Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

bongmaster posted:

i need money for weed

Seize the means of weed production friend. its seeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

let bygones be bygones.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Thanks again for the help Plinkey :glomp:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

vortmax posted:

Thanks again for the help Plinkey :glomp:

you're welcome, and brave

I'm gunna post some emails that I've gotten since like Thursday and when I was out of town over the weekend, but this to me is completely unacceptable, people are afraid to post in this thread now

good job everyone

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
MODs/Admins

if people are scared to post in a mutual assistance thread, that's been running for 3 years fine outside of any oversight

do you really think that it's right that people who are asking for help are bullied out of this thread for fear of doxxing?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

hey dude, just wanted to make sure you'd seen this

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Obviously there has been a lot of discussion here and elsewhere. I've read dozens of testimonials of people helped by this fund. I recognize that administering something like this involves a great deal of hard, emotionally intense work. I don't want to say anything to diminish the serious positive impact it has made on its beneficiaries' lives.

I, however, am frustrated at *how* this has been run. The forums staff and I are not equipped to personally vet any sort of goon-run charitable organization. I refuse to be a link in that accountability chain - any fund that runs via this site has to show accountability on its own. I can respect that you forthrightly stated from the getgo that you will not be doing that, but given that the fund is so large, continuing with that policy would be a reckless choice.

I can appreciate the diy "just give help asap" nature of how this started, but it has grown too big for that to hold. Over $3000 is a lot of money to give out each month. If only for the security of the people who depend on it, I must insist you take measures to correct this at once. I am happy to give you a chance to bring things up to a reasonable standard, but it is not optional for the fund to be run in a way that doesn't allow any exploitation of goons' good intentions.

This is a start. I would like to hear exactly what is going to be on this spreadsheet, and how often will we see updates. Money in, money out, and money total would be the bare minimum. I also must insist that the money from the fund goes to its own bank account, dedicated for just this purpose.

Lastly, please someone you trust who is authorized to act on behalf of the fund. I assume this step will take the longest but it really is for the best. You should not just personally doing all of this. That doesn't have to mean they have access to everyone's personal information, but a lot of people depend on this fund, and you ought to make sure someone is around to operate it if you are unavailable.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

grieving for Gandalf posted:

hey dude, just wanted to make sure you'd seen this

yeah, of course i did, but there are some other more pressing questions that need to be answered about the last 2 weeks

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pat yourselves on your backs you idiots

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The Money

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

Comparing the pyf sagas thread to helldump or ED is fuckin deranged. Like, willfully ignoring reality to make poo poo up to justify getting mad at people. It's fuckin sad.

basically as deranged as c-spam posters. just in a different presentation

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

I don't post in cspam threads because they are not germane to my interests (I prefer actual political activism to pretend internet slacktivism and yelling about my political enemies in an echo chamber) but this thread had posts about threads I do post in so I started posting in it.

I'll need the canceled checks from when you donated to a political parties, going back 5 years, also please print out all of your posts, i have a independent CSPAM auditor that's going to check them, I can not name them for doxx reasons

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
arf, you never sent an email for some reason

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
What is the addreas

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

I call him gamblorg

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

ArfJason posted:

What is the addreas

money4arffund@geocities.com

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

YES

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Plinkey posted:

I'll need the canceled checks from when you donated to a political parties, going back 5 years, also please print out all of your posts, i have a independent CSPAM auditor that's going to check them, I can not name them for doxx reasons

im not understanding this defensiveness when you could, in theory, end this discussion definitively and get back to what you were doing uninterrupted. the stock line seems to be that no amount of evidence will satify the "bad faith" posters but it seems obvious that mods and admins are willing to enforce criticism of you and the patreon since they do so now. why not simply provide them with literally anything as basis to fall back on as a justified ban reason for anyone doubting you. this seems like an easy choice, to me.

accussations of doxing are childish; framing these concerns as legitimate is intellectually insulting.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fun hater
May 24, 2009

if i had evidence that could easily demonstrate any of my claims, you would have to nail me to the floor not to provide it

e: i am especially vexed bc, as a patreon user, i know this evidence exists

fun hater has issued a correction as of 09:30 on Oct 25, 2022

tom kite
Feb 12, 2009

fun hater posted:

if i had evidence that could easily demonstrate any of my claims, you would have to nail me to the floor not to provide it

How much have you donated?

