Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

just postal voted for Corbyn but it got sucked in a warp vortex and registered as 999k leave votes in 2016

fucks sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

still think she should have added a rubber ducky to make it :discourse:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

So bets on people, will Fromage suggest a pact or go whole hog?

crispix said it would be the height of stupidity to pact because Farage wants us to stay in the EU to keep his grift going. I tend to agree.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Doccykins posted:

We will find out at 11 :brexit:

Well yes I'm asking for people's predictions prior to it!! No point guessing afterwards.

Although given Farage's vague noncommittal shite so far, maybe we will still be guessing afterwards to.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmao the fubpees are so angry about him attacking their queen of piss diamonds

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1190183346040705024

Seems they need to have a big campaign to get broadcast rights.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Anyone with a Torygraph sub wanna post this? https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/31/labour-clicks-gear-lib-dems-may-live-regret-election/

saw the headline and wanted to know if it's sufficiently fubpee bashing or just BREXIT ROOLZ

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I genuinely do like this solid 5/6% of the population that is just hard powerbottom.

I love the 3% of lib dems who would happily merk some politicians but heavens no don't stomp on MY face!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Uh no? There's a whole month to go, and it's not entirely impossible for it to still be an accurate depiction of November 2019

I think it's more about the fact that once you reach the date of a "future" film in real life, it is no longer in the future. It is currently "present" and will soon become the "past."

read more on timecube dot cum

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I'm not sure the article can beat the picture:

I mean yeah that was definitely someone going out of their way to find an unflattering image.

Although I assume the photographer is trying to make it messianic

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Firos posted:

Extremely impolite of the Lib Dems to imprison Jo in the shame cube.

Even worse that they let her out.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Parody of Jeb! by using a pointless piece of punctuation for a pointless party's pointless politicians

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

jabby posted:

Farage giving an easy answer to why he doesn't care if he splits the vote: Johnson's deal isn't Brexit, so unless he drops it he sees no difference between that and Remain.

Yeah, no matter how much I hate him as a person, he is slick and handling this poo poo. Helps that he has a simplistic answer to a loving complicated issue.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rarity posted:

I think this means a Kirby has the ability to change its gendered characters based on its nutritional intake

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I think it should be like this but also they free float like rayman's feet.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Eschenique posted:

I forgot. Can the PM cancel Brexit without a parliament vote?

I am not entirely certain, and believe not. But then there's the legal question of "what if they do so without asking parliament, and the EU agrees, but the supreme court LATER rules it unlawful"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Angepain posted:

isn't that what would happen if Kirby wore the crown? Surely if Kirby ate the crown it would gain the powers of the Crown and people could wear it to become like Kirby. in this hundred-thousand word illustrated fanfiction epic, I will

There's already horny versions of kirbette just use image search and hurt your wrists that way.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jedit posted:

So Tess is just a loving pricktease, because 1pm has come and gone and nothing happened here apart from a bunch of sick perverts who should be banned showed up. Explain, please.

[waits patiently in guinness]

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

Hey UKMT, come contribute to my awesome new thread!

There you go Jedit.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

urban types.

guavflaps

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

the poo poo flinging wars begin

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1190273435504664577

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Downside I guess is that farage makes boris look moderate by comparison.

I don't think there's many people who want "hard brexit, but wait not quite that hard please."

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm really just hoping that the Lib Dems just repeat the 2017 campaign all over again, only talking about Brexit but then get asked something about policy and after just replying about Brexit finally come out with something bollocks like the 1p NHS tax.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Starsnostars posted:

My Conservative MP won with a majority of over 16,000 in my constituency in 2017 so there will be no significant splitting of the vote by the Brexit Party. It's hard to get motivated about voting when your constituency is a foregone conclusion.

Get the momentum app and find your closest marginal and get campaigning! If you have to live under a tory oval office at least make sure he's miserable due to being in opposition

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Ah, the kapparomeo Pre-prepared Essay, which he posted within seconds of the labour party leadership election result

Yeah that was a good one

holy poo poo that was so loving good

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Collateral posted:

This thread obsesses too much over the lib dems. They are conversely pathetic laughable but dangerous and could be the doom of the country. It's like something I remember Eco writing about.

Look to the bright side and stop staring into shadows.

