Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

The Lemondrop Dandy posted:

Reading the articles of impeachment, it's interesting how short and narrow the text really is. (1) is abuse of power which will get the most attention and we are all familiar with, but (2) obstruction of congress is so cut-and-dried that it's hard to see how it will be argued against. Obstruction of Congress is basically that A) Congress subpoenaed documents and testimony, B) Trump ordered a bunch of the executive folks to refuse to comply, C) this is an abrogation of the constitutional power of the congress.

I'm super interested in seeing how the arguments against the obstruction of congress will go.
trump didn't order anything "official" and twitter doesn't count.

democrats look like silly clowns for attacking obvious joke tweets from our hilarious comedy president.

8 more years (lol just kidding but seriously: 8 more years lol!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

oxsnard posted:

I want them to go after the trump kids hard too.

they won't. all of these people and all of this poo poo will be with the country forever. in 2046 you'll have trump jr on CNN giving his hot takes on what kind of custom Hawaiian shirt president miller is wearing

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1204795149081026566

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

bird food bathtub posted:

Former President SS coverage is for national security purposes. Don't want the guy who used to know all that stuff getting kidnapped or something. So assuming the universe is not a kind place and the fat mother fucker doesn't stroke out and die before he's a former president, yes he'd get the protection. He would not be the president though, so any other president could tell him to pound sand up his rear end instead of getting multimillion dollar contracts to his own hotels.
"sir ex-president trump was kidnapped and he talked immediately. the bad news is he told them everything he knows."
"and the good news?"
"it took two and a half minutes."

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
oh poo poo, did we ever get those pizzazz levels up?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
working hard, thank you!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean trumps gonna get impeached and trump will probably lose his poo poo and maybe gently caress up in the senate and he barely survives.
honestly there's a pretty good chance trump gets acquitted by the senate and, not understanding what that means, trump tweets his resignation.
the next day the papers are full of pictures of trump and co grabbing armloads of stuff from the white house and shoving them into limos.
matt gaetz announces that he's now in charge and tries to move in.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
https://twitter.com/MikeSpike77/status/1206658552082960384
yeah dems: he's not a criminal he's dangerously incompetent. Checkmate libtard.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

lol 64% of republicans are credulous morons. they absolutely believe they would exonerate trump if only the democrats would let them.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
the old republican party dies, a new one rises
it's an empty suit full of money, it doesn't matter who wears it

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
honestly am I in a bubble? IS there an "official" defense other than "it's not a crime when trump does it?" is it something I've missed?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

The defense is a mix of bullshit and table pounding. It consists of claims that the process was bad or somehow wrong (it wasn't), that the very act of impeachment is illegitimately overturning an election (it isn't), that witnesses exonerated the president (they super didn't), that what the president did wasn't actually illegal (it was), and that regardless of all that it isn't impeachable (multiple legal scholars testified that it definitely is).

Essentially, the defense is an attempt to throw so much garbage information at you that you lose the ability to tell what is really true.

To combat this slurry of bullshit, maintain the truth as your North Star. The facts of the case are clear, and are supported by witness testimony and documentary evidence. Focus on what really happened, do not get bogged down fighting each untruth. There are infinite possible lies and one truth - if you only fight the lies, you will never reach their end.

Focus on the evidence and the damned truth. Do not waste time deciphering all the bullshit, you'll never finish.

EDIT: Not that you are personally falling for it.
trump was asked, by a reporter, repeatedly, if he would accept foreign help with his campaign and he, repeatedly, even after all of this started, said on TV "yes, I think anyone would". And it never gets brought up! "this thing you did is bad and wrong, would you do it again?" "yes", if you're basing punishment on likelihood of reoffending, "yes I would absolutely do it again" seems pretty cut and dry.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
lol the president has been credibly accused of several sexual assaults any one of which might require factual evidence of pictures of trump's body to compare to testimony, like they did with michael jackson.
let's keep reminding the public of this!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Yeah, as a state we really do it to ourselves. There's also this constant chip on our shoulder about being portrayed that way, yet we keep doing poo poo as a state that deserves scorn. If we don't want the world to look down on us for what we time and again prove ourselves to be, then our only option is to change, to stop hurting our own citizens. But we won't, so we'll just keep getting stuck in this dynamic of being upset for being looked down upon by the yanks.