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i dont understand the question

tom kite
Feb 12, 2009

fun hater posted:

i dont understand the question

It's very clear, how much money have you donated to the fund you're so angry about

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

fun hater posted:

im not understanding this defensiveness when you could, in theory, end this discussion definitively and get back to what you were doing uninterrupted. the stock line seems to be that no amount of evidence will satify the "bad faith" posters but it seems obvious that mods and admins are willing to enforce criticism of you and the patreon since they do so now. why not simply provide them with literally anything as basis to fall back on as a justified ban reason for anyone doubting you. this seems like an easy choice, to me.

accussations of doxing are childish; framing these concerns as legitimate is intellectually insulting.

feel free to start your own fund. or help the other one

fun hater
May 24, 2009

tom kite posted:

It's very clear, how much money have you donated to the fund you're so angry about

CODChimera posted:

feel free to start your own fund. or help the other one

as a person who draws bad cartoons for morons for a living, "why dont you make your own" is a phrase that gets a lot of play when someone makes fun of your webcomic and you are 17 years old. it's surreal to see it leveraged sincerely by someone i presume is an adult over the concept of public records for a charity, a concept that i would have thought would be unanimously popular with peoples whose politics ostensibly revolve around preventing mistreatment and exploitation. additionally, "why do you care if youre not paying for it" was quite literally the ur defense for bad internet art since time immemorial and honestly a bizarre thing to say to another person as a challenge to their morals. do i have to pay into something i find dishonest to criticize it. if so, here is my patreon for you to return the favor, i think $5 will do. thank you https://www.patreon.com/aghoststory

e: hmm looks like i do have my own goonfund. well. mission complete

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

fun hater posted:

as a person who draws bad cartoons for morons for a living, "why dont you make your own" is a phrase that gets a lot of play when someone makes fun of your webcomic and you are 17 years old. it's surreal to see it leveraged sincerely by someone i presume is an adult over the concept of public records for a charity, a concept that i would have thought would be unanimously popular with peoples whose politics ostensibly revolve around preventing mistreatment and exploitation. additionally, "why do you care if youre not paying for it" was quite literally the ur defense for bad internet art since time immemorial and honestly a bizarre thing to say to another person as a challenge to their morals. do i have to pay into something i find dishonest to criticize it. if so, here is my patreon for you to return the favor, i think $5 will do. thank you https://www.patreon.com/aghoststory

i have no money i gave it all to plinkey sorry

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fun hater posted:

good for you, thanks for dipping into the thread, since it sounds like you'll be here for a while let us know how much of that is going to the goonfund

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fun hater posted:

im not understanding this defensiveness when you could, in theory, end this discussion definitively and get back to what you were doing uninterrupted.

yes, thank you, I will

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Plinkey posted:

arf, you never sent an email for some reason

I sent one

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Plinkey posted:

good for you, thanks for dipping into the thread, since it sounds like you'll be here for a while let us know how much of that is going to the goonfund

ah well, you see, i dont make much but a humble living on my wares

after taxes its more like 14k. i dont know why it would be shocking to know someone who draws for a living would not have a lot of money

may i see yours please

e: ap,additionally if i did have spare money, i'd have a pretty solid line up of more important things and people to spend it on lol. sorry chief, i have friends who come first

Plinkey posted:

yes, thank you, I will

i mean, if your intent is to carry on and refuse to address anything, i think you may also have to live with the fact that people are going to use the innate pattern seeking abilities humans have to draw their own obvious and unsavory conclusions lol

fun hater has issued a correction as of 10:23 on Oct 25, 2022

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
but, people that used to post in here to let me know that they emailed me, or posted in here as a confirmation to the community that they got some bucks, was tarnished, and if posters are afraid of posting in a thread, especially a mutual aid thread, take your fund elsewhere please

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Plinkey posted:

but, people that used to post in here to let me know that they emailed me, or posted in here as a confirmation to the community that they got some bucks, was tarnished, and if posters are afraid of posting in a thread, especially a mutual aid thread, take your fund elsewhere please

thats not very mutual aid of you

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fun hater posted:

thats not very mutual aid of you

it is though

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

fun hater posted:

as a person who draws bad cartoons for morons for a living, "why dont you make your own" is a phrase that gets a lot of play when someone makes fun of your webcomic and you are 17 years old. it's surreal to see it leveraged sincerely by someone i presume is an adult over the concept of public records for a charity

You really think continuing to post in this thread is the adult thing to do? I agree Plinkey antagonized you, but let’s be honest, the grownup thing to do would have been to let it be. This thread is getting attention from the top, your work is done here. Anything further from you is just petty bullshit and/or concern trolling.

