Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It means that people are aware that things are hosed up right now and need to change, but at the same time they've been brainwashed for decades into thinking that being seen as anything other than moderate or in the center is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

And of course nowadays the center is halfway between "let's murder all the minorities" and "let's not do that."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

His security detail that he definitely doesn't pay is probably having a fun time.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nick Soapdish posted:

Citations Needed (https://soundcloud.com/citationsneeded/episode-91-its-time-to-retire-the-term-middle-class) did a really good episode about why we need to get rid of "middle class" as a term in politics.

Exactly what I was thinking of. It's a term with no definition because loving EVERYONE thinks they're "middle class".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Capitalism is a disease.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Welp better vote trump

:nallears:

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 5, 2019

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

You live in a country that runs first past the post elections, so literally yes. Any Democrat is worth voting for over Trump, and Warren is not bad as far as Dems go.

Absolutely nobody ITT is going to vote for Trump. People criticizing Warren's policies now are still going to vote for her if she wins the primary. It would be cool if people could stop acting like they won't.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

But yeah, the primaries are still running and now is the time to call out Warren (and everyone else).

I doubt that there are over 100 regular posters ITT or even in all of GIP, so statistically speaking nobody voted for Stein :v:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Guess they're a little confused about the Fight For 15.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

https://twitter.com/ThomasIsOnline/status/1193198692406304769?s=20

Stephen Crowder, renowned idiot, accidentally made greatness.

:hellyeah:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

orange juche posted:

Why are "gender reveal parties" even a thing? the only thing that comes from them are wildfires and people being hit by shrapnel because they don't have a loving clue how tannerite works.

It's like 75% boring white suburbanites trying to 1-up each other over the dumbest poo poo imaginable, 25% reactionary bullshit to the decreasing importance of gender in modern society.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Deathy McDeath posted:

Is this joke played out yet? It's getting to feel like that. Maybe when SNL uses it, we can officially declare it dead

It kind of gives me an uneasy feeling because a lot of the people sharing it seem to be in the boat of "Epstein was murdered to protect the Clintons and literally nobody else".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I love my parents and they're very smart, compassionate people in a lot of cases, but it's REALLY obvious when their Cold War brainwashing kicks in.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This, except there are no non-rear end in a top hat troopers.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is gonna sound pretty melodramatic, but when I look at all the death and destruction the US military has inflicted on other countries and its own citizens, all in the name of maintaining capitalism and enriching the rich, I have trouble feeling anything other than shame for having been a part of it.

Eat Arby's.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The dude literally cannot admit defeat about anything. Next year is going to be hell.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gotta say this testimony is pretty great without a dozen idiot congresspeople grandstanding and bickering over the dumbest most irrelevant poo poo imaginable.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

WHY IS JIM JORDAN YELLING

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

colachute posted:

What the gently caress kind of phrasing is “scientifically wrong answer”

It's for people who think that "science" is just a another kind of religion.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

She can dunk on the mental midget in charge all she wants, she's still a loving ghoul who is committed to watching the world burn for all of us rather than make any meaningful policy change

Yeah, all she's doing is telling Nero that his fiddle is out of tune.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The armed forces aren't full of fascists but they sure as heck don't do enough to root them out, and in fact implicitly attract them.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

All that's missing is the Cranberries cover.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

bernies gonna be the healer that out dps's everyone else

:hmmyes:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ded posted:

How to spot someone that is entwined in this bullshit ; do they talk about the deep state.

It's really cool how the concept of impartial, dedicated civil service is being maligned as a left-wing conspiracy because it doesn't let a toddler president do everything he wants. That's not going to have a lasting effect on our government at all.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That Works posted:

:hmmyes:

Jordan is that type of dude that thinks talking loud and fast means 'tough' instead of sounding like a dog that pissed their pen.

He's using the exact same tone and cadence as Ben Shapiro and it's the most irritating thing ever.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

in-laws ate bougie black folks

:stare:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I want more than anything to see this dipshit testify under oath.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Reminder that you do not under any circumstance have to hand it to John Bolton.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The ol' spicy subpoena!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just in case anyone forgot, "boogaloo" means Civil War 2.

:tif:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I don't understand how anyone can even feel safe around this psycho.

Oh right, because they're not brown.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer (not that Richard Spencer) has resigned. Please welcome the new acting Secretary of the Navy, Richard Spencer (yes that Richard Spencer)!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Donald Trump did not pet the dog. Any doubt that he's not human should be swept away by now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My graphing calculator was used entirely for playing janky rear end video games and trying to make graphs that look like boobs.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Remora posted:

dogs don't even wear pants

how could that be that difficult to verify

lol if you think that matters at all

Trump said the dog is male, so the dog is now male.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/1199486874882117632

There was a Daily Beast article saying Trump wants to take the war criminals on tour with him to complain and I believe him.

Extremely cool that the president is trying to divide the military :tif: