Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

i ran into Electroboom at the Vancouver airport outlet mall, he's dreamy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

I like to imagine the guy in the back sneaking away continues off the roof, into his car, and into the sunset, never to be seen again

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Erisian Automata posted:

Usually if I ask someone what their favorite radiological accident is, they look at me strangely but it's good to see we're all friends here.

It's always Goiânia because of Herbie Goes Bananas.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

drat, looks like my fleshlight delivery is going to be late

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
A friend of mine had the same thing happen with a line of fence posts he crashed into after falling asleep on an s-curve with his daughter in a car seat in the back. He said when he stopped he was unhurt and his kid was laughing and having a grand olde time, but looking over at the passenger seat he realized that his wife would have been impaled through the chest if she had been in the car with them that morning .

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Cojawfee posted:

Pff, my dad's got some tools. Just need to hammer that out.

lol that's basically verbatim what my friend said when my other friend we were riding with drove his suburban into the side of a house at one in the morning when we were the ripe ol' age of seventeen

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Nenonen posted:

those WW2 DUKW tourist buses, they're not safe enough for leisure trips.

there's a whole fuckin osha thread by itself right here

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Shut up Meg posted:

The Chubb guy told me that the powder was an incredible laxative of the 'run for the toilet if you swallow any' kind.

brb

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Azhais posted:

He made him watch the non-director's cut, the monster

but the directors cut is bad

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

we don't go to Ravenholm any more

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Buckaroo Banzai's opening scene is different than I remember

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Zushio posted:

I don't remember if it was mentioned here, or if this is exactly OSHA, but it was certainly interesting to be woken up at 4AM by my cell phone going insane.

False nuclear plant warning in emergency alert system likely a routine test gone wrong, government says

My friend was in Hawaii during the "nukes inbound" false alarm text message. All the businesses in the area she was in locked and shuttered their doors. She and her family were left to wander the streets with her family and wait for death with the rest of the tourists.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

I remember that thread. I found a security camera for a laundromat somewhere in Japan and lost days to it.

Double Robotics used to let anyone log into their beta ipad-on-a-segway thing at night to test drive it around a closed office. Like anyone on the internet, totally open login. I spent three weeks logging in every night and knocking it over as soon as I could. It was great watching the furniture and potted plants slowly disappear from the room as they tried to remove tripping hazards. They even ended up installing rudimentary collision detection that would slow the thing down when it detected an object near the wheels.

One night I got bored and repeatedly ran it screen-first into a door handle over and over until some lady who was working late barged in and yelled "what the hell do you think you're doing?!?!". So of course, I then used Manycam to stream meatspin to the iPad screen.

I think I saw a video on the YouTube where someone managed to wedge it under the door and get it to open, releasing the thing into their main office in the dead of night. When it got to the stairs leading down to the first floor I shuddered with glee, but the coward turned around and drove it back to the office. For shame.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Stolen from PYF Funny Pictures

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Pre 9/11, a family friend took a three foot long corn snake tied in a pillowcase on the plane. He put it through the x-ray machine and everything. Didn't have any trouble.

Jesus Christ I've never taken a poo poo that long, let alone thought to carry it around with me in a pillowcase.

Wait, what's a corn snake?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

goatsestretchgoals posted:

I fused multiple eyelashes together on a hangover morning. Pro tip: if you want to light a cigarette off a gas stove, light it before you lean in.

Well, that and lean in like you're eating a taco, not giving a blowjob.

I always got a huge laugh at the kids that came to school with the tip-of-a-butterknife burn on their lip. Push down, don't pull up, when you hotknife, dumbass.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Cojawfee posted:

Why the hell is he trying to run the engine while it's hanging from the engine hoist?

I can't find the original post where the dumbass explains himself, but IIRC it's not even a proper hoist, it's just some straps and the car is up on blocks or something.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

deoju posted:

This came up on my google news feed because they know I like Batman...

Lift comes down on top of woman on a movie set, paralyzes her. She wasn't even a stunty, just a production assistant.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/03/14/woman-paralyzed-while-working-on-set-of-batwoman-in-vancouver/

You could chalk this up as a freak accident, but a stuntwoman died in Vancouver a few years ago filming Deadpool 2. Two major gently caress ups like these should invite some more oversight.

There will be no more oversight. poo poo's been happening since cameras started rolling in BC and nothing ever happens.

Joi Harris was a professional motocross racer who was hired to double Domino on Deadpool 2. Although she was an accomplished racer, this was the first time doing stunts on a film. She had successfully completed the stunt in question five times, when on the the sixth take she overshot a platform, struck a curb, and was thrown helmetless through a plate glass window. During the investigation, the production claimed that it was "not possible" to CGI Zazie Beetz's face overtop a helmet, even though Fincher had done it with Rooney Mara in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo almost 10 years earlier. The studio received a Worker's Compensation fine, settled out of court with Harris' family, and the movie made a poo poo ton of money.

Late least year, Ron Perlman was driving a truck while shooting some non-union indie shitter in the Okanagan when he had a geezer moment and drove through video village (the area where the director and key crew members can watch what the cameras are capturing), running over a number of propane canisters that were being used to heat the tents, and causing a minor foot injury to one crew member. The producers reportedly attempted to continue shooting for the rest of the day, causing a number of crew members to quit. TMZ has footage of the aftermath.

In 2016, Maze Runner star Dylan O’Brien was almost killed during a "vehicle transfer" stunt when he fell from one vehicle and was struck by the other. He suffered serious physical injuries, including a traumatic brain injury. The production was halted and it took O'Brien almost a year to recover.