How we ran the last gubernatorial election was a farce. I hope one day Stacey Abrams is able to get back on top in politics.

if it helps the vast majority never think of you at all.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i remember when there were news stories for weeks about how evil public schools are because one sang a song listing the presidents and included Obama. they played the clip of the school children singing "Barrack Hussien Obama hmmm hmm hmm" over and over again cutting out the other 43 god drat verses that listed the other presidents. because liberals worship obama you see, it's an unhealthy fixation. they worship him!!!
Anyway trump was chosen by god and please wear at least one piece of trump flare every time you expect to be on television, than kyou.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

COOL CORN posted:

Wait did Trump just publicly say that dead congressman John Dingell is in hell???
And the audience laaaaaaaaaaughed. not that they loving know who he was, they just like being mean and spiteful.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Harrow posted:

Donald Trump talks like my late grandfather used to. That's the thing that strikes me every time I listen to him speak. It's the cadence, the mid-sentence digressions, the particular tone he takes when he says something he knows is mean or insulting. He pronounces things differently and has that distinctly Trumpy vocal quality obviously but the rhythm and cadence are remarkably similar and it's loving uncanny.

If he'd been alive to vote for Trump he would've done so gleefully, too. Dude had a steady dripfeed of Fox News directly into his eyeballs almost to the very end.
my dad talks like this too. that weird straining "listen" they do while they try to stall for time to figure out a lie "listen! listen! listen! I'm talking to you alright? Alright?" just all of the same verbal ticks, it's loving weird to hear. he even says distrustful things are "a beauty" like trump.
it's funny, unlike every other rich rear end in a top hat you can 100% tell trump is from new york, he never explored, never branched out, never used his money to go anywhere but pedophile parties. he's lead a sad, pathetically small life.
And he is the president!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

happyhippy posted:

Am surprised they didn't go after him and Jared selling passports to China and/or access to Don within the first six months of office.
Jared was hosting meetings with rich chinese business men, selling access passports and access to Trump for $500k and up.
jared organized a trade embargo with saudi arabia and others against qatar until they gave him money for his failing new york properties.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Ogmius815 posted:

I will say that the “Dems wanted to impeach since day one” argument has certainly been bolstered by foolish statements which took a cavalier attitude toward impeachment. Like “we’re going to impeach the motherfucker.” Impeachment is serious business.
it's no more serious business than any other function of the government. it's simply a process to go through to correct an error. I'm tired of the "impeachment is huge!!" talking point because it feeds into the narrative that we should be 1,000% sure before we even think to plan to impeach. "elected official does wrong, elected official has to go". it's pretty cut and dry and simple. it should be used more often and is only being abused by the GOP...who keep saying it's a sacred and momentous thing. so that only they have the wisdom to wield it. which they will. and they will always use it correctly while their opponents are stinky jerks who abuse things for revenge :(
but impeachment is simply a thing that can be done, like every part of a government it's a tool, neither good nor evil. it's not that it is being used, it's who is using it for what.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Ogmius815 posted:

This is wrong. Impeachment isn’t an appropriate remedy whenever a president is using his power in ways that the opposition wishes he wouldn’t.
Ah. troll.

bye.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
here's a pretty good read on what's happening on the prosperity side of christianity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XilvAwjjVCs
wrapped up in a review of kirk cameron's "saving christmas"

they no longer like the word "christian", their faith is in christ's divinity, not his message. they aren't "christian" they are "men of faith"
prosperity gospel has really caught on because there's tons of cash to be made if you know the secret word (jesus).

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

BigglesSWE posted:

This is like when they speculated that because Obama stumbled over a few words during his inauguration, he didn’t truly become a President.
the guy swearing him in hosed up some words and obama said the correct ones. they then, later on in the hall, did it all over again with the correct words just to prevent the gop from making it an issue.

we've known they were disingenuous fuckos for a long time but keep pretending otherwise.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

empty whippet box posted:

I told someone the other day(that I have known for 15 years) that I do not respect him because he is a republican and supports such heinous things. He got very offended and said that "you're the one saying you don't respect someone else because of a difference in opinion." As if to say I would be that way towards anyone who disagrees with me in any way. They just can't comprehend the idea that the things they're supporting are genuinely horrible and people will dislike them for supporting those things. That somehow makes them a martyr in their own eyes and the other people the bad guys for being mean about politics.
"difference of opinion" in "which persons should have human rights".

mister rogers taught us that everyone is special, these people learned that THEY are special.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
that's it! the 784th piece of evidence that blows this thing WIDE OPEN!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

eke out posted:

the pause here while he struggles to come up with this imaginary metaphor lmao

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1208776222123032576
"guys this impeachment thing is a dead cat you just keep playing with and playing with until the pieces start to fall off and the eyes that used to judge you finally stop their staring staring staring. and we just need to move on as a nation like a hooker in my crawl space."

