Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
may i at least see the patreon generated reports without the user information. just delete those columns in excel or w/e. can i just see how much patreon has consumed as a service user

i dont understand why it would take more than 5 mins to do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fun hater
May 24, 2009

World Famous W posted:

you ain't important, wait like the rest of us to see if jeff gets them or not

why. why would sharing that information be controversial

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

Wow this is a great idea, I think its really important that the mods and admins should see it right away. You should go post it in QCS!

the only person who has this info is the op. whats with the hostility

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i have the 15% founder plan on Patreon and the new pricing system is obtuse enough that my 20% estimate might be way off but it would be useful to know going forward what the cut is for when i need to bitch abt patreon about how theyre loving us lol

World Famous W posted:

no idea where you get that from "wait with the rest of us" but i don't think it is

asking for patience is not the same as asking to drop it

it would be the barest step toward any view of the backend and could be done very quickly for the benefit of freelancers

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

QCS is a really helpful cool forum where you can talk about issues with other threads, forum rules, and ideas to help other goons. It's the perfect place for great ideas like yours, I don't know what you're talking about re aggression.

this is unconvincing and weird behavior

spacemang_spliff posted:

from what plinkey has said he's come to an agreement with jeff to provide a spreadsheet of what's coming and going

for now I think that is about as much as the concerned citizens are going to get and you'll have to patient, in the meantime if you're uncomfortable with how plinkey runs the fund don't donate to it

if you're still concerned then feel free to start another QCS thread on the topic

im askin for a scrap here for data points tbh. if someone else has a patreon under the new pricing system dm me ty

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Plinkey posted:

I'll need the canceled checks from when you donated to a political parties, going back 5 years, also please print out all of your posts, i have a independent CSPAM auditor that's going to check them, I can not name them for doxx reasons

im not understanding this defensiveness when you could, in theory, end this discussion definitively and get back to what you were doing uninterrupted. the stock line seems to be that no amount of evidence will satify the "bad faith" posters but it seems obvious that mods and admins are willing to enforce criticism of you and the patreon since they do so now. why not simply provide them with literally anything as basis to fall back on as a justified ban reason for anyone doubting you. this seems like an easy choice, to me.

accussations of doxing are childish; framing these concerns as legitimate is intellectually insulting.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

if i had evidence that could easily demonstrate any of my claims, you would have to nail me to the floor not to provide it

e: i am especially vexed bc, as a patreon user, i know this evidence exists

fun hater has issued a correction as of 09:30 on Oct 25, 2022

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i dont understand the question

fun hater
May 24, 2009

tom kite posted:

It's very clear, how much money have you donated to the fund you're so angry about

CODChimera posted:

feel free to start your own fund. or help the other one

as a person who draws bad cartoons for morons for a living, "why dont you make your own" is a phrase that gets a lot of play when someone makes fun of your webcomic and you are 17 years old. it's surreal to see it leveraged sincerely by someone i presume is an adult over the concept of public records for a charity, a concept that i would have thought would be unanimously popular with peoples whose politics ostensibly revolve around preventing mistreatment and exploitation. additionally, "why do you care if youre not paying for it" was quite literally the ur defense for bad internet art since time immemorial and honestly a bizarre thing to say to another person as a challenge to their morals. do i have to pay into something i find dishonest to criticize it. if so, here is my patreon for you to return the favor, i think $5 will do. thank you https://www.patreon.com/aghoststory

e: hmm looks like i do have my own goonfund. well. mission complete

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Plinkey posted:

good for you, thanks for dipping into the thread, since it sounds like you'll be here for a while let us know how much of that is going to the goonfund

ah well, you see, i dont make much but a humble living on my wares

after taxes its more like 14k. i dont know why it would be shocking to know someone who draws for a living would not have a lot of money

may i see yours please

e: ap,additionally if i did have spare money, i'd have a pretty solid line up of more important things and people to spend it on lol. sorry chief, i have friends who come first

