Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really enjoyed Marauders and Excalibur. X-men just continuing the fight against Orchid is kind of, meh?

Sloppy drunk Kitty is my favorite Kitty now. Sorry, Kate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Fallen Angels is defiantly the weakest one for me, but I'll give it a few more issues before dropping it. The stand outs are Marauders and New Mutants, and I really want to see where Excalibur is going.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My first comic was the one where Wolverine and Ms Marvel break into the pentagon and fight rogue.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I had to drop Fallen Angels because Psylock's kid was not a plot I wanted to cared to follow.

Xforce got a lot better, and Excalibur, Mauraders and New Mutants still holds strong.

Hickman finally explicitly having Illyana not be straight is nice. Though Kate being totally chill with Emma is weird, but drunk pirate queen Kate Pryde is my favorite version of Kitty ever.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ah in my big comixology binge of comics a few years ago that was right before I started Xmen again. I wanted to read schism mostly.

I like seeing the Hellfire kids again too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I hate them so much.

I can't wait to see Kate beat the poo poo out of them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

I'm not sure how drunk I'd need to be to punch a child, but I'm willing to find out.

I mean the Hellfire kids are literally the worst, I wouldn't feel too bad.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
She's always been one of my favorites, only beaten by Rogue as my favorite lady X-men honestly. And not just because seeing her in a Bikini in the 80s at a young boy made me realize I like girls. Thank god it didn't instill any other things in me, because if you know what I'm talking about you know what else Claremont put in those issues.

But she's been written as fun, scary, crazy, caring, and generally a complex and interesting character. I really wish she would hang out with the other magical Marvel characters, because those brief stories are always fun.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The reason the Avengers don't help defend mutants is because they don't appear in the books that's happening. When they do appear in them, they're generally written "no, mutants are people, gently caress you loving racist shitheads *hits with shield*"

Avengers Vs X-men notwithstanding of course.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I noticed Xavier does seem to act like humanity is a monolithic entity. As of what Roxxon does is the fault of people living in Hungary.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just chose Hungary as an example, but there isn't much that the average person can do to stop Roxxon or the Purifiers or AIM or Hydra or Dr Doom or The Serpent Society from attacking mutants. That being said, not being able to directly effect them isn't an excuse to just kind of not say anything. It would be nice to have Kate show up and find Black Panther with a bunch of Mutants from Africa and say "hey I rescued them from Klaw, and please take them to Karkoa, and Wakanda respects Mutants rights as human rights" or something like that. We haven't seen the heroes reaction to this stuff, even heroes that are known to be mutant positive like Spider-Man or Captain Marvel, but I did get a sense at the meeting with the human leaders, most of them were acting in good faith, except the Americans who will never not take the opportunity to try to take someone they are afraid of, no matter what the casualties are going to be.

BrianWilly posted:

That being said though...let's not forget that the actual "mutant response" so far has been pretty darn benign.

Yea, like Pyro hasn't burnt down an Orphanage in Detroit in revenge for mutant attacks, not to mention there has been a great amount of effort by Mutants to only deal with those who take direct action againt them.

And this is Hickman, he doesn't do anything without having an idea where it's going.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rochallor posted:

Not-quite-thirty Scott Summers fucks with my brain in uncomfortable ways, and not just because it means I'm getting to be older than him. The amount of stuff the O5 have seen, I feel like they've gotta be pushing 40 at this point at the very least.

Yea I have head ages for everyone and Scott is very clearly 39 and not handling turning 40 well.

Rarely do they straight up say ages, like in Scarlet Witch's solo comic from a few years ago she states she's 27.

I'm pretty pumped for FF/Xmen team up book. I'm not sure why,

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hate that I missed there was a new Gwenpool series. I'm not sure how that happened. I guess I must have missed that previews or something?
And now this? What the hell?

