Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

warren dropped her military plan

https://elizabethwarren.com/plans/promises-to-veterans

transgender ban overturned day one is a good start

Liz Warren posted:

Lastly, I support eliminating the so-called “Widow’s Tax” and efforts to ensure that all families of veterans who died or became totally disabled from a service-connected condition receive the Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) benefits that they are entitled to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dwanyelle posted:

Nope! I live in a solid red state so my vote doesn't matter, so I can vote my conscience anyway.

Bernie is already my compromise candidate, he's the only person I see even being able to tolerate pulling the lever for.

The reason it's solid red is because Republicans have succeeded in their propaganda game of convincing you that your vote doesn't count. Throwing your vote away is giving them the win.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dwanyelle posted:

Are.....are you aware of Georgia politics?

The current governor was elected in an election he was responsible for overseeing at the time, had some shady poo poo go down, and then, when a recount was requested, fought against it until the courts ruled they had to recount, then destroyed the ballots.

My vote really DOESN'T count, yo. And considering I'm poor, struggle with mobility, and don't get paid time off if I wanted to go vote, thus costing me money I can't really afford....well, your lucky I'm doing it at all

I am quite well aware as I was born and raised there, and the governor's election was close as gently caress, Georgia is a state that could conceivably go blue as long as people keep on the press. It's gotta start somewhere, that's why get out the vote campaigns exist, and other grassroots efforts to get people who feel disenfranchised out to the polls. As far as compensation for voting, I really unfortunately don't know what to say there, because there unfortunately exists no legislation that requires employers to compensate for voting time other than allowing time off.

If people actually got out and voted instead of saying their vote doesn't count, then the nations electoral map would look way the gently caress different than it does. Republicans in particular prey upon convincing voters that they don't like that their vote doesn't count, and then put out terrible racist poo poo to energize people who they want to flood the polls.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 5, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'm by no means a boomer, being born in 1988 but I don't even understand my own generation, I don't have an instagram or a twitter or any social media newer than a defunct facebook page I haven't updated in about 6 years. Who the hell is Billie Eilish?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Internet Wizard posted:

Boomer is a state of mind that you are deep within if you’re saying you don’t understand the kids these days while talking about 30 somethings.

I am literally 31. I rent a lovely apartment and will never own property, I don't eat avocado toast, expensive computer parts and video games are my metaphorical avocado toast.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 6, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

This was better than a lot of poo poo i've seen and heard in the last 10 years, not really gonna go on my "gotta watch/listen" list though.

LingcodKilla posted:

I crank her poo poo in my Mazda2 with a single 10 inch sub and that poo poo slaps bruh.

https://youtu.be/Ah0Ys50CqO8

Bass hits and your little 1900lb shitbox rattles right off the road (jk I love my tiny as gently caress car)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Where's that doug jones football meme

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

That Works posted:

People get mad about wasting money on fireworks but at least they bring some spark of joy to more than ones self.

An obviously wasted campaign... why

He will probably also wind up signing up as an independent to try to split the vote if he doesn't get the nomination, cause he's scared of Bernie and Warren.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Arc Light posted:

A plane dumped 350 gallons of pink water for a gender reveal party in Texas, then promptly stalled and crashed. One injury reported.

https://www.ntsb.gov/_layouts/ntsb.aviation/brief.aspx?ev_id=20190908X51027

Why are "gender reveal parties" even a thing? the only thing that comes from them are wildfires and people being hit by shrapnel because they don't have a loving clue how tannerite works.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hot Karl Marx posted:

thinking about the true veterans on remembrance day

This is my phone background

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Remora posted:

Isn't the deal usually "turn fed or eat several felonies"?

Pretty much the offer isn't provided until they've been caught by the FBI.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Nov 12, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

JohnnyHardcore posted:

Most of, if not all, dispensaries in AZ give you 10-20% off with a VA ID, they had some nice sales for vets yesterday too. Turns out a lot of our problems go away if you just smoke some pot at them.

I think it's the Active Duty discount that caused the :wtc:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

pantslesswithwolves posted:

The irony is it’s probably only someone with a lot of money who’s going to want to pay $25 for a standard coffee mug.

It does have a union stamp on it, if it's actually union produced in the US then it's worth $25 vs whatever the hell screenprinting websites sell printed mugs from China for.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nick Soapdish posted:

Yes, remember Jeb!'s guacamole bowl

I really want a guacamole bowl that just says Jeb! on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUXvrWeQU0g&t=8s

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lmao

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

my world is a lie because Mr. Six wasn't actually an old man, it was Danny Teeson.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Why you posting stupid yellow scare poo poo in here.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

I doubt it, but I'd be shocked if Zuckerberg and Bezos weren't working on a global extermination virus

Zuck can't wait until he can finally walk free, without the skin suit he uses to disguise himself among the fleshy humans.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Eej posted:

I'm still reeling from a black guy posting we should let HK go so China can focus on developing the Whitey Virus being considered yellow scare

I'm not too good at the twitter thing I did the clickthrough and saw the MGS/Clancy tier transcript and was like "what is this yellow scare poo poo"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:banjo:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bored As gently caress posted:

Dr. Hill is such a goddamn fox. Nothing hotter than a brilliant woman. She's seeing through everything Nunes is trying to get at.

Bored As gently caress posted:

Sorry about your Low T

That's a fuckin' yikes from me, dawg.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

Good enough context to post this, which I saw, which therefore means y'all have to:

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1197616730346004490?s=19

Jacob Wohk's dad FYI

Oh dear lord.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

How is any of Donnie's Gallagher poo poo not unlawful command influence?

Commander in Chief is not a military member and thus can say whatever the gently caress he wants, and the military can't tell him no, or overrule him.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

could be like this guy i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyXzn9-Rcg0

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

McNally posted:

Really missed an opportunity to use this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv2VIEY9-A8

god dammit

The video i posted is definitely satire though, isn't anyone who has a microwave, gym, 32 inch tv, and all that poo poo in the back of a tacoma.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vasudus posted:

SecNav (and the CNO) waved when crab dad pointed at him like a tourist in a zoo so at least he's nice to the fans.

OH MY GOD THAT'S THE SECRETARY OF THE NAVY

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

I...don't know what to think of that :stare:

:stwoon:?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I think he brought me coffee once, maybe.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Copchat thread yo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

In 2019 hellworld someone sampled the entirety of the missile guidance system audio track, and then put some lovely filters over it in fruity loops, and then claimed it under copyright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZe5J8SVCYQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jxBy6wBxWk

Nothing is sacred

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

This poo poo is still open, gonna put a red block in the Excel spreadsheet that documents GiP moderator readiness, McNally.