Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I'm honestly surprised the train was able to slow down even that much in only 260 feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

gently caress

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

When I was a teenager I worked in a factory that made truck and suv frames. Tons of robot welding.

Last station on the line was 4 humans, to fix all the hosed up robot welds. They're like any other tool, maintain them or they gently caress up.

I also worked in an automotive manufacturing plant and if a machine hosed up, it was our fault.

If we let supervisors know there was a problem, they would let the line limp along as if nothing was wrong, churning out lovely parts and it was still our fault if poo poo got out. They would not allow maintenance to purchase the parts needed to permanently fix a machine.

If someone got hurt, it was our fault. If someone got hurt even after we turned in a safety issue to the health and safety officer, it would never get fixed and it was our fault. We had to bring our own foam pipe wrap in to put on sharp edges of metal because if we didn't, no one would.

If we didn't make quota for parts daily, it was our fault. If we made quota, they expected that every day and if we didn't reach it, it was our fault. If we exceeded quota once, then that was the new quota going forward and if we didn't reach it, it was our fault.

I worked every department in that place (PCB manufacturing, ABS injection molding for the housings of the fuse boxes, and LSR molding for the electrical seals, and inspection) and it was always the loving same experience.

Years of this poo poo grinds you down. You'd have to be a hosed up individual to take pride working in a place like this.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 13, 2022

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

haveblue posted:

It kinda is, being designed to eke out all the lift it can get at extremely high altitudes means it's almost hard to make it not fly in lower, denser air

That is pretty danged cool.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Gabelstapler Khrist

That's the best I got. Sorry.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Good lord. If this happened to me, I'd have to slowly get down off the ladder, set the chainsaw down, and then just sit on the couch and remind myself just how stupid I was for 4 hours.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

This does not help me understand what "beecocking" means at all

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Imagine being the individuals that are making the final cut on that big-rear end tree and having to haul rear end away from it to avoid getting squashed because you never know for sure which way it will fall or if it will kickback or roll.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

That cave pervert just needs to get a weighted blanket.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

From the replies:

https://twitter.com/bontrager_keith/status/1495443890253357059?s=20&t=Wv0dn8OYo4OwrLKpqvtt8g

I drive a 2019 Ranger and the thing is bigger than F250s from the mid-2000s. poo poo's insane.

This poo poo should be illegal to drive.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Just going to work everyday at the construction site in my crocs.

Yeah, they could've at least worn their steel-toed crocs.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

These rule, they are useful for keeping winter roads in shape. Unfortunately someome seem to think they should be removed from service, down from 400ish to 68 nation wide I hear.

Huh? This can't be right. My little rural county in Bumfuck-Nowhere in the southern US has at least 2 of them.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Back to truckfuckling for a moment

https://i.imgur.com/7F8tepS.mp4

Dumbass was so eager to cross that he tried to beat/went through the barricade only to not only stop on the tracks but try to reverse.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Tell Diresta to gently caress off and give Naomi Wu a show if that's what he's going to do, imo.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

How in the gently caress does the universe line up so this poo poo not only happens but is caught on video. Imagine all the wondrous things never preserved for future viewing

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

That guy wire acting as the perfect springboard ramp for that tire to smash right into the driver's side of that car is some Final Destination poo poo.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Safety notwithstanding but wouldn't it be better to use a heavy roller type thing that you manually roll along this for better adhesion?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Any idea what the song in the tire video is?

"Free As the Wind" by Xu Wei

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f6gDZlZTQ0

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Good god that is a huge rear end fire. Do those fire trucks really stand a chance against a fire that huge?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I was in high school one day and the guy next to me jumped up and started hollering and smacking his pockets. He had two batters and his keys in there and they made a circuit and heated up.

My man gave himself the ol' spicy keychain.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

Do you eat a lot of hair with your coffee?

I'm actually relieved that that is hair because I thought it was a poor python that got stuck in there and died. :smith:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Just casually leaning over and putting my weight on the outside of this flimsy looking tower of scaffolding.

Someone will probably post that they are fine and it's secured somehow but I still would not do that.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

How many of those drivers are thinking "If I slow down, the moron flooring it behind me in 5 feet of visibility will slam into me, so to avoid that I better become that moron too"?

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 29, 2022

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I was splitting some wood with a hatchet a while back and it glanced off the wood and continued down (like in this video) with the side of the hatchet head glancing off my ankle bone. It hurt like hell, but it was also so very close to a much more extreme injury that I just stopped right there and went inside to contemplate how lucky I was. And also how bad I was with a hatchet.

I've had these similar moments when I hurt myself or realize I'm doing something carelessly and dangerously where I just have to completely stop what I'm doing and go inside and sit down and think about how loving careless and/or stupid I was being and how fortunate I was things didn't go worse.

My recent one was working under a push mower but I had the bright idea of putting a dumbbell on the handle to prop it up so I didn't have to turn it over on its side. Didn't occur to me at all at the time that this is also depressing the throttle. And I left the spark plug cable attached. The entire time I was changing the blade.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 29, 2022

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

That whale video has reminded me of something. Was it this thread (or a past iteration of it) that had a poster talk about how they went cave diving alone? Everyone else called them an idiot and tried to convince them to stop and the poster just ended up no longer posting one day.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

:dogstare:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Uthor posted:

All this gun talk reminds me of a guy who I knew in our 20's who confessed (wasn't proud, told the story as a warning) of the day he earned his gun license (I think he was in high school). He went home and was hanging out with his girlfriend. At some point, he grabbed his "unloaded" gun and pointed it at her as a joke (?), very thankfully didn't pulled the trigger, pulled the pump, and a bullet was ejected. Immediately dropped the gun and spent some time freaking out.

He was a much more mentally confident adult and told this as huge warning. Not sure if he still had guns when we worked together, but he definitely learned his lesson and took it to heart.

So, what happened with the girlfriend

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I think I would still try to use some kinda shuffleboard-esque stick to move AT mines even if the weight of a person is literally impossible to trigger. (not to mention the anti-tampering triggers as people have mentioned)

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

This video has everything. The sounds and sights at the end are so intense and harrowing.

Any idea on where this was?

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 4, 2022

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Knowing a log truck driver who has had never-ending problems with their health and truck (they own their own old truck) I really feel for this guy. :smith:

edit: Does he get hit in the face with his own hard hat after spiking it on the ground?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

https://i.imgur.com/yS54xrX.mp4

Sorry it doesn’t fade to Skyrim.

Jesus, if that hood wasn't as effective at removing the smoke as it was, all those people would be dead. (i hope they aren't dead)

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Always harrowing when I see the LiveLeak watermark. (not as harrowing as that collision though; jesus)

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I had the sound off at first and when I turned it on, it sounded exactly what I played in my mind.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

What is the origin of "fuckling?"

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

My favorite part of this one is that at the end, it pans over and the paint on the ground looks like a huge pool of blood like we just missed the previous stunt gone awry/right.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Waste of Breath posted:

doing dangerous poo poo on brakeless fixies (thus the way to bleed)

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

The simple things like this are always the most surprising to see in this thread.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

loving awesome. :unsmith: :3:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Just realized that not only do they ride and turn on two wheels, it all started with them swerving at the last moment to avoid that oncoming dude. Saved that guy a lot of pain (and maybe his life) and also looked cool.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

She also moves her head when she talks in such a way that I can't not notice it. It's like she's following the teleprompter as it floats about the room.