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

FilthyImp posted:

It's astonishing that we don't have mechanisms in impeachment proceedings to say "YES compel the fuckers to speak"
not when the president is a republican!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/dsamuelsohn/status/1214341064867418119
https://twitter.com/dsamuelsohn/status/1214341719375962113

lol

they're staying with these guys that suck a ton, and they may also call some of the dumbest republicans in the house to speak for them
I'm sure they were up for days crafting the exact same strategy as before: jamming your fingers in your ears and screaming "NO FAIR NO FAIR NO FAIR"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
like...loving seriously. 100% they are squinting at "_rump did _rimes" and screaming "I don't see it! "Brump did primes" what could it beeeee???"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

That makes sense. He has to know how it would look to just go ahead with a trial on a purely GOP vote.
they'll just point to the purely dem vote and call it fair *wank*

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"here's a bunch more absolute evidence that would gently caress you or me for the rest of our life but now only serves to make the pile we're ignoring higher."

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

mcmagic posted:

I don't see much of a downside in letting them call Hunter Biden. There is major downside for assholes (Trump and Joe Biden) or it could just make the republicans look really dumb and they are going to muddy the waters with Hunter Biden stuff anyway.
they're gonna save time by not calling hunter biden and screaming "where's hunter??" the entire trial while very specifically not looking in his direction

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

The Glumslinger posted:

These are the people shaping our foreign policy
https://twitter.com/graceloum/status/1217311916097441792

Failed Landscaper.

so...trump hired a failed landscaper to fly around the world with his personal attorney "getting rid of" his friend's political enemies?

I mean that's a larry the cable guy movie waiting to happen.

for the 40 dramas we're going to get about all this poo poo I want ONE three stoogeseque adventure, is that too much to ask?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

MrBuddyLee posted:

Stanning for George Clooney as Lev Parnas.
ooooohh....I think a liiittle too literate, but still more fun than we're going to get.

god drat can you picture the dramatic moments? President cheerberder bowing his head slowly as the music swells and we pretend he ever had an emotion that wasn't greed or horniness.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

actuallysanta posted:

Shokin himself said he believes he was fired because he was investigating Burisma. Hunter Biden was being paid $600,000 a year to do 0 real work hours as chairman that was bolstered by his 0 years of experience in oil/gas. Its a bit of a stretch to say there is no way anything could be uncovered about the Bidens.
more "all lives matter" type bullshit. they only care about this because it's a good counter-narrative.

Sure, investigate biden, but that doesn't make anything trumpo did very legal and cool..

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

mcmagic posted:

No that isn't the reason. He was directly implicated as a child rapist....
which, turns out, is a tradition as American as apple pie or making servers live off of tips.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
the hosed up part is that I'm pretty sure most of these people are just as sharp as they were 30 years ago, in that they were never all that sharp but the system they were a part of, the old boy system that has kept them rich and famous for decades, is starting to wear thin. they don't have as much protection as they did before from their own idiocy because transparency is far higher and there are more people willing to call them out.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1219399171515592705

So they will be able to claim that they had witnesses while still covering up what the witnesses testify to. NICE.
sorry, why do people think bolton, a career toady, would do anything but be a toady?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

While this post would make absolutely perfect sense in a regular world, a meteor hit the Earth in November of 2016 as a direct result of the Cubs winning the World Series and we're all in hell now.

The Access Hollywood tape should have been the first indication that he's bulletproof. Sure, you can hit him but like a god drat cockroach he just won't die (figuratively. I'm not advocating violence. Hi, FBI!).
i think it's pretty clear at this point that for a rich person to be punished they have to agree to be punished. all this poo poo could have been done by clinton to get out of his impeachment, he just didn't, half these guys are taking a car service to their trials. one day someone just won't show up and we'll spend a few good months laughing about how stupid it is that they're not showing up and the angry wording of the fifth warning.
to be "bulletproof" all you need is enough money to pay a lawyer to tell the gun "not today, please come back later" and kinda wait for the issue to die down.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
everyone gets a 30 second facebook clip of [republican toady] shouting "HOW DDDDDDAAAAARE YOU, SIR!!" with the headline "[republican toady] destroys democrat hoax" and when you talk to them about the news of the day they smugly smile and say "looks like that democrat hoax got destroyed" and when you try to explain they shout "fake news" until you walk away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

PIZZA.BAT posted:

What started this entire thing was the white house releasing the transcript of their abuse of power entirely unprompted. He should have been impeached then & there. He went on live television and openly bragged about obstructing justice by firing Comey.

It’s getting real tiring but Trump’s already been shown multiple times that he can openly brag about his abuses of power and get away with it. So what’s one more?
all the graffiti in maralargo is about what to do to make the most of the classified info trump just accidentally blurted out while ordering from the omelette bar "know troop movements? fast american cash now!"