Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

spaceblancmange posted:

The Macau Grand Prix is often better in theory than practice. Expect long SC periods or red flags as they unblock the track or pick a car out of a grandstand. The track itself is just insane though

It's ok OP, they've solved that this year by *checks notes* "Using quicker cars".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Custard Undies posted:

Will Martin Brundle commentate for as long as Murray did? It seems like he is missing more races/sessions each season.

Murray never had to do Free Practice anyway and there were 13-16 races a year then not 21 so I bet Brundle ends up doing more races.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah Merc will need to attempt to hire their next number 1 at this point. And if they thought that was Ocon he'd be in the car in 2020.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Rebus posted:

I'm just happy not being in 19th / 20th for a change.

Hey now...

... sometimes other teams have engine penalties.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/williams-advanced-engineering-sale-emk-capital/4616416/

Uhhh, Williams just sold off a majority stake in their actual money making side hustle to a private equity firm.

Uhhhhh.... for the first time I'm actually worried about the long term future of Williams now lmao

Holy gently caress, gently caress off, Claire. Jesus christ you're literally running all of this into the loving ground.

It's never a good sign when companies sell off bits that make money is it, like when HMV sold Waterstones before the first of their two crashes and Blockbuster sold off Gamestation a few years before they cratered.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

NtotheTC posted:

I know there are a few misguided Max fans but we don't have any honest to god red bull fans ITT do we?

There's us few residiual Minardi fans keeping an eye on Scuderia Wet Look Knitwear or whatever they're called this week but RBR? Nah.

I do have an RBR towel someone got me for a secret santa or something. I dry my arse with it.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I'm saving 1 can of Eau De Lewis, as well as 1 can of Rossi and 1 can of Rich and 1 can of Speed (Robby Gordon) in my vault

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

track day bro! posted:

thats a cool image but I don't recognise the track even though its gonna be blindingly obvious to everyone itt i guess

Phoenix 1990.

The clue is that Minardi right up in the lead group.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Frond posted:

Nissany’s son is the new Williams test driver.

But don't worry, the hiring of a man who finished 22nd in a field of 20 in Formula 2 and will have a logo on the car only on the weeks he's driving it is totally not for money.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

track day bro! posted:

I mean I'm not into golf but wasn't tiger pretty much done careerwise and he managed to come back to win something.

Yeah, imagine Schumacher had come back and not been dogshit.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Minto Took posted:

I'd like to see Dovi take a title this year, but if the Ducati still steers like a Multistrada, I don't see that happening.

Iannone is a moron and I'm glad he's gone. But since Fenati got another ride, I could see Iannone going to SBK.

I'm really interested to see how the Brothers Marquez work on the same team.

At the risk of playing into a thread meme I've missed, isn't Our Andrew Ian One still at Aprilia this year?

EDIT : Oh I managed to find the story, the absolute loving idiot.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Minto Took posted:

There was an Excite Truck!?

If you're kidding, yes, it was on Wii and it was loving excellent in 2007.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I would like to congratulate Lance Stroll on his richly deserved contract with a works F1 team.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

He'd have to beat Perez first. Maybe they'll sack him for someone Lance is faster than first. Bring back Hulkenberg.

Why do you think they were trying to hire Kubica?

If that fails... out steps a smiling Luca Badoer.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Zeta Acosta posted:

When Ferrari wins the WDC and WCC this thread will be renamed the Official Scuderia Ferrari MISSINWINDNOW thread and only true believers will be allowed to post.

This feels only fair.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ilmucche posted:

I think Paul Tracy did the same in IndyCar once, but that was because he hit a few people early

And late.

And in the middle.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

NtotheTC posted:

Milton Keynes is the historic venue of GOONKART. A kart race involving multiple Worst Thread posters and dangerous machinery in which- somehow- no-one loving died?

I did my best!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I'm like seriously offended that those dead soulless corporate automatons at Daimler AG wouldn't give more than a single 0.5" red star on their car to Niki but they'll give the entire loving air intake to some chemical company nobody ever heard of. The whole halo should be red for Niki.

Thread title

Then good news, I can't find the red star on the 2020 one at all.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I think they prefer to be called "Scuderia Ferrari" OP.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

track day bro! posted:

I mean thats the same working for an F1 team from what I've read, the pay is better in other industries that you'd be able to put to use simmilar qualifications but people want to work in F1 because well it's F1.

Yeah it's the same as games development, you can work 80 hours a week for half what you'd get paid for writing accountancy software and you'd go home at 5.

But games!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Tsaedje posted:

No big changes is basically the whole field this season though, it's the last year before major rules changes and Williams are not going to catch up seconds of time no matter how hard they work on it. They still have the buffer of their extra payments from being around so long to cushion another season of bad performance and it looks like rockit have upped their sponsorship from the size of the logos

Or demanded it to not walk.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Thanks Ants posted:

The career challenges of being an F1 driver in a Mercedes and finishing 84 points down on your teammate

She likes how he always comes second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Tsaedje posted:

Bad news everyone, steering is banned because it changes the aerodynamics of the car. Braking is banned now too, also acceleration.

This is Lance's chance to shine!