Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I want nothing

Party Plane Jones posted:

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

more than this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

ewiley posted:

Yeah, that's a good point, why would a known idiot Trump, use a term like quid pro quo without being prompted?

e: "i want to state loudly that i am not doing crimes here, as advised by my crooked lawyer, but convince them to, you know, do the right thing!"

Trump is exactly the kind of person that thinks that saying "I'm totally not committing this crime I'm currently doing" makes him innocent. His entire life is magic word BS, which the GOP has conditioned their base to buy into.

See also: Radical Islamic Terrorism.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

oxsnard posted:

it's literally the only way to successfully convict mob bosses due to several layers of delegation of commands. This should be obvious

It's pretty much what RICO is for.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Skex posted:

Sure that's totally why it was the Right who wanted to remove it in the first place.

Things are far more sophisticated now than they were back then in terms of how things can be 'balanced'. And of course we have all of these wonderful judicial slots filled with people who would say that 'Psycho Right' and 'Evil Right' hours means that the station is giving equal time to two views.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

It was something the South was very worried if because most of the western expansion area was not good plantation ground so ill suited for slavery.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Gatts posted:

Don’t forget Mitch is on the take from Russian money so even if he has concerns with the GOP he had them build a plant in Kentucky and he might go for broke to support his meal ticket. Might place that as more important than the Republican Party.

Roberts is dangerous but you might be able to play him and his legacy

I don't think it's even built yet, or at the very least not complete. Last I could find was stuff from mid-year where the location is still a field.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The GOP has been a big tent party as well, but until the last few decades the various factions of it were mostly involved with their own things and didn't really care about the other extremists.

The Neocon military types didn't care about the big business types who didn't care about the hyper-religious types who didn't care about the super-racist types who didn't give a poo poo about what little remained of the 'moderate conservative' after all of the fringes pulled people away from the pseudo-center.

They're straining now because the fringes are all trying to take the wheel and direct everything towards their fringe over the others, but the party hasn't fractured because they're all still united in 'Making the Libs Mad'

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

eke out posted:

we haven't considered that Marie Yovanovich is an Oracle type character that had a giant bank of monitors in Kyiv with live surveillance of all conservatives that dare speak out against her

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1217629488869191681

Dan Bongino is pretty deep in crazytown, isn't he?

Biden's done for now...

*pauses, reads*

Ooohhhhhhhh

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Lambert posted:

You should check the approval ratings charts: This stuff isn't moving the needle at all. And, in fact, Trump is pretty popular now compared to the beginning of his presidency.

And most Trumpists aren't going to accept the notion of "oh hey we almost had a war".

"pretty popular now" is a pretty curious statement to make considering he's at 42%

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

mcmagic posted:

Yeah but he's higher now than when he won in 2016.

Only hated by most instead of reviled by even more.

Also he was higher when he won. He's around 47/42 at the start of the chart.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

An insane mind posted:

So is there a reason beyond, hey I have a book coming out, that Bolton's manuscript went to the white house at this moment in the trial? I mean I understand he's a ghoul, but I was also pretty sure he was a party (as in Repub) mainstay that never wavered? Did Trump sour him this badly that he wants to sink president deals?

Standard practice for anyone with security clearance, supposedly. They look over it and give the 'no classified information in here' approval.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

SubG posted:

Edit: He sounds like he's going for the impeachment equivalent of jury nullification.

Technically that's what is going to almost certainly happen.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

SubG posted:

Motherfucker is seriously pearl-clutching over motherfucking pens.

Isn't that even fairly common practice when it comes to 'historical event' signings?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Herstory Begins Now posted:

This really is Trump getting the defense he wants isn't it, they just said gently caress giving the senate cover

That was always going to happen.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I don't think there's anything that will get them to convict unless it was a secret ballot. He could literally shoot John Bolton on 5th avenue and it wouldn't matter.

Don't be absurd. Trump would never do something that good.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

An insane mind posted:

The only thing the majority Americans have agreed on for the first time in who knows how many years is 'yes we should see witnesses' even 'convict and remove' is over 50% and McConnell is just going to poo poo on that? He can't be half as confident as he's showing.

They're strongly relying upon most of that >50% being in the parts of the country that have less than 50% of the say in voting.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Trump lives the TV drama life so he commits TV drama crimes, the sort of things that people recognize as being bad because its what the bad guys on those shows do.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Frank Sidebottom posted:

Roberts isn't going get involved. It'll die 50-50

Roberts is already involved at that point. 50-50 with no action by him (which may not be possible?) is involvement.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Showing that his threat of knives in backs wasn't hollow.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Jaxyon posted:

It's mindblowing that the guy who finally slid the US into dictatorship was that guy people have been making fun of since the 80's for being a ridiculous blowhard.

The people behind The Apprentice have much to answer for.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

eXXon posted:

... except white nationalist nazi militias terrorists.

Cops only kill fellow cops when they're exposing corruption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

BiggerBoat posted:

That speech today was...uh...

That sure was something. I got caught listening to what little I could stomach and I just...ugh.

Who LIKES this poo poo? I swear to god I tried. I REALLY tried. I was stuck between commercials on a few radio stations and said "OK. Let's listen to this. then" 40% of this country hears that and goes "yep, this is what a REAL president sounds like, god dammit!" and all I heard was meandering gibberish. Even by Trump standards this thing made no sense.

I honestly feel like I have no place in this society and don't know where to start with this. Living in NE Florida isn't helping me any since I'm largely in CHUD country but loving my god.

Part of it is that it requires them to admit that they were wrong about Trump, especially if there is friction between them and family members over their support of him.

I have in-laws that cling to the whole "Blue Collar Businessmen" bit and literally believe that he's as competent as portrayed by The Apprentice.