In 2014, on the set of Falling Skies, a parked but un-chocked production truck rolled backwards down a hill, pinning a Teamster security guard against a tree and killing him. The tailgate had been lowered to load equipment, and was reportedly a factor in his death. I actually heard someone say that "he was cut in half by the tailgate, but being stuck in that position kept him alive, so they brought his wife and family to say goodbye before they moved the truck, which they knew would kill him, which reminded me of how stupid people fall for urban legends, and also that the M. Knight Shyamalan movie Signs was loving awful except for that one scene where Joaquin Phoenix is watching TV.

In 1998, Vancouver stuntman Marc Akerstream was killed when he was struck in the head by a piece of flying debris while watching the explosion of an empty rowboat on TV series The Crow: Stairway to Heaven. You may remember him as the gang member Jackie Chan fights with a pinball machine in Rumble in the Bronx. Akerstream was not involved in the stunt, but was watching the explosion from the shore when debris ricocheted off a tree behind and struck him in the head.

In 1997, local stuntman Keith Perepelkin was killed in Squamish, British Columbia during filming of blockbuster Howie Long masterpiece Firestorm. Perepelkin was dropped from a helicopter attached to a 50-lb dummy, but his chute failed or did not open. He had never completed a low-altitude jump before, was wearing a high-altitude pack with no reserve, and the helicopter he jumped from was reportedly only half as high as it was supposed to be per the stunt permit. A number of non-local members of the crew fled the country after the failed stunt. I don't believe anyone ever faced trial, even though the stunt coordinator, Glenn Wilder, and executive producer, Louise Rosner, were charged with criminal Workers Compensation violations. The production was eventually fined a grand total of $60,000, which was probably more than that piece of poo poo made after publicity costs.

This is just Vancouver and the surrounding area. Google 'Sarah Jones Midnight Rider' if this post didn't make you angry enough.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Can't have fat labor if you don't give them enough food :colbert:

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

no one has posted photos of their dadballs yet. i want to see dadballs!

(editor's note: in the Phiz Kalifa Shizophrenic Universe, a dadball is a glass jar full of either bent nails, rusty screws, or a melange of both)

I don't have a picture of any dad balls but I do have a picture of a dad grenade we found while cleaning out his kitchen cupboards when he was in the hospital. It was right next to a jar of hoisin sauce that expired in 1998.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

shame on an IGA posted:

that's early 90s BiLo house brand, bonus points that it was marked down for being about to expire when he bought it

It was most likely bought by my step mother, who passed away in 2014. She could not pass up a deal.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Isn't Lee's Summit where Lowtax lives? Hmmmmm

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Entirely possible he died instantly but there was no one around to "officially" rule and note the time of death until they wheeled his headless corpse into the nearest medical facility.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Oh yeah!

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

I just wanted to say I approve of this post

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

I thought the blue strobing in the first video was electrical arcing at first and I was like why the gently caress is the cameraman so close.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

occluded posted:

I started an engineering degree this year and have learnt so goddamn much from reading this thread, I love it.

Edit for content: I used to (pre-covid) work as a steadicam operator, which is all running around film sets while bolted in to a heavy, expensive camera harness, and if I get time and people want I’ll write up some stories about the stupid poo poo me and others like me were expected to do as part of a normal day’s work by producers who haven’t heard of risk assessments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjSxVBW3Vx8

(Yes I know this isn't a steadicam but it should make your butt cheeks clench just the same)

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

LifeSunDeath posted:

it's funny because drones already made humanoid robot soldiers pointless. the real use will be as private security for the rich.

i see you've seen Elysium

e. actually, that's a pretty OSHA movie. Matt Damon doesn't tag out his nuclear oven and that sets off the plot. Also,

https://i.imgur.com/6SOnFU8.gif
:nms: for movie gore

Dillbag fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 30, 2020

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

fuckingtest posted:

yeah like those old-timey hot coals burning in a cooper pot you put in your bed.

Don't burn things in an environment with no airflow.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
whoops

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

PinheadSlim posted:

The next video youtube recommended me was a pro click for learning more about these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWVdeA3tUnA&t=135s

At this point in the video you get a small peak inside the kiln while the gun is firing. The real treat comes right after that when the robot voiced narrator casually brings up that Remingtons 8ga shotgun for this sort of work is called "The Master Blaster", and here is a Remington 8ga shell next to a standard 12ga shell.

https://i.imgur.com/go72l4S_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grand

that sounds like the ceramic knoives guy

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Strawman posted:

The noted judge of satisfying endings Stephen King?

He's better than Crighton at least!

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

from a while ago but i'm legally obligated to comment

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

azurite posted:

Not sure what's going on here. Heroin?

Opioids.flv

e. Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j_re2IwSOI

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Bum the Sad posted:

Is that powered by him jacking off behind it?

No, it's to jack off 9 dudes at once during a gangbang and then doubles as a ceiling spray painter

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

D-Pad posted:

No it can be. Usually this happens in a situation where somebody has a really intense nod on and a inexperienced person thinks they are OD'ing when they aren't and hits them with it. To somebody who hasn't been around addicts a heavy nod where the person is mostly unresponsive (but breathing normally) can easily seem like a medical emergency. This will piss that person off when they are suddenly awake and sick. On the flip side in a true OD situation, the person who just got hit with the Narcan will not always realize how bad of a situation they were in and will make this complaint. It does actually happen.

I've been through a lot of poo poo in my life and precipitated withdrawals is by far the worst experience I've ever had. I am extremely glad that part of my life is over.

I can back this up, I know EMTs that have had people come out of an overdose combative because they don't understand (or don't care) why they're suddenly sober and not in the happy sleepy place.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Sy_MHJstk&t=98s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

ah that music brings back memories