Plinkey posted:

yes, thank you, I will

i mean, if your intent is to carry on and refuse to address anything, i think you may also have to live with the fact that people are going to use the innate pattern seeking abilities humans have to draw their own obvious and unsavory conclusions lol

fun hater has issued a correction as of 10:23 on Oct 25, 2022

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Plinkey posted:

but, people that used to post in here to let me know that they emailed me, or posted in here as a confirmation to the community that they got some bucks, was tarnished, and if posters are afraid of posting in a thread, especially a mutual aid thread, take your fund elsewhere please

thats not very mutual aid of you

fun hater
May 24, 2009

^^ please do it and email it to me by 9am tomorrow bc i dont want to do this page

hmm. well it sucks for the people depending on you because you seem more willing to continue to put them into, and i cannot stress this word enough, perceived harms way and financial peril in order to prove some kind of point to someone instead of taking literally any action to demonstrate legitimacy and return the thread to its intended purpose. the math does not add up, to me. well. bon soir

WrasslorMonkey posted:

You really think continuing to post in this thread is the adult thing to do? I agree Plinkey antagonized you, but let’s be honest, the grownup thing to do would have been to let it be. This thread is getting attention from the top, your work is done here. Anything further from you is just petty bullshit and/or concern trolling.

Course I can’t stop you from doing those things if that’s what you find entertaining, just throwing it out there in case you didn’t realize.

im trying to be as sincere and honest here when i tell you it's insulting to be told im acting in malice considering the clearly dismissive responses i received to a genuine, but a little rude (?), post that offers a solution to the stated problem (that people now feel unsafe to post in this thread). this can be solved, near instantly, in my eyes by simply providing anything at all to an admin offering a low bar. it is legitimately confounding to insist that other people are making your thread feel unsafe while providing no cover when i know it exists and can be accessed.

also, i really really would honestly with my full heart like to know what the patreon cut is for the new tiers including fees. i hate patreon so much. i want more ammo, to hate them.

but: this all seems very emotionally manipulative, to share testimonials instead of data when requested, esp when ive said before that was my intent. sucks. [oblivion npc voice] well. bye

CODChimera posted:

maybe make a new thread for whatever you got going on here?

this is the kind of response i was talking abt btw. its weird to ask me for money and then get mad when i dont have any money. in the thread for goons with no money lol

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Plinkey posted:

I've been constructing a cross for tomorrow

e: to put myself on

there's a shocking amount of people throwing themselves onto a pyre for you and this project. this and posting people's personal emails as a transparent attempt to childishly emotionally manipulate people into dropping it is extremely disrespectful to them, at the very least. you could at least not undercut their efforts so blatantly for your own personal (emotional or otherwise) gain

Paladinus posted:

Patreon takes about 20%.

we doing know this for sure. but it would be nice to know, for sure.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

VideoKid posted:

you can easily go onto Patreon’s website to see their fee schedule.
https://support.patreon.com/hc/en-us/articles/204606125-My-earnings-fees-founding-creator-
It doesn’t look like they take more than 5% so idk where people are getting the 20% number from

thats how much patreon, specifically, takes. this does not include processing fees and the additional fee to move it over to the bank account. this also does not include VAT fees or US income tax (which they began collecting this year)

ex (mine, on the "insights" tab):

i have the slightly more favorable "founders" plan bc ive been on it since it started so mine is "only" (lol) 15%. 20% was my guess with the new plan. depending on the tier

e: oh yeah this article is about the founding fee lol. the new one is here
https://www.patreon.com/pricing

fun hater
May 24, 2009

who could have predicted this

e: did that guy asking for help really get lumped in as someone to be ignored bc they had a bad vibe about them. what the hell

fun hater has issued a correction as of 03:12 on Nov 27, 2022

fun hater
May 24, 2009

vortmax posted:

Well, the goonfund was nice while it lasted. Thanks QCS. You got what you wanted.

oh ....this was a real post........

fun hater
May 24, 2009

2 assumes that the donations and requests remains consistent without taking into account the effect that transparency/a committee/advice from the uk thread/ being run by an organizer might have on peoples desire to donate (for better or for worse) or their faith in having their requests taken seriously. there was a demonstration of 1 this month, like, a few pages ago. by the person who requested and was ignored for weeks, seemingly bc they were determined to be a troll

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i think regardless of whether he has "burn out" or (literally any other excuse tbh), it pales in comparison to the fact that he was perfectly content to let people's posts begging for financial help pile up with nothing but radio silence in return. i want to make it clear that despite my nasty little evil behavior, the driving force of my (and only my) actions is sheer disgust at the mere concept of stealing from a charity. it is one of the lowest forms of behavior! and the refusal to react appropriately to these accusations and instead taking it out on the people you're ostensibly supposed to be helping is beyond the bounds of socially acceptable malding. i am thrilled that the new charity is taking off and has the numbers to show for it. i am less excited that the wheels completely came off this one while people were depending on it for no reason other than pettiness.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