Their actual ideas are pathetically laughable. Their popularity amongst brain spidered centrist dads makes them potentially the doom of this country and they vote to give plastic bags votes as we no deal brexit.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

jabby posted:

https://twitter.com/paul__johnson/status/1190355115015901185
So this is kinda out of the blue.

Great news though. But it really, really smacks of "we've had a terrible week, we need to do something to get control of the agenda again... uh... uh.. fracking is banned!!"

I hope they get no political capital out of it and everyone constantly reminds them they defended fracking to the hilt extremely recently.

Also lol, a fracking lobbyist is writing their manifesto and they've done this.

Watch as something exactly the same as fracking but called "watersourcing" is made the flagship energy policy henceforth.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Maugrim posted:

Hey thread, do we have any evidence/material regarding Swinson / the lib dems being poo poo on the NHS? I'm marshalling my arguments to persuade my sister to vote Labour rather than Lib Dem and I think a heartfelt appeal pointing out how important the NHS are/have been to my family would be a big factor in swaying her.

It's actually kind of devious of them not to have any policies besides remain because like Brexit itself it allows you to project whatever your own values are into the gaps.

https://twitter.com/ppls2ndref/status/1173680632192540672

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

lmao #FBPA is being used for Follow Back Pro Austerity, I'm hoping it's 95% trolls

Looks like it, and people mistakenly using it because of this account

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

What is it supposed to mean?

Also Follow Back Pro Austerity. There's also people using it for other, non-political acronyms. The others are just copying what they've seen without realising it's a pisstake hashtag unrelated to the EU.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Total Meatlove posted:

Guess which computer touching dickhead forgot to check his lovely BT home hub after the fuses blew and spent a loving hour trying to troubleshoot why traefik wasn’t playing nicely with the outside world.

:suicide:

...why should that matter? Or do you mean the fuse in its plug and not the fusebox?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TwoShanks posted:

So as a (very) long term lurker I'm pumped as hell for the election. I've been drinking and listening to union songs all evening and just joined the IWW Cymru, canvassing tomorrow, and joined the Momentum volunteers group. Sorry this is a bit white noise, which is why I don't post, but let's do this. I'm actually optimistic for once.

Post more you seem on the level as h*ck

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Total Meatlove posted:

Home hubs are poo poo for dropping rules and having poo poo firmware at the best of times. I’ve had it happen before, but forgot this time round and got distracted by updates and what seemed like a perfectly fine local system, but I was trying to reverse proxy without having any open ports.

Ohhhh I see. lmao it's been so long since I used one of those pieces of poo poo

also, this is an emptyquote on purpose not me forgetting to reply to a quote:

Angepain posted:

looks like a post about uk politics in the uk politics thread to me, go right on ahead. :justpost:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

pablo gbscobar posted:

Post more! It's not like the thread regulars don't post a ton of white noise poo poo too. I'm also a longtime lurker of the thread who recently decided to actually start posting in it and guess what? It's easy as gently caress.

This place has really evolved into a special little community over the years, and it's a real pleasure to be a small part of it.

Good on you!

All lurkers are welcome.

Except the one at referendum.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

We'll also have better answers to both in a few hours (okay more than a few in my case) when we've gotten up for the weekend.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

MoonBoots posted:

As another (very) longtime lurker I have to say I'm loving the podcast. I've had to start exercising for longer so that I can get to the end of it!

On another note - here we loving go!

Welcome! Post more!

Please, all lurkers, we're only lovely to each other because we know and love each other. Join the love!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Welcome! Take a drink from the provided table.

Ignore the blood

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1190554559321645057
Don't think I've ever been in more of a :thermidor: mood than after reading the quotes in this, goddamn.

This is such an easy thing to spin: unpatriotic parasites will only stay in country as long as they don't have to chip in their fair share for the NHS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I suppose the Aldi method of car parking validation works, where after you shop your receipt can be scanned by a car park validator where you put in your registration and it's taken off the fine list.

In this case when you go to whichever desk for your appointment you pass on your registration and it's taken off the fine list. For A&E you just do it when you're reporting your issue.

Then the only people who'd cheat the system would have to go into A&E and lie about being injured then run out before a doctor could see them... which would probably be a bigger crime.