Course I can’t stop you from doing those things if that’s what you find entertaining, just throwing it out there in case you didn’t realize.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

WrasslorMonkey posted:

You really think continuing to post in this thread is the adult thing to do? I agree Plinkey antagonized you, but let’s be honest, the grownup thing to do would have been to let it be. This thread is getting attention from the top, your work is done here. Anything further from you is just petty bullshit and/or concern trolling.

Course I can’t stop you from doing those things if that’s what you find entertaining, just throwing it out there in case you didn’t realize.

nah, we need to see records, emails, documentation!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
(shared with permission)

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

fun hater posted:

ah well, you see, i dont make much but a humble living on my wares

after taxes its more like 14k. i dont know why it would be shocking to know someone who draws for a living would not have a lot of money

may i see yours please

e: ap,additionally if i did have spare money, i'd have a pretty solid line up of more important things and people to spend it on lol. sorry chief, i have friends who come first

i mean, if your intent is to carry on and refuse to address anything, i think you may also have to live with the fact that people are going to use the innate pattern seeking abilities humans have to draw their own obvious and unsavory conclusions lol

maybe make a new thread for whatever you got going on here?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i could draw that comic easy. give me 14k asap

fun hater
May 24, 2009

^^ please do it and email it to me by 9am tomorrow bc i dont want to do this page

hmm. well it sucks for the people depending on you because you seem more willing to continue to put them into, and i cannot stress this word enough, perceived harms way and financial peril in order to prove some kind of point to someone instead of taking literally any action to demonstrate legitimacy and return the thread to its intended purpose. the math does not add up, to me. well. bon soir

WrasslorMonkey posted:

im trying to be as sincere and honest here when i tell you it's insulting to be told im acting in malice considering the clearly dismissive responses i received to a genuine, but a little rude (?), post that offers a solution to the stated problem (that people now feel unsafe to post in this thread). this can be solved, near instantly, in my eyes by simply providing anything at all to an admin offering a low bar. it is legitimately confounding to insist that other people are making your thread feel unsafe while providing no cover when i know it exists and can be accessed.

also, i really really would honestly with my full heart like to know what the patreon cut is for the new tiers including fees. i hate patreon so much. i want more ammo, to hate them.

but: this all seems very emotionally manipulative, to share testimonials instead of data when requested, esp when ive said before that was my intent. sucks. [oblivion npc voice] well. bye

CODChimera posted:

maybe make a new thread for whatever you got going on here?

this is the kind of response i was talking abt btw. its weird to ask me for money and then get mad when i dont have any money. in the thread for goons with no money lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fun hater posted:

^^ please do it and email it to me by 9am tomorrow bc i dont want to do this page

hmm. well it sucks for the people depending on you because you seem more willing to continue to put them into, and i cannot stress this word enough, perceived harms way and financial peril in order to prove some kind of point to someone instead of taking literally any action to demonstrate legitimacy and return the thread to its intended purpose. the math does not add up, to me. well. bon soir

im trying to be as sincere and honest here when i tell you it's insulting to be told im acting in malice considering the clearly dismissive responses i received to a genuine, but a little rude (?), post that offers a solution to the stated problem (that people now feel unsafe to post in this thread). this can be solved, near instantly, in my eyes by simply providing anything at all to an admin offering a low bar. it is legitimately confounding to insist that other people are making your thread feel unsafe while providing no cover when i know it exists and can be accessed.

also, i really really would honestly with my full heart like to know what the patreon cut is for the new tiers including fees. i hate patreon so much. i want more ammo, to hate them.

but: this all seems very emotionally manipulative, to share testimonials instead of data when requested, esp when ive said before that was my intent. sucks. [oblivion npc voice] well. bye

this is the kind of response i was talking abt btw. its weird to ask me for money and then get mad when i dont have any money. in the thread for goons with no money lol

this is not your thread, stop it