Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
i was on a site with a big neon sign next to their permit office that said 700something days since an incident and it incremented every single day i was there including when a guy had to get 3 stiches and when someone else dropped a entire pallet of custom made aluminium studded ceramic bricks and shattered them and when someone threw out their back and had to take like 2 weeks off. i asked the head of maintenance what the gently caress you gotta do to get that number reset and he said the last time it was reset someone lost a finger. cool site glad to never go back there ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

removing a mask is a common enough thing that they drill into you to not do that under any circumstances in industrial air work also. somebody died around here in the last couple years because they panicked when something went wrong and ripped off their mask in a toxic environment

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

robot forklifts that do their jobs in a automated way exist

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

the rescue people are clearly capable of carrying the dummy why would you want a loving horse to do it anyway

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

They're not plastic. Read the article.

stopping people from getting hurt riding your train wrong by killing them seems like a weird strategy

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

huge violation them baby birds are not tied off at all

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

drk posted:

Not sure if this is super clever or a terrible idea that could get someone dead

yes

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

because then the guy cutting corners or stealing material has to put it on paper that they did that

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

pretty sure it's the frame of the Volvo stopping the cart not them pulling their punches

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

nomad2020 posted:

The MSDS specifically calls out the use of a SCBA in oxygen deficient environments (why are they on fire if no oxygen?)

fire creates a oxygen deficient atmosphere some times by using up all the oxygen or too much of it to allow for people to breathe. but also the composition of whats burning can mean that the reaction provides its own oxygen

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

i hate this so much. insane that it could ever be random bystanders that report this first. should be a dedicated river rescue team for any work off the deck. gently caress!

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

the yeti posted:

Would that be co co2 h2s nh3?

nobodies wearing a personal co2 monitor lol. the standard array is co lel h2s O2 but different environments have different setups

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

5er posted:

I'm confounded as to how these things were intentionally stored on the most rickety setup in the first place.

VERY CAREFULLY

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

OK what if you need to bail out though, how do you take it off then, huh?

it's probably attached at both ends, so you take off the one you are attached to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Vlaphor posted:

This is just impressive design all around. Good OSHA

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_sb80v4ZAhB1yzbs45.mp4

bad safety practice here. handling a rope with bare hands and guy in line of fire while the poles swinging