Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Travic posted:

I just don't understand. Why? Why won't they listen? It's easy to just say they're stupid or ignorant or some snarky comment, but I am serious. What happened to our country? It makes no sense.

It's been a constant denial for 4 years. I'm reminded of him calling Megan Markel nasty. They would not even believe the transcript of him saying it and held up the transcript as proof that he didn't. What in the gently caress is happening?

This is the poo poo that scares me the most. People don't even believe the things they see with their own eyes. Like when he told Stephanopolous on national tv he would take foreign help in 2020. They just went, "Nope, not real. Made up. Didn't happen."
Evangelical Christianity used to be very effective at subjugating women and minorities and the poor, but has been constantly losing its efficacy over the past few decades. Trumpism is restoring their power, so evangelicals are in favor of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

GutBomb posted:

Romney isn’t as bulletproof in Utah as you guys think he is. I live in Utah and Utah Republicans (mormon and non-mormon) LOVE Trump way more than they love Romney and complain all the time about Romney’s issue with him and they’d gladly replace him when the time comes with some better option.

There are a few mormon Democrats too (I’m one)

He’s also a coward. At the end of the day he’ll stick with the party because he wants to keep his seat.
Romney's not up again until 2024. Absolutely nothing he does now will matter at all for his re-election.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

ManBoyChef posted:

I dunno. I used to be an errand boy as my second job for a person that owned a bunch of restaurants in Syracuse. He had a parrot and that bird was such an rear end in a top hat. He always wanted to "hang out" and by that I mean climb on me, bite me, and squawk in my ear. He also always made a huge mess, which I didn't really mind as he is an animal, but the rest was upsetting.
Sounds like you had an even shittier boss than most, but why did you think the parrot was an rear end in a top hat?

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

The Pussy Boss posted:

impeachment has failed
Trump was never going to be convicted and removed. But the Democrats now have a bunch of vulnerable Republican Senators on record as not even allowing witnesses or evidence in the trial, and they will vote to acquit in the next few days.

If the Dems can pick up a Senate seat or two out of this, it was extremely successful.

And it's also successful already in that they did it at all. Democratic turnout could have been greatly depressed if the leadership went an entire presidential term without pushing back at all against the blatant criming.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

KillHour posted:

Impeaching a president for something they did before they were president and everyone knew they did but elected them anyways is the dumbest idea. Even Republicans know that and it's an empty threat.
It's an empty threat because the idea that the Democrats would win the presidency but not keep a majority in the House is laughable. They could potentially pull this dumb poo poo in 2023 at the earliest, and by then they will have invented something newer and better to impeach him for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

W was stupid, but not as stupid as the persona he projected. A good example is his "can't get fooled again" gaffe. He realized that he was about to say "shame on me" directly into a microphone, which would have been cut and used against him, so he made up some nonsense on the spot that was in line with his bumbling idiot persona. So that was quick and clever of him, but if he was actually smart, he wouldn't have put himself in the situation to begin with.