Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Getting in on the ground floor to call out this quackery. I am an actual reverend doctor of macheticine, and what the supposed reverend doctor Evans is selling as macheticine, is nothing more than snake oil.

I really enjoyed the good guy xmas bonus episode about the Swedish dude who realised the power of a confident white man to yell at nazis until they freed a bunch of people.

Edited to add: PRODUCTS!!!!

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

An insane mind posted:

I thought he said in his last episode (The man trying to resurrect 8chan...) that he got banned? I also unironically love the Behind the Bastards podcast, even though some of the bastards make me physically ill. I'm surprised the Dutch and their history of bastardism haven't shown up yet. We're unironically pretty horrible.

You lot showed up briefly in the episode on the East Indies, but as with a lot of things to do with empire, you got beat out by the Brits.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

The audio really hosed up for a good chunk of the start of the live episode. I haven't finished it yet, but a lot of it sounded like someone pocket dialled me from the show.

Eta: I love the part where he asks the audience to raise their hand if they got their parents to buy them sea monkeys or xray specs as a kid, reveals what those funds went to, then just laughs uproariously at the audience's revulsion for a good while.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 27, 2019

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Hey Bob,
As probably someone's doctor, maybe it's time to chill with the live shows. I enjoyed the surprise back to back episodes, but please stay safe.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Hey Gunfondler,
I listened to the latest ep last night, and when BWD said "I could do this podcast for 18 hours.", I thought "yes please, this is entertaining as poo poo! You ain't touring, so why not?"

As my own personal Jesus podcaster, you're just going to have to record and release hours of more rambling chats with BWD, and 40k lore.

Seriously, that was just what the reverend doctor ordered. Thank you.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I'm still near the start of the Bill Cooper episode, and was just absolutely floored by what I'm hearing. I had to pause it, and write this note.

Holy poo poo Robert,
Thank you so much for informing me of the link between authoritarian parenting / physical discipline, and children learning to lie. I was completely unaware of this, and it feels like you just handed me a key for a hidden door to a deeper layer of my own psyche. I'm suddenly able to see a wide range of new perspectives into my siblings, and my own behaviours. There is a shitload of stuff for me to unpack, but you have just helped me become less confused about it all.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I haven't yet listened to the latest episode, but oooh boy did Robert choose a doozy of a bastard. I did notice something missing from the footnotes. If anyone is interested in reading a whole lot more, have a look at the reports from the truth and reconcilliation commission. http://nctr.ca/reports.php

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

teen witch posted:

The episode is absolutely worth a depressing as all get out listen to! The bit about the nutritional studies reminds me of the history behind Lördagsgodis/Saturday Candy in Sweden.

So in short, Swedish teeth were getting totally hosed up, and the (then) National Swedish Board of Health conducted a study to see if eating sweets and carbs and cavities were related. Spoiler alert! They absolutely are.

I intend to finish listening, I just chimed in prematurely. I've listened to a bit of it so far, and Robert absolutely nails the summary of what Canada is, and how we've gone about developing our modern aparthied state via slow, quiet genocide. I feel a large amount of shame at what my people have done, and an equal amount of rage for the large contingent of Canadians who shrug this off with the "what's the Indians' problem?" attitude. It's a tough listen, but I'm greatful this story is being told to a wider audience.

You would probably find agreement with the summary in the D&D Canpol thread.

Eta: got 20min left, and lol, are people in other countries getting ads? Because, ain't nobody buying ads in the version I got from google in Canada.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Aug 14, 2020

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I usually get ads. Other podcasts, robert recorded selling home security systems, and therapy, etc. It's just the episode on residential schools had the ad break music, followed immediately by the return from ads music.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Holy poo poo, USPIS FTW!

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Regarding Forky, I don't know any teens, but my pre-school aged kid loves him. Ain't no shame in being beaten to an award by freakin' pixar. Even attempting to compete with THE MOUSE shows gumption.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Emphasis mine

GunFondler42069 at about 50 min in to Satanic Panic posted:

Dissociation is a thing that happens when you under, when you're dealing with PTSD right? Like, We've all dealt with it. Like, It's a loving thing. But it doesn't involve forgetting the horrible thing that happened right?
:raise:This seems to disagree with what my therapist has told me.