Anyways, why do they keep bring Shaw back into the fold? He always betrays everyone for his own goals. Unless this is some masterful manipulation by Emma.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nessus posted:

I assume Shaw has an enormous bench of contacts and networking with the business community, and given their ideology for Krakoa they can neither kill or permanently imprison him (unless he does an oopsie like Creed) nor do they want him on the outside fighting them, possibly out of spite.

The fact they let him run around is pretty surprising. I am pretty sure killing other mutants either directly or hiring people to kill them would violate their laws too.

Adder Moray posted:

Yeah, but only he and Mr. Sinister always have to be such dicks about it.

-:A:- is totally behaving.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Krakoa is probably not letting Kate enter until she's honest with everyone and admits her feelings for Racheal.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

The list Xavier had Cipher give Krakoa says "Kitty Pryde" and Krakoa doesn't understand human naming conventions.

Everyone is embarrassed.

Krakoa needs to learn how not to dead name people.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Alaois posted:

quentin quire getting decapitated is very interesting to me, at least

I liked how half a Wolverine was nearly as dangerous as a whole Wolverine.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wow, Reed, what the gently caress.

Professor Impossible isn't a parody of Mr Fantastic, he's just Mr Fantastic. No wonder The Richard's kids wanted to leave them, and Ben not having any of that poo poo either. Though Kate being in this kind of messes up the ending of Marauders, as we still don't don't what happened to her after she went into the drink.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chinston Wurchill posted:

The timeline on FF/X is a bit confusing. Pyro doesn't have his face tattoo so it's either before that happened in Marauders or after he died and was resurrected at some point yet to happen in Marauders. Or that's just a consistency error. In any case, probably best not to think about it too much.

Yea i tend not to think about that buyt when its a big mystery of what happened to a character and then they're just chilling in another issue, it undercuts the tension. Not that I think they'd kill Kate off at this point.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I choose to believe Emma's actual accent is a strong Southie one, and she just learned to speak with British affectations and with a Mid Atlantic accent because everything about Emma is constructed, because she is able to manipulate people better when she knows how they'll react to her persona while they don't know what she's actually like.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Sort of like Floating Hands Theater's extremely Canadian Wolverine.

danbanana posted:

GODDAMMIT folks. Now my brother and I are spitballing Emma's Boston pronunciations...

"Wes-chesta."

"Ca-law-sus"

"Aw-pawcalypse"

"Mah-vel Girl"

"Kraw-Koh-Ahh"

I am picturing Emma calling things "wikked" constantly.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am slowly catching up on stuff and I just read the last few issues of Marauders, and I think I should be reading X of Swords based on it hight amount of Magik content.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Soonmot posted:

yeah it's good and Illyana is wonderful in it.

I am surprised Grogon is pretty good in it as well, they are a pretty solid comedy duo.

I like the panel i saw online that involved her and logan suggesting he was going to bang a boulder.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Nov 20, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Logan has strong Kira in that DS9 episode with the game energy in those panels.

I am going to have to pickup the trades for X of swords. It sounded like such a silly idea when I first heard about it but what I've seen has been a lot of fun.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
To be fair, that's the level of racism you see from one of the major political parties in the US including the President.

That being said, it shouldn't have been in the movie and the director is pretty clearly a piece of poo poo based on their response.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Also if yoh want to make a super hero properity where everyone is gay, New Mutants is a good choice. Roberto is probably bi though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

mind the walrus posted:

He did just have an entire arc where he chose to stay in the Shi'ar Empire solely because he wants Deathbird really really badly. "Bi" is a good fit for him.

Robert's true love is himself.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So bingings the last few months of X-men in the order of the books release but not in the reading order was really weird. Like Magik saying "i have to fight him again" and then the first fight being in an issue I read later was just confusing.

I do hope XoS ends with everyone just getting sick of Saturnyen's poo poo.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

The X of Swords books all have their reading order on the cover.

Yea I really should have been following that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I absolutely love Betsy currently. I really with I could get her captain Britian skin in games.