gigantic self-own from the dems, especially in AZ

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

murk's law and it's dems supporting the moderate choice in alaska

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

Peter Meijer woulda voted for Kevin McCarthy for speaker just like John Gibbs is gonna. Peter Meijer would've voted to ban litterboxes for feline-identifying middle school students, just Iike John Gibbs is gonna.

but would john gibbs guest-host mueller, she wrote? i think not

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/stungnthumz/status/1587094115858386945

smh that's head of government, not head of state

edit I think bukele in el Salvador is "spiritual, not religious"

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Oct 31, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

clever girl

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

PT6A posted:

I want to see a huge raptor just absolutely gently caress with a drone, do you have video handy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr-xBtVU4lg

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

PT6A posted:

Oh my. That’s exactly what I wanted. Do you have more? Possibly from a fleet of drones, so I get to see the annihilation of one of those bastards by a giant, angry eagle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzE6-WZtOi4

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

ok what the gently caress is this manufacturing consent for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89KtYlIUEPk

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Nov 8, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nebrilos posted:

Do police just get a kick out of murdering dogs? Does it make them feel powerful?

yes

yes

hth

https://aldf.org/project/dogs-shot-by-cops/

there are actually resources for stuff like this which feels even worse because it really is constant and systemic

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Aug 6, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh my god

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

quote:

What, to the American slave, is your 4th of July? I answer: a day that reveals to him, more than all other days in the year, the gross injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim. To him, your celebration is a sham; your boasted liberty, an unholy license; your national greatness, swelling vanity; your sounds of rejoicing are empty and heartless; your denunciations of tyrants, brass fronted impudence; your shouts of liberty and equality, hollow mockery; your prayers and hymns, your sermons and thanksgivings, with all your religious parade, and solemnity, are, to him, mere bombast, fraud, deception, impiety, and hypocrisy—a thin veil to cover up crimes which would disgrace a nation of savages. There is not a nation on the earth guilty of practices, more shocking and bloody, than are the people of these United States, at this very hour.

the makers of that video deserve the death penalty lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

last time I went to the ER I caught a $5 uber there, then they knocked me out and transferred me to another hospital 3 miles away in an ambulance for $5000. I wish I could have had the ability to get mad at the paint job

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah lol, no contesting that. i've just been dodging debt collector calls for over a year because at least medical debt in the US isn't quite like real debt

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

KORNOLOGY posted:

Stop it right now.

doing a gland acknowledgement

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol at the last bullet point. peter needs to read The Party Decides

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Foxfire_ posted:

If I wanted to ignite a huge wildfire for some reason, and I already had a giant space laser lying around, you better believe I'm gonna use the laser even if a gas can is simpler

when all you have is a laser, all problems look like forests

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

he's a svelte 215 and if you don't agree you're in favor of the carceral state

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

gently caress. Ah poo poo. We fell for it. We fell right into his goddamn trap!

https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/1695100601586106626

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

he should absolutely switch to pinstripe suits for the trials

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

GABA ghoul posted:

Wait, what? They are putting them in "reverse" in winter? What does that mean? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

...you put the fan in reverse in winter so the air is circulated but not pushed directly down on people. it's a thing

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

little did we know the one puhcent of the one puhcent meant fbi crime statistics

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/OCpatriot_/status/1696206965217907109

yelling at the hippies down the road "am I being detained???"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

let's not ask for things we don't want

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

god uses imperfect vessels and My President was the most imperfectest of them all

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm buying tequila today so we can do a toast

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the ADL sucks so i'm happy to sit this one out. very funny to see a year of owning twitter has melted elon's brain, cost him tens of billions, and leave him with no fans except nazis

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 4, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

interesting strategy here, elon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

KoRMaK posted:

im happy for Bernard. not so much for the rest of us, but he dodged a bullet lol

the baseball or the presidency