GunFondler42069 immediately after the above quote posted:

(Heartbreaking clarification)
:stonk::hf::stonklol:
:sympathy:

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

GunFondler42069 posted:

the ads are y'know, ads, but i can honestly say iHeart is the best employer i've ever had. they're responsive whenever I need an ad pulled (like with Koch, Nancy Grace), give me total control over what (voiced) ads i accept and are extremely supportive of any project i pitch. i've never had them turn down an idea or tell me i couldn't say something. And the pay is pretty outrageous at this moment.

I know there are folks who think I could do a patreon or whatever, and I'm sure i could, but i have several issues with that:

1. I like the team I work with at iHeart (esp sophie) and no patreon I could reasonably get would pay us all living wages and healthcare

2. we are in a pandemic and economic downturn, money is very tight especially for a lot of the people who like my work. i have friends who make their living off patreon and that pool of money is not endless

3. generally crowdfunding involves backer-exclusive content, and i like that everything i put out is free to anyone who wants to listen

4. the size of their network is significant and they do a great job of amplifying my work. i think the stuff i'm putting out there is important, and because of iheart's reach I am able to reach millions of folks.

That is all great to hear, and (to me at least) a very reasonable way to look at the business you're in.
What I'd like to see is you make a thread or effort post in GWS about your pit turkey. Next time you do one, take a bunch of pics, and tell us how it's done. Or, you could youtube it. I'm interested in hearing/watching/reading/seeing more about all that.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Robert, have you thought about doing episodes in a reverse format, where the guest comes in and tells you about a bastard? It seems to me that if you did, like, two of those a year it'd be A) an occasional break for you when things like 'I need to go cover protests' happens, B) an occasional treat for your listeners, and C) a great way for you to get into bastards that might not fit your usual range of interests. I'd love to hear an episode on Walter Breen, for instance, because the utter bastardy that early SF/Fantasy fandom was shot through with is something a lot of people don't know about, but I have no idea if that's a topic you'd want to research - but if you get someone else to research it, well...

This, but with the spin or twist that it be an uplifting or positive episode. I propose this because:
The Raoul Wallenberg episode was an absolute delight
From the sounds of it, Robert has had quite a stressful/traumatizing year, along with many/most/all of us to varying degrees. Despite the importance of these stories being told about bastards, there are important positive stories to be told as well, and I think I can detect in what I've heard on the pods, a spark of hope or optimism with Robert that hasn't been snuffed out yet. An uplifting ep could be a puff from the bellows to help stoke that ember. Maybe in all of us?

What say you, big man?
:350:

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Protip: it's pronounced two ways. Kind of like "worster" or "wurster" sauce(the chestershire part is silent), or the way that will not trip you up, "Lee and Perrins". Best way to eat it is a little dash in the top of a bag of salt and vinegar crisps/chips, roll the top, shake it up, and you're set.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

teen witch posted:

condolences and please take it easy.

^This.
We're thinking of you. Take all the time you need. Your audience and readership will be there when you're ready.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

GunFondler42069 posted:

Knipex makes good poo poo.

Honestly I don't really use bolt cutters anymore since I got my battery-powered angle grinder. It is in my car with two batteries at all times. Motherfucker will saw through rebar and any kind of lock you care to try. Mine is a DeWalt, which is a solid mid-tier power tool brand. People who are handier than I tend to recommend Makita for just about everything, but DeWalt has been sufficient for my purposes so far.

was going to say this. Any time folks around here decide logging companies don't get to control access to public land, it's the battery powered grinder that comes out, not the bolt cutters or lockpicks. I have worked as a welder's helper in a previous life, and every single welding truck on the work sites would have Makita grinders. Granted, these were full powered, plug in style, but the fact they were the favored brand tends to reinforce what you say.
If you want to cut things faster, I think you're looking at rigs that are far more unwieldy, ie oxy-acetylene, plasma cutter, carbon electrode gouging, etc.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Is it flirtations with the gonzo journalistic concept of being necessarily part of the story, not solely an observer?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

GunFondler42069 posted:

australia lost a war against emus they don't get to tell me how to pronounce things

fair, but I think the US might have a higher figure in the L column overall.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i'll be the rear end in a top hat and say the south has alot of hard to pronounce city/town names and etc and i kinda like that. like i come from Pennsylvania Dutch lands and we have some weird ones but they are mostly "pick name from England/Europe/bible and add New to it OR just copy the name directly.