CODChimera posted:

what are you talking about? the wheels didn't come off despite ur efforts so don't worry

it's going to be hard to argue that a charity hasnt lost the plot when whether or your request is fulfilled and how fast it is fulfilled is based on the mood of the money-holder and how much they like you

fun hater
May 24, 2009

NeatHeteroDude posted:

It came up in the qcs thread, so I wanted to reply somewhere public. The reason I probed you for so long (a week is super long) was that the IK, myself, and Az had asked you and some others specifically lay off the thread while we were still waiting for Plinkey to get back.

Your post really helps explain where you were coming from, and I appreciate you explaining it. I don't think the fund is totally defunct because plinkey got mad, but I also don't know anything at all. I don't think more posts poking fun or jabbing at Plinkey will help anyone, but I'm also not the boss of what people can or cannot say here.

If you're just driving by to poke fun or stir poo poo (like a couple of other people), I just want to say that there are still people needing help and apparently being served, and please don't. It doesn't seem like that's what you're doing, but I want to give a general heads up to other people too.

lol my other posts were completely normal especially when compared to the total psychos that were/have been permitted to try to troll the new fund out of brainless distrust of "the other"; in this case they've just latched onto ultra specific forums beef. you and azathoth are frankly morons who inexplicably gifted him another month of income with no scrutiny in spite of a mountain of evidence that, at the very least, indicates he is incapable of having the temperament or desire to run something that affects peoples lives seriously. having stewardship over a group of people posting about how they don't care if they're being scammed should be a point of personal shame.

vortmax posted:

You have zero evidence

one of my repeated statements in this very thread is that generating the evidence would be trivial because you can do it on the patreon back end. when i point this out the response changes to "he doesn't OWE you that information", which leaves me to draw conclusions from his behavior and post history, as well as his cavalier attitude toward the 20% fee and incoming tax problems. i'm not sure how else to explain to you why we're stuck in this conversation loop.
the only person responsible for this fund's scrutiny is the person who refused to even assign a second person in case he is unable to distribute funds, for no discernible reason.

vortmax posted:

You got what you wanted. Stop pissing on the grave.

lol i am legitimately happy that there's a real fund now that no longer gets robbed by a middle man, you are right. your attitude toward it was repulsive, by the way. i do not understand why your intent appears to be to mock it and try to delegitimatize it.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

This is not a charity.

?????

Wheeee posted:

you realize azathoth and nhd don’t mod patreon right

im talking about the interference they ran when confronted with criticism lol

fun hater
May 24, 2009

precision posted:

i'm not a bad faith troll! i'm just broke!

the other goon fund helped me a little bit but i was stupid and didn't ask for as much as i really needed because asking for money really, really sucks

ask again! the worst anyone can say is no but the best outcome is getting some or all of the help. im relieved to here you were helped, idk why this thread was pretending like you didnt exist and was posting around you

CODChimera posted:

have u never just given someone money before?

when i give a stranger money irl there isnt a middleman who scrapes 20% off of it. this is not a difficult thing to comprehend as an obvious problem

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Has any of the concern/insinuation come from people that have actually given money to this fund

so you have to give money to the fund to have an opinion on it, but if you dont like how its run then dont give money to it. ????

CODChimera posted:

you don't know that

i do

fun hater
May 24, 2009

grieving for Gandalf posted:

for me, I just really hate the idea of a bunch of people getting fleeced, even if they are loudly yelling "FLEECE ME, FLEECE ME" but I guess I should really just mind my business and let them be fleeced. good luck, pals. only give money to this fund if you're doing quite well financially and can afford it

its this lol. its unfathomable to me that a group of people united under the assumption that they all want to improve peoples lives, especially financially and for those most likely to be taken advantage of, are angry and defensive to the point of parody over legitimate criticism.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

Take your crocodile tears somewhere else

if there were ever a sign from god that i was on the right moral path, its being told by the goon known only for how much he wants to run through a ASPCA like hes playing a doom .wad that im faking my empathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

that's not fair, IC also posts about strip clubs

concerning escalation