The only time I've been to Haarlem, I had a brief thought of "Hollywood lied to me again. There's an awful lot of pink skinned, Dutch looking people walking around here"

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

xtal posted:

I still sleep wearing boxing gloves.

Sounds like a good way to develop a kink for brick layers, or other guys with rough hands.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Thinking of you Robert, and sending sincere sympathies.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

RandomPauI posted:

I'll have to add behind the bastards to my patreon. But ar this point I'd pay for a cable type service for podcasts if it had a good ui and cost less than paying about ten individual podcasts 5-10 bucks each.
I'm here to inform you that CIA/Raytheon/I ❤ radio funding has pre-empted the creation of a btb/big bad bob patreon.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

LMAO “I’m Robert a professional political
podcaster who works for an intelligence agency. I have nO iDeA who the most successful political podcasters on Earth are!” lmao suuuuure Bobby.

Also you have literally name dropped Cum Town multiple times on your own programs

He has clearly admitted to being a hack and a fraud several times on air. Where do you get this idea of "professional" from?

GunFondler42069 posted:

i don't know anything about these other podcasts you people are talking about but everyone should be listening to Knowledge Fight

alright, but onlly if you give Schitt's Creek a chance.
Here's the pitch: Catherine O'Hara playing a former soap opera star, married to a fancy pants businessman who have recently found themselves losing nearly everything, and needing to live in a run down motel with their family.
She hams it up 120%
Bonus of having her play off Eugene Levy and a couple of his irl kids

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Hey, do yah wanna see my knives?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

some plague rats posted:

Wait, clear channel are prepared to give rob 400k a year but they won't pay his guests??
Lame if true.
For_the_exposure.twitter.meme

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

AceOfFlames posted:

The point of NFTs is not the actual art, is their potential as an investment or as a money-laundering mechanism.

gently caress, a lot (if not most) of the billions of dollars rich people spend in "real" art are for those exact same reasons. NFTs just make it even easier.
I wonder what the comparison might look like between the overhead and environmental impact of climate controlling and securing a warehouse in a free port, vs ~thE BlokChaIN!~

Wonder what Christie's et al have to say bout getting cut out of the middle of the racket?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I appreciate the apparent mentorship with Garrison. It would appear that Gunfondler is not pulling the ladder up behind himself. And, as a fellow canuck, I very much appreciated the It Could Happen Here episode Garrison did on the Canadian right.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Sorry, those are by prescription only in BC. Please speak with your reverend doctor of macheticine.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Nice. Might be a sign of something that I recognized Sophie from the first giggle, thinking "oh nice, she's producing this show too."

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Goddamn, someone buy that as a one-off gangtag for Robert. His own, bespoke "Many different users".

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I heard the CIA wouldn't allow Robert to lend Billy Wayne his knife, so it ended in a bitter breakup.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Post your insane BTB fanfic ITT

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

Robert is an active investor in ………..‘s child-hunting island

Well, the kids need a safe place to learn safe firearms handling, and how to field dress a deer. Public service really.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Isn't that what got the last thread locked?
Yeah, but it wasn't presented as insane fanfic. It was more along the lines of shouting Truths™.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

It's not like the dingus even had criticisms to voice. Just "I don't want to hear your voice"

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Vaguely related posting in the GBS OSHA thread

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Zugzwang posted:

“We’re just two best friends, chattin’ about our lives, and tryin’ to be a little better every day :neckbeard:

— the hosts of 500,000 different podcasts
Sometimes they like to get a bit zany, or even wacky on occasion.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

twerking on the railroad posted:

Are you trolling or did you not hear the whole "silver linings to the Holocaust" thing at the end of "Supernova in the Pacific"?

Holy poo poo. Don't know how, but I sure missed that. Maybe my eyes glossed over and I phased out before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Adam Something was a guest on Well There's Your Problem for an episode on his infrastructure projects. Certainly an interesting couple (Mrs